How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-10-2012
.my prison is your brain.

I wasn't crazy about "Ronan" either, I realize it was for a good cause and think highly of her for it, but it's not something I have listened to more than once, nor care to. Her best song with a non-love theme for me is "Mean", most of the others I consider awful.

I think writing about her very public relationships is her edge to boost sales and make a personal connection with her audience -- the clues in the album booklet is genius, do kids even glance at album booklets any more besides hers? I doubt it.

I admire her not being too veiled, she gets a lot of crap for doing so... which I don't really understand, she's 22 and dates a normal amount of people for her age, and she writes about love only slightly more than most singers when you get right down to it. "All Too Well" is the only time I thought she maybe slightly crossed the sanity line Did you notice, she didn't even put the extremely personal lyrics in the booklet, just skipped right over that song.

I agree with DiamondSea, a few absolute flops on there, but also some great stuff. I really like "Holy Ground" as well. She's taking risks, lyrically and rhythmically, and I have a feeling her next album with be even better.

24-10-2012
rising star

I don't like "I knew you were trouble". It's horrible. And what they were thinking releasing it as a promotional single? During the chorus I was wondering how can this song really be by Taylor Swift.

"Red" is not that good either.

I really like "State of grace", "Begin Again" and "The Lucky One" and I'm shamed to admit that I like "22"

In overall, I don't think this album is as good as "Speak Now".

Last edited by MissKateCherie; 24-10-2012 at 08:26 AM.
24-10-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
I wasn't crazy about "Ronan" either, I realize it was for a good cause and think highly of her for it, but it's not something I have listened to more than once, nor care to. Her best song with a non-love theme for me is "Mean", most of the others I consider awful.

I think writing about her very public relationships is her edge to boost sales and make a personal connection with her audience -- the clues in the album booklet is genius, do kids even glance at album booklets any more besides hers? I doubt it.

I admire her not being too veiled, she gets a lot of crap for doing so... which I don't really understand, she's 22 and dates a normal amount of people for her age, and she writes about love only slightly more than most singers when you get right down to it. "All Too Well" is the only time I thought she maybe slightly crossed the sanity line Did you notice, she didn't even put the extremely personal lyrics in the booklet, just skipped right over that song.

I agree with DiamondSea, a few absolute flops on there, but also some great stuff. I really like "Holy Ground" as well. She's taking risks, lyrically and rhythmically, and I have a feeling her next album with be even better.
The All Too Well lyrics are in my booklet...strange that they aren't in yours. Maybe it's because I bought the deluxe version from Target? Hmm..

Anyway, I love "All too Well" because I find the detailed lyrics to be deeply personal, and I think it takes a lot of guts to write like that. It reminds me of "Last Kiss" from Speak Now, which I think was the most personal song on that album. I'm obsessed with good lyrics, so that's why I like most of Taylor's songs. But my favorites are "The Lucky One", "Everything has Changed", and "22". I also like "Holy Ground" as well. I think this album is a step up maturity wise, but maybe that's just my opinion Although, I cannot stand "Stay Stay Stay," it's just silly IMO.

Last edited by MiuMiuLove; 24-10-2012 at 08:31 AM.
24-10-2012
i'm almost ready..

this is such a beautiful look!

ohsoswiftly.tumblr

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

Out and about in Soho - October 24, 2012

Meets contest winners at Walgreens Times Square - October 24, 2012

tlfan.to (posted by Tikipeter, Preppie)

25-10-2012
fashion insider

love the black dress, so cute!

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

The Late Show with David Letterman in New York - 23.10.12

celebrity-paradise (posted by Sachse)

26-10-2012
I love you too

^ she looks simply breathtaking!

26-10-2012
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

On the topic of her album: I can't stop listening to the acoustic version of State of Grace. It's worlds beyond the version she released.

V.I.P.

Arrives in Los Angeles via private jet - October 28, 2012

tlfan.to

01-11-2012
V.I.P.

Cover and cover story "Taylor Swift in Love" for Cosmopolitan US December 2012

Photographer: Matt Jones
Article: Bethany Heitman

Celebrity: Taylor Swift

Sources: Fashion Scans Remastered (fashionscansremastered.net) and tswiftdaily.com, via taylorpictures.net

01-11-2012
V.I.P.

Covers and cover story "The Art of Love" for Elle Canada December 2012

Photographer: Andrew Macpherson
Stylist: Jonas Hallberg
Hair: Jemma Muradian
Make-up: Lorrie Turk
Manicure: Stephanie Stone
Art Direction and Illustrative Typography: Beatriz Juarez

Celebrity: Taylor Swift

Source: taylorpictures.net

02-11-2012
V.I.P.

46th annual CMA Awards at the Bridgestone Arena - November 1, 2012

tlfan.to

02-11-2012
V.I.P.

tlfan.to

02-11-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Perfect dress for the occasion, it's beautiful and I'm glad it's not red all over (in keeping with her album theme), she looked great.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
swift, taylor