How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-03-2009
tfs star

03-04-2009
backstage pass

There is a customisation thread here

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ions-5290.html

I'm sure at some stage someone on it asked a similar question to yours. If you can't find the post, maybe you could ask your question on that thread?

07-04-2009
Storm & Sommer

I'm customizing a bike for my daughters 4 year birthday.. I thought about photographing the process but forgot

Sofar I've stripped it of all the ugly labels/stickers and spraypainted *gold* everything that was black .. the rest of the bike is babypink and white.. very girly girly..

I need to spray a second layer of gold and finally I've got roughly 400 swarowski crytals (in gold, icecrystal and pink) to glue to the bike (If only I can find where I put them!!!)

pinterest : hanneonpin

11-04-2009
backstage pass

Customized a boring A-line skirt to this:

11-04-2009
backstage pass

^ Ah that's lovely!

11-04-2009
Fashion Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
I need to spray a second layer of gold and finally I've got roughly 400 swarowski crytals (in gold, icecrystal and pink) to glue to the bike (If only I can find where I put them!!!)
i wouldve died of excitement if i had a bike like that when i was a kid...i can totally picture myself riding that bike haha pics please!!

12-04-2009
windowshopping

hi i dont know if this is the right place to post this, but i recently bought a pair of orange flats from zara, similar to these.
kaboodle.com
i really have found nothing to wear with them - color wise - but they're actually nice looking and comfortable. they're 50% of textile it says on the tag. is there a way to dye those shoes black?
(move if the wrong section)

12-04-2009
Not Thinking About Time

I would just dye them with RIT dye it always works great on anything that I have done. If anyone has better suggestions you should listen to them I have never dyed shoes.

Portfolio Last FM

12-04-2009
rising star

I'm starting college this summer and I want an awesome bag to take around campus. I found this old backpack of my brothers, and I decided I'm going to stud it! Right now it's just like this:
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/4E51EA3A.jpg

I'm going to go to the craft store this week...any suggestions on what type of studs? Should I do gold or silver? or both?! Pyramid or round or flat or what?! And, should I glue them on or should I actually use all the prongs and kill my fingers? I'd love some advice from a studding expert, as I see many of you are!

Last edited by gius; 13-04-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: no credits

12-04-2009
Fashion Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkamm View Post
hi i dont know if this is the right place to post this, but i recently bought a pair of orange flats from zara, similar to these.
kaboodle.com
i really have found nothing to wear with them - color wise - but they're actually nice looking and comfortable. they're 50% of textile it says on the tag. is there a way to dye those shoes black?
i once dyed a pair of denim flip flops and i totally ruined them. i thought since they were denim i could use regular clothing dye but the result was awful. i mena the color was great but they were ruined because they werent sewn together but glued and the glue didnt hold the hot water so....dont do it that way

13-04-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkamm View Post

I agree don't dye them. Just cover them over with another fabric.
Hunt out the fabric stores in your area and go nuts!!! If you don't have any good quality places near, try Tessuti fabrics online. They have some really beautiful pieces

13-04-2009
Fashion Designer

the only solution i can think of is that maybe you can use a bleach solution to strip out the bright orange from your shoes.

Try 5 parts of water for every one of bleach and put it in a spray bottle, carefully spray waiting a few seconds from layer to layer to set until desired color. Then you can use a regular shoe polish in black, the ones that come in a bottle with a ready to use sponge on the top, with thin coats over and over until it looks nice. these have some glossy shine since they are made for leather otherwise your shoes would end up looking opaque.
Just never ever submerge them into water or similar

let us know how it worked out.

13-04-2009
Fashion Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionfille View Post
I'm starting college this summer and I want an awesome bag to take around campus. I found this old backpack of my brothers, and I decided I'm going to stud it! Right now it's just like this:

I'm going to go to the craft store this week...any suggestions on what type of studs? Should I do gold or silver? or both?! Pyramid or round or flat or what?! And, should I glue them on or should I actually use all the prongs and kill my fingers? I'd love some advice from a studding expert, as I see many of you are!
I already did something like this. i did it for my sister like a million years ago. i did a pretty simple butterfly just an outline but didnt use pliers or anything like that and messed up my fingers since it was a long time ago some studs are missing but you can pretty much see the butterfly.
CIMG6769.JPG

it gave life to a pretty much boring cord backpack. i used golden round top studs because i wanted them to look feminine and gold was best suited for the color of the backpack but that depends on how you want you backpack to look.

13-04-2009
Not Thinking About Time

I am shredding a t right now but I am going to try and do the whole thing and then reattach the threads to make something rodarte-ish I am still leaving some of the vertical threads intact to hold it together.

Portfolio Last FM

13-04-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionfille View Post

hey, me again. so, i went shopping for studs today and can't find them ANYWHERE! if any of you have bought studs before, where did you get them? what online sites sell them in bulk for a good price? i want to start my backpack, it's killing me that i can't find any stupid studs! HELP PLEASE!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
customisations