How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-04-2005
no photos, no photos

it! great work!

09-04-2005
Swim Upstream

thanks purechris - it turned out well...It took me all afternoon to sew the ribbons on but I am really pleased. I think it will be good with a grey pinstripe shirt underneath. thanks for liking i!!!!

09-04-2005
crossed wires.

oh, c'est tres belle helena! Yeah it would look good with a grey pinstripe shirt under, *wants to buy ribbons*

09-04-2005
Swim Upstream

merci FFF vous etes tres gentil!

10-04-2005
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
thanks purechris - it turned out well...It took me all afternoon to sew the ribbons on but I am really pleased. I think it will be good with a grey pinstripe shirt underneath. thanks for liking i!!!!
...cuteness...!!
looks great!!

12-04-2005
backstage pass

You know JC, the Swedish shop that sells jeans and stuff? Well, they also make very fun printed t-shirts for little boys!!
I buy them and make them fit me with some ties and buttoms and sewing them with my own way. They are very cheap, good cotton, colourfull and fun!
And my friends always want those shirts.:p
I got one on right now, that says "Superdude"!

13-04-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyboots
and here is one of them i did today:p
Wow! I loved it, how you did that?

13-04-2005
tea time

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionyork
Wow! I loved it, how you did that?
all you need is some card, a craft knife and some spray paint. i used car spray paint because it was the only kind i could find but any will do.

find a picture you like and begin turing it into a stencil. i used a make-up advert and i believe its kate moss' face. i used tracing paper to draw out the eyes nose and lips in an abstract style. making sure to leave gaps inbetween for the eyes and lips otherwise when you come to cut it out you wont get the lines you want and there will just be big random holes. this can take some working out with more detailed designs. this is why its done on tracing paper first.

when happy with the design and that it will work the way you want it to then trace this onto some thick card. using the craft knife cut way the bits that you want to be revealed. be careful doing this and you must have patience because it may take a while to get the sharp clean lines and this cant be rushed.

once you have finished cutting out your design your ready to spray. get the t-shirt or item of clothing you want to spray and put card behind the area you want to spray to make it flat. then place the stencil on top. then follow the instructions on the can and dont forget to shake it before spraying. always remember to spray quite a distance away to get and even effect and not to get the stencil too wet by spraying up close.

you may want to try this on some paper before doing it on your clothes and you can make any modifications to the stencil if your not pleased with the way it looks.

and hey presto one grafitti stencil top/garment

hope that helps if its not so clear feel free to pm me any questions

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cowboyboots; 13-04-2005 at 05:16 PM.

13-04-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:

no sorry ive lost the transfr lead for my digi cam, *moves piles of stuff to look for it * ill try look for it then post pics

13-04-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
merci FFF vous etes tres gentil!
Great job Helena.
Im quite new on TFS, but other day i read this WHOLE thread.. i love it.. thanks for starting it

13-04-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyboots
all you need is some card, a craft knife and some spray paint. i used car spray paint because it was the only kind i could find but any will do.

find a picture you like and begin turing it into a stencil. i used a make-up advert and i believe its kate moss' face. i used tracing paper to draw out the eyes nose and lips in an abstract style. making sure to leave gaps inbetween for the eyes and lips otherwise when you come to cut it out you wont get the lines you want and there will just be big random holes. this can take some working out with more detailed designs. this is why its done on tracing paper first.

when happy with the design and that it will work the way you want it to then trace this onto some thick card. using the craft knife cut way the bits that you want to be revealed. be careful doing this and you must have patience because it may take a while to get the sharp clean lines and this cant be rushed.

once you have finished cutting out your design your ready to spray. get the t-shirt or item of clothing you want to spray and put card behind the area you want to spray to make it flat. then place the stencil on top. then follow the instructions on the can and dont forget to shake it before spraying. always remember to spray quite a distance away to get and even effect and not to get the stencil too wet by spraying up close.

you may want to try this on some paper before doing it on your clothes and you can make any modifications to the stencil if your not pleased with the way it looks.

and hey presto one grafitti stencil top/garment

hope that helps if its not so clear feel free to pm me any questions
Hey CB!

Thank you so much for take the time and explain all those steps. I really apreciate it! You're an angel!
Im printing this post right now, lol!
I'll try and if turn out "wearable" I'll post here )

14-04-2005
tea time

its ok love creating and helping people create too

hope it turns out well *fingers crossed* cant wait to see them

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

15-04-2005
elementary.

anyone ever tried dissolvable fabric?
it's amazing for making lacey things to pin to jackets & tops !
gd stuff !

29-04-2005
backstage pass

Does anyone know a good brand of Dye I can use to get this orange color on a linen skirt?

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift

30-04-2005
backstage pass

a little help please?

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customisations