How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-02-2011
flaunt the imperfection..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
i'm not entirely sure this belongs here but...

i have a polo shirt that is kinda lavender in color. what color would be good to dye it to? navy? a proper, deep purple? i don't want it black.
we have a whole thread about dying...
i'll see if i can find a link for you...

25-02-2011
scenester

Thank's guys!

I've just finished the second shoe and wore them around the house for a while.
I wouldn't describe them as "not comfortable"... but they're definitely heavy, and I can feel the screw heads on some parts. I'll need to take them out on a field trip to see if they actually hurt my feet, and if they do I'll just cover the inside in suede and I'm good! That might not be necessary since I can't wear shoes without socks and that's kind of a protection, but you never know!

Here are two extremely crappy iPhone pics of me wearing the shoes. Sorry about my alien legs.. weeeeird angle! Aaand the socks (in my defence, I was wearing high tops today, so I'm allowed to wear light grey - not white as they appear - socks since they don't show.. ). Tomorrow I'll have someone take a couple decent pics and I'll post them.

I'm sorry, I keep on forgeting to credit pics.. so, unless stated otherwise, all pictures are by me!

Last edited by HPrince; 25-02-2011 at 08:40 PM.
26-02-2011
fashion insider

gimmethatbag thanks so much

trendsetter

Wow, well done HPrince.

If I saw you past down the road in these, I would totally think they were the real thing!!! Congratulations bcs they look fantastic!!!

scenester

^^ Obrigado eu-pt!!

Unfortunately this weekend was not meant to be... A friend's dog had to be put down due to age and I went to have dinner with her and a couple of friends to try and cheer her up. Something extremely casual, so no Rollerlads for me! We ended up staying at her place for the night and the weekend was over.
Next weekend I'll be out snowboarding, so unless I screw a few more studs, this time on the soles, I won't be wearing them either because I don't feel like sliding on anything other than my board!
Honestly I don't know when exactly am I going to wear the shoes, but when I do I'll post the pictures here.

Moving on... I think I might have gone a little bit overboard with the spikes thing.. I'm spiking everything that crosses my path! Luckily there are only a few left now, but that's because I already made some victims! Excess of spikes and Burberry Prorsum's inspiration produced these:

- This shirt was worn one single time... almost a year ago! And I didn't know if or when I would wear it again... Now I can't wait!

- This was a plain black knit jacket with interesting details... It had potential but lacked a little je ne sais quoi. Perfect for warm spring days and chilly summer nights.

- Finally this navy trench coat I got almost two years ago and worn a lot on the first year, but only once last Autumn... Revamped! (as in "vampirized", because the spikes are shaped like vampires' teeth... lol nonsense!)

That's all... for spikes!

While I was high on "DIYing", my poor Vespa's keychain caught my eye. I must confess I tried to "spike it", but it didn't look good... So I turned to my long time love for.. bolts!
I love it that Prada does a reinterpretation of their somewhat iconic keychains (they did it with the bears, the robots...), and I didn't have the opportunity (read: "money") to get the 2010 skull, that was a bionic version of my 2009 pirate skull, and I don't like the 2011 "royal" skull at all... So I "DIYed" mine!

All pictures by me.

This was it before... I was really over the black pearl! But now I feel like I renewed my love for at least another year!

PRADA.com via purseholic.com

Aaaaaand... that's it! I'm going to chain myself to a pole, have someone hide the spikes away from view and then check in for DIY rehab!

But before I do that, tell me what you think... honestly! Is this too much?? ^^'

Last edited by HPrince; 01-03-2011 at 09:35 AM.
01-03-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPrince View Post
Aaaaaand... that's it! I'm going to chain myself to a pole, have someone hide the spikes away from view and then check in for DIY rehab!

But before I do that, tell me what you think... honestly! Is this too much?? ^^'

I love the cardigan!!! Not too much, nor to little. Is just perfect and I would wear it straight away!!

tfs star

GIVENCHY Spring 2011 Couture inspired skirt

style.com

These are my own pics:
Attached Images
File Type: png Névtelen1.png (304.0 KB, 5 views)

06-03-2011
V.I.P.

HPrince I LOVE your shoes
They look like real Louboutin!

The spiked trench coat is amazing too!
Very well done!

rising star

DIY: sequined skirt

I really wanted a gold sequined skirt, but the ones I liked were very expensive and it is not a skirt you can wear time after time, so I decided to make one!

You need:
- simple tube skirt (this is a 5 euro tube skirt from H&M)
- sequined stretch fabric
- sewing materials

First, lay the skirt on top of the fabrick and make sure the part where the sequins end is on the upper hem (so the sequins won't irritale your waist) and cut out 2 pieces a bit bigger than the skirt. First, sew on the sides.

If you sewed on the sides, you can sew on the waist-part, make diagonal stitches like below, else when the skirt stretches the threads will break, this way they will stretch along.

cut the lower part so it is a bit longer than the original skirt, you dont have to sew this part.

YAY!!!! Finished

16-03-2011
tfs star

^Nice job!

16-03-2011
rising star

WOW Hprince Your Rollerlads are amazing!!!! Can I ask what are the size of the cone studs you used????

scenester

Now, really, thank you guys for your comments and Karma!!

Just a little update... I finally had the chance to wear my Rollerlads this past weekend to a friend's exhibition on a gallery. She's a painter who I frequently model for. Then I went out for a hardcore night... and by hardcore I mean walking around a lot on asphalt and cobblestone, crowded bars with people dancing and jumping around, and the night ended at an awfully crowded club with shattered glass on the floor at one point. The soles held up surprisingly well! But there were casualties... three spikes (from the front of the shoes where I couldn't place the screw from the inside and just glued the spike on) fell off. Considering the amount of people who stepped on them... it could have been much worse!
A lot of heads turned and I got a few compliments too! It was the ultimate test and they passed with distinction! The spikes were replaced and the soles got a new coat of paint. Next time I'll be kinder... No stepping on shattered glass. Promise!

mlaure, I got the spikes online. They're about 7mm diameter by 15mm tall. PM me if you want the address!

picture by me

That's me on the right wearing the Rollerlads at the gallery with my friend Délia, the painter, in the middle.
I tend to bend forward when I'm standing next to shorter people so I end up looking weird. Also I had just arrived from 5 days of snowboarding... that's why only my face is tan!...

Last edited by HPrince; 16-03-2011 at 08:59 PM.
18-03-2011
fashion insider

The sequin skirt look so fab! congrats!!!

V.I.P.

gosh the sequin skirt.... love

love all the latest DIY posts

18-03-2011
V.I.P.

wow, Hprince. i am so impressed by all of your studding posts! did you use a pencil to mark off the places to stud so the shoes would be uniformly studded? did you get the studs from studsandspikes.com? did your fingers hurt a while? what sort of studding "gun" did you use? terrific job you should be really proud of yourself!

i have studded flats that are also "louboutinesque" none of the studs have fallen out. its just sort of weird when the shoes brush against each other.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
diy, fashion, ideas