How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-05-2005
V.I.P.

^ I think you could still work with them Kimkhuu. If they remind you of leggings, couldn't you could wear them like leggings?

23-05-2005
slightly dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
So should I wear or not my skinny black pants? If they are skinny to the point that the part from the knees to the feet are as skinny as leggings? Would that be a yay or a nay?
It's up to you to decide! =)

Personally, I think it's better if it's at least slighly wider than tights so it can move a bit. ;-)

23-05-2005
V.I.P.

Well of course it will move, but I am just scared they are really ugly (because they are, but I really don't want to throw them away, at the price I paid for them)....?!

23-05-2005
slightly dizzy

Kim, if you think it looks good: flaunt it!

If not: don't.

23-05-2005
about to fall or fly

kim, if you find them really, really hideous as jeans (and i couldn't tell you until i saw a pic...want to post one? don't if you are really scared!) you could always customise them into a jean skirt. you probably have enough material for that. i totally understand not wanting to part with them, especially if they cost $$$.

24-05-2005
V.I.P.

^ Great advice.... But I am still hopelessly looking for a way to be able to wear them..... Are skinny jeans that are normal fit from the waist to the knees but leggings' fit from the knee to the feet wearable..? Or is it too ugly?!

24-05-2005
V.I.P.

^ That shape does sound a little strange...

Can you let out the lower leg? Or maybe take in the thigh? If not, I think .francesca's suggestion if probably your best option...

Or maybe long cut-offs if they have some bag in the thigh. I've seen those worn well recently, although it seems a bit tricky...

24-05-2005
V.I.P.

^ I so don't want to part with those jeans....

I just found a pic, mine are as tight as this:

24-05-2005
V.I.P.

I think those are cute if the thigh of your jeans resembles those in the pic. I'd rock em

24-05-2005
V.I.P.

Ok, but those jeans I made were meant to be for everyday casual wear. Could I wear them with my hi top Converse all stars in black?

24-05-2005
What fresh hell is this.?

If your jeans are like the pics, they look great
And I'm sure they will look great with your converse. Where I live I have seen quite a few wearing that.

24-05-2005
V.I.P.

And what if mine are even tighter than the one the girl in the pic is wearing.....

24-05-2005
What fresh hell is this.?

It's hard to tell, when we haven't seen your jeans. But I have seen tighter jeans than the ones at the pic, and they looked all right :p

24-05-2005
tfs star

I'm not married yet but the best customization is to dye your wedding shoes to the color of your dress...and all your bridesmaids' too!

24-05-2005
tea time

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
how did you pin them 'boots...?...
like, how did you know how much to take them in , cause it's impossible to pin your calves while you have them on, right?...

great job btw...
well i was wearing some shorts at the time and i hate taking clothes on and off to alter them! so i pulled the bottom half of the jeans on from the knee down with the crotch area around my knees then pinned them ta da the jeans dont move because you only have them on half way! and i generally pin my clothes on inside out anyway!

and i did kind of wing it but hey it worked!

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customisations