How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-01-2005
rising star

Yes, wool does itch, doesn't it? Anyhow, I was just wondering if the quality of the acrylic yarns today are better than the ones like, ten years ago, because I remember that certain types of acrylics would pill when you wash them. I don't know about nowadays, since I haven't bought a 100% acrylic sweater in a long time. Anyone out there know about that, if the yarn still has a tendency to pill? Thanks!

31-01-2005
tea time

i have an 100% acrylic jumper and its still in good condition and i love the fact that acrylic doesnt shrink while wool tends to. and its so much cheaper than wool aswell. really when i think about it i do prefer acrylic to wool.

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
31-01-2005
about to fall or fly

i don't mind so much for me personally, i do like wool but it seems so impractical sometimes. but when i make things for other people i like that acrylic is more versatile...they can put it in the wash if they choose and not have to worry that it might shrink or stretch or whatever. most acrylic yarns can be machine washed, but i've found that most tend to handwash it. i would be most worried about a scarf or something stretching in the machine.

ps cowboy, you better post your new scarf!

31-01-2005
tea time

i will i promise im still knitting it i hope to finish it by friday as i have a university interview and could be used in my portfolio!

i'l get knitting!

31-01-2005
tea time

nearly finished all i need to do is add a button and im done but the button has super glue on it and needs to dry so i'l maybes post a pic 2moro or wednesday!

so you get to see my beautiful face again!

Last edited by cowboyboots; 31-01-2005 at 03:57 PM.
01-02-2005
tea time

as promised here is me and my new scarf that i finished today! it fastens with a button at the front. and is made from ribbon twist wool which gives it those different colour running through the yarn. its a wool and acrylic blend. and the button is a vintage one i borrowed from school!

hope you guys like!?

Last edited by Elegance.Is.Refusal.; 05-01-2007 at 02:08 PM.
01-02-2005
about to fall or fly

^ i love love love! i've been making neckwarms with buttons too. that's awesome! wanna do a trade?

01-02-2005
rising star

That is an absolutely adorable button scarf! Hey, it will stay in place! I always get worried about my scarves always catching in doors... and my car door, especially!

02-02-2005
tea time

thanks for the compliments guys.

.francesca and sorry i wont trade it i love it too much! sorry!

i could maybes knit you another one if i can find that wool again i just love it! try and find another matching button too.

Last edited by cowboyboots; 02-02-2005 at 03:47 AM.
02-02-2005
about to fall or fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyboots
.francesca and sorry i wont trade it i love it too much! sorry!

i could maybes knit you another one if i can find that wool again i just love it! try and find another matching button too.
i didn't mean that one silly! i just meant trade in general. you don't have to use that same yarn/button if you can't find it...but i'd love a brown one.

pm me if you really want to trade and we can discuss things!

25-02-2005
Storm & Sommer

I'm gettin the hang of knitting now..the little baby vest I'm making is coming along..and it definately looks homemade and not machinemade with the unevenness of my knitting, the little opps'es here and there..I try to convince myself it only adds character to the vest

pinterest : hanneonpin
25-02-2005
Storm & Sommer

I'm starting to get a hang of knitting..the baby vest I'm making is coming along.

It definately looks homemade and not machinemade with the unevenness of my knitting and the oopps's here and there..I'm trying to convince myself it adds character to the vest

pinterest : hanneonpin
09-04-2005
crossed wires.

This is one of the scarves i've knitted, I didn't want to make it a wrap round one, so I decided to thread a ribbon threw the middle to keep the 2 ends together...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ribscarf.jpg (10.1 KB, 5 views)

09-04-2005
crossed wires.

This is a small peach scarf I knitted, pictures are pretty low quality since i took them from a current picture, I use a small gold and pearl brooch in the centre to hold it in place...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peach.jpg (14.8 KB, 7 views)

09-04-2005
V.I.P.

amy they're Gorgeous . I want one so bad. Im inspired to learn to kn it. ive tried on several occasions with the help of stich n bitch but never quite got the knack of it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
knitted, knitting, reptilephilia