How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-06-2007
fashion insider

Harry Potter DIY
Since this summer is dedicated to Harry Potter (yes, I am talking about the last book and ootp premiere, just in case anyone missed it:p), its about time to start this thread.

Do you (like me) make you own Harry Potter inspired clothes? Like cloak, knittings, etc?
In this thread we could show pictures, give each other advice and get feedback on our work.

What do you guys think?

17-06-2007
V.I.P.

^ YES!!! I have the Gryffindor scarf, I love it but unfortunately I cant wear it in this weather, I also have patches of Slytherin & Gryffindor that I have sewn on my old school bag. I always wanted to make a cloak but my sister thought I was crazy so I never got around to it. I really want a wand

29-06-2007
fashion insider

^^Dont listen to your sister, make a cloak if you want one !!!
I have a wandmaking tutorial (if you dont want to buy one, Aliwans are surely the best. I have to make one by myself, cause then I got more cosplay points )... But the tutorial is in Swedish. Maybe you can study the pictures ...
Completed wand (not the best pic, but anyways...)

Link to Play Nicely, Potter! wand tutorial !!!

At the moment I am working on Ginny outfit to wear at the bookrelease. But I have some problems with Arnold... any ideas?
(I can publish pics at the whole outfit this weekend! I am really satisfied with it)

scenester

^ Do you mean Arnold the pygmy puff?!?!?!! That is amazing that you're making him!

I kind of want to dress up for the final book but I'm afraid I might be too old in comparison to the 11 year olds....

30-06-2007
fashion insider

Yes, Arnold the pygmy puff. But how shall a do him! I have no ideas at all. All I know is that he are going to sit on my shoulder.
I planning to do him after this amazing fanart:

from http://www.myspace.com/purple_pygmy_puff

And dont care about being to old! How old are you anyways?
I'm 23 and all my friends that are going to dress up about 20-30 years old.
My father turns 69 this fall and he is going to the bookrelease. I want him to dress up as Dumbledore, but he a bit uncomfortable with the beard... At least daddy will wear a Ravenclawtie and some Hary Potterpins

(I am making pins for the book release with the different theories...!)

scenester

Yay! I love that you are making him!!!!
This in an idea off the top of my head, so it might not be too great, but I'll try to keep thinking of other ideas for you!

Maybe you could get a styrofoam sphere like they sell at craft stores and then pin strands of colored yarn onto it.

I'm 19. And you're right! I think I will dress up anyway!!!! It will be my last chance, won't it? So I'd better go all out!

08-07-2007
fashion insider

I havn't pics of my finished cloak yet, but here is some from the progress.
I made it in 1 piece (yes, I had a lot of fabric) .
In the pics I have not attached the hood yet, and the buttons (nor the patch).

But youre see were I'm heading.... right?
[IMG]http://images7.*************/thumbs/eb/50cc3ce6fbe4d156deba5be3ff2fbbeb.th.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://images7.*************/thumbs/8e/b0669674fec05db3d97b00315a4fec8e.th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://images7.*************/thumbs/4e/6f0019ef5f06b2cff3c60dfe6871514e.th.jpg[/IMG]

And I have made a couple of Arnolds... I take some photos of them, and maybe you can help decid wich Arnold is the best (the one and only pygmypuff )

V.I.P.

^ Oh the Ginny idea sounds amazing!!!! I wish I had someone like you to go the book opening with! None of my friends like Harry Potter at all, its annoying. The cloak is amazing, good job! Its better than the ones you can buy online and I'm so making my own wand:p

Last edited by Lacroix; 10-07-2007 at 12:28 PM.
10-07-2007
V.I.P.

For Arnold, maybe you could get a plain small ball and then get thick fluffly felt or material and cover it?? then you could buy little goggle eyes from HobbyCraft or something? Good luck!

10-07-2007
V.I.P.

Thought I'd post some of my Harry Potter 'items' it's very sad of me but this is part of my collection and I'm strangely proud of it

Golden Snitch
Time Turner!
Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them
Gryffindor house scarf!

10-07-2007
tfs star

I made my own wand a couple of years ago from a thick tree branch. It doesn't have a handle or anything, but I took all of the bark off and I made it smooth with sandpaper and painted/polished it. I'm oddly proud of it.

scenester

Perfect10, the robes look incredible! Good job

Lacroix Cool collection! I love the time turner, I want to get one myself

Here are some Radish earrings I made last night. I'm going to dress up as Luna!!!

10-07-2007
V.I.P.

^ how did you make those earrings??? Theyre amazing

11-07-2007
fashion insider

arrgh! I hate my computer Ive just wrote a reply but it vanished mysteriously.... anyways...

Lacroix I also want a timeturner! they are so cool... Great idea too publish you H.P collection, planning to do the same!
Harry Potter merchandise is really hard to get in Sweden. It was better some years ago, with launch of the two first films. Now I have to order everything on ebay, and shipping to Sweden is a bit expensive

And I wish you were in Stockholm at the bookrealse. It is going to be costume party (with a contest)...

soscalls the earings are wonderful!
They seems so much better than the ones in the movie, which is verry small and seems to made of glasspearls?

(mugglenet.com)

fashion insider

Ive almost finished my Arnold now... I found a toy from the movie Arthur and the minimoys wich is a white fluffy ball and when you shakes it it turns blue!
I just covered it with purple paint, and when it dries I'm going the glue some tiny eyes on him.
He is going to be so cute

I really need Arnold for people to understand that I am Ginny :p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
diy, harry, potter