How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by tiamaria@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 9:24 am
Does ne1 know of any good websites with information on customisng on them ???? im very bored so i need sumthing to do !!
i have no idea what you like...but if you like dior...then maybe you will like this...get some jelly sandals at payless or k-mart...etc...and some superglue...some rhinestones and some tweezers and go to town... ...not really my taste...but seems easy enough...

Last edited by softgrey; 26-05-2007 at 05:07 PM.

04-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

lena...could you merge the other customising thread with this one...i;m getting all confused...thanks...

oh nevermind...you did merge them...that's what confused me...i'm ok now...ooops...

08-06-2004
rising star

Both flamingo.com and ohmystars.net have really cute ideas, and there are a gazillion liverjournals devoted to DIY.

08-06-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by StyleTeenie@Jun 8th, 2004 - 6:21 pm
Both flamingo.com and ohmystars.net have really cute ideas, and there are a gazillion liverjournals devoted to DIY.
great links!
thanks, StyleTeenie

08-06-2004
front row

i can't wait to make that book purse from flamingo.com

08-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

here's another link...

http://www.fashion-icon.com

click on style studio for diy...

08-06-2004
no photos, no photos

I lost track of this thread before I had a chance to answer.
As a teen I was very into the whole Punk look, so I started then. Now I think I still embrace that part of me, but have become somewhat of an elitist in the sense that I don't want anybody to have the things that I have. Which usually makes shopping a bore. I love the idea of one of a kind and limited edition stuff.
Since I love thrift stores, I am constantly buying old jeans, tshirts and blazers. I've done so many things with them as raw material. The latest is ruffled minis out of screen printed tshirts. Embroidered mens stripe dress shirts. And a hot, speedo style trunk out of an old Harley tee that says "Dick Farmers" across the back, and has a big "HOGG" on the front. So dirty
This Fall, I tailored down a jacket so it was very fitted and used a seam ripper to go along all the edges to get a frayed look, I've also done this on a pair of military camo cargos.
Since I make a lot of my own clothes, I guess that would fall into customization. I always try to do interesting things like an unmatched button, crazy linings, etc. I still haven't grown tired of raw edges exposed and construct a lot of my shirt collars this way. Ironically enough, the inside is usually finished with French seams, since I'm a stickler for detailing even on the inside.
I did just buy some dye to attempt my own version of the Prada tie dye sweater.
Other than that, buttons, patches, paint, prints, embroidery along with everything else posted above.

08-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

i like that seam ripper idea...chris...i'm in the market for a pair of camo cargos myself...i might have to try that...

thx for the tip...

08-06-2004
no photos, no photos

^^I need to find another pair too. Unfortunately, I didn't topstitch some of the areas and the other day I almost lost my phone from a side pocket. I think I might do a pic stitch in bright orange or yellow for an interesting contrast.

08-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by purechris@Jun 8th, 2004 - 5:20 pm
^^I need to find another pair too. Unfortunately, I didn't topstitch some of the areas and the other day I almost lost my phone from a side pocket. I think I might do a pic stitch in bright orange or yellow for an interesting contrast.
i like that...orange or red would be my choices...cool...

08-06-2004
no photos, no photos

I wore them with a bright yellow polo the other day and loved the contrast. Ever since I'm obsessed with yellow, even though I need some serious sun to wear it. Orange is one of my fav colours, but I made a pair of olive ripstop pants with orange detailing on pockets, button holes and hem, so it would be very similar. Red sounds way cool!

08-06-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 5th, 2004 - 12:46 am
oh...helena...that sounds cute...with the scarf trick...

yes...lena...looking forward to your response...what about everyone else...

ale, acid, etc...where are our aspiring fashion designers...don't you guys have some creative tidbits to share...!!

gucci ...i know a trick of yours...
Don't worry, Ive got a few more up my sleeve/trouser leg

By the way, I'm thinking about a lil project, a lil something, and I've come accross a few problems which in time, I hope will be solved.
Say, if you paint denim, and wash it, does the paint wash off? What kind of paint should be usedt o stop this from happening?

08-06-2004
Fierce Flava

I love cutomizing!!

Even littling things as adding pins, rhinestones, buttons make a difference..

I have a lot of cut off shirts and things...

*I've done kinda a ruching like thing with a shirt where you pull the strings and it gathers up the materials together. I thought it was hard at first when I didnt know how but it was quite easy acutally.

*like I said I cut the neck and sleeves and diff angles...

* one thing I always liked tweaking is concert tees..usually they are just big and shape less so I cut out the size to a more curvy shape and get them sewn back together or lace them up in the sides...then I do a cut off on the top and there its so cute after.

* I've made handbags also out of old jeans and fabrics...I still love the clutch I made for my boyfriends sister...its a drawstring top but I used a metal chain and on the links I attached charms and me and my boyfriend sketched onto it with some cloth ink a small pattern on the right bottom corner and he did a kool font of her name. I love the lining I did though...its hot pink silk with a really kool sketch/graffiti print I transfered on.

08-06-2004
Fierce Flava

Ah there is a paint that is for cloth but I cant remember the name

ask purple, she's done some shirt painting.

08-06-2004
V.I.P.

paint with acrylics and then seal it with hairspray

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customisations