How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-06-2004
front row

don't try to imagine my crap drawing, came out wrong. Confused? I'm not surprised!!!

24-06-2004
backstage pass

attempted to paint a pair of scuffed only-worn-once white pumps. went horribly bad. maybe i'll try making them sparkly/sequiny. maybe put down glue and spread glitter?

25-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection..

Quote:
Originally posted by smashinfashion@Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:07 pm
attempted to paint a pair of scuffed only-worn-once white pumps. went horribly bad.* * maybe i'll try making them sparkly/sequiny. maybe put down glue and spread glitter?
painting pumps seems to be all the rage over here...i feel like everyone is wearing stuff from thrift stores...doesn't anyone buy anything new anymore?...

you might want to try this...poke a hole on either side of the seam at the heel of the shoe and then thread a ribbon through and tie a bow...it looks pretty cute...

also...spray paiint works really well on shoes or any leather...maybe you can stencil them somehow...i'm thinking of doing that myself...

25-06-2004
El Viaje Definitivo

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 24th, 2004 - 10:40 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 24th, 2004 - 10:40 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-runner@Jun 24th, 2004 - 1:44 am
a daring technique, softgrey

Meltonian might be good, or something like that.
daring?!?! ...you're talking to a girl who cut a pair of boots in half and threw them in the dryer...

what is meltonian please?... [/b][/quote]
putting it on while wet reminded me of "Quadrophenia",
where they went with their pants wet in order to mold to their legs (maybe).

even if leather has dried up, we might get a little of the mod effect by Meltonian (leather care cream for sofa, bags, etc.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg qdf.jpg (33.4 KB, 42 views)

Let the stars decide

25-06-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:46 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:46 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-smashinfashion@Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:07 pm
attempted to paint a pair of scuffed only-worn-once white pumps. went horribly bad.* * maybe i'll try making them sparkly/sequiny. maybe put down glue and spread glitter?
painting pumps seems to be all the rage over here...i feel like everyone is wearing stuff from thrift stores...doesn't anyone buy anything new anymore?...

you might want to try this...poke a hole on either side of the seam at the heel of the shoe and then thread a ribbon through and tie a bow...it looks pretty cute...

also...spray paiint works really well on shoes or any leather...maybe you can stencil them somehow...i'm thinking of doing that myself... [/b][/quote]
cute idea. yeah, i love stencils, i was trying to think of one to do on them.

28-06-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 16th, 2004 - 10:31 am
cut off and distressed frye leather boots with sandpaper...

threw in washing machine and dryer...

low temp in the washing machine...dryer for 30 min...

oh..what to do with the left over leather from the boots...

Did it end up turning out good? Sounds pretty goddamn fabulous.

28-06-2004

Quote:
Originally posted by StyleTeenie+Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:31 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (StyleTeenie @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:31 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Jun 16th, 2004 - 10:31 am
cut off and distressed frye leather boots with sandpaper...

threw in washing machine and dryer...

low temp in the washing machine...dryer for 30 min...

oh..what to do with the left over leather from the boots...

Did it end up turning out good? Sounds pretty goddamn fabulous. [/b][/quote]
thanks teenie...

yup...they came out pretty damn well...i wore them the other day with a little ruffled mini and a slouchy top with a low slung belt...i felt like a rock star...

rock-n-roll.... :punk:

28-06-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Because all of the commercial epaulettes are a rip-off I'm making my own epaulettes

I'm making a pair of leaves out of papier-mache ( ), the leaves will curl up slightly at the end, then I'll paint them with gold-leaf, put some kind of fixative on top, attach tassels hanging down from the edge of the leaf and then attach them to my prussian blue suit (which is still under construction)...

28-06-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jun 28th, 2004 - 11:37 am
Because all of the commercial epaulettes are a rip-off I'm making my own epaulettes

I'm making a pair of leaves out of papier-mache ( ), the leaves will curl up slightly at the end, then I'll paint them with gold-leaf, put some kind of fixative on top, attach tassels hanging down from the edge of the leaf and then attach them to my prussian blue suit (which is still under construction)...
Sounds awesome...!!! Care to tell about the whole envisioned look?

28-06-2004

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep+Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheSoCalledPrep @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats@Jun 28th, 2004 - 11:37 am

Sounds awesome...!!! Care to tell about the whole envisioned look? [/b][/quote]
yeah...really...do tell...

01-07-2004
V.I.P.

Not exactly a really tedious customization, but I love it all the same. Sorry if I have posted this already.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AntiMcDonalds.jpg (45.7 KB, 93 views)

01-07-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:37 pm

Sounds good, have you got the shoes to match yet?

01-07-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep+Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheSoCalledPrep @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 5:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats@Jun 28th, 2004 - 11:37 am

Sounds awesome...!!! Care to tell about the whole envisioned look? [/b][/quote]
Love the anti MacDs t-shirt!

The whole look is based on Tancredi Prince of Falconeri (in my avatar) from Giuseppe Lampedusa's Il Gattopardo and Visconti's film of the same title - the book notes him for his slim elegance and the film is visually lavish (the Sicily scenes from the Godfather II are directly copied from it). The whole look is inspired by the baroque opulence and also masculine elegance.

I need a pair of patent pumps with woven bows at the front (Bottega Veneta) to complete the look, as something else knows...

01-07-2004
V.I.P.

I'm dying over here. What you just described sounds wonderful. Your avatar is divine... reminiscent of an old-world style that I just have to love.

01-07-2004
trendsetter

I'm making my own bedspread since i can't afford to buy one
I am crocheting blocks and then I want to attach them with blocks of contracting fabric. Maybe do some beading on it in the end. Kind of Arabian Nights on Acid feel

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customisations