How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-05-2005
tea time

Arksiel i think the necklace stands out on its own because its a structural piece and i dont think in my opinion needs anything adding to it

ebyokuri loving the earings especially the handcuffs great twist

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

07-05-2005
V.I.P.

ebyo, those are great! Very creative!

07-05-2005
scenester

thanks! I'm trying my hand at selling them so I'll see how they do. I have lots of ideas so I'll post them as I make them.

08-05-2005
front row

thanks for the input cowboy boots - you may be right, once i clean up the edges it will probably look finished as is....

ebyokuri those earrings are funky, very rocker chic. good luck with the sales, let us know how it goes!

for mothers day I have been doing a lot of beading on paper for cards and hand-made flowers (for bows) Ill post the resulsts later.

and Ive started making pieces with used/old guitar strings (cast-offs from one of the bfs many guitars!) that I think will turn out great once finished! yay for recycling!

I am wondering where all of the others that inspired me to take up beading are? As You Like IT et all, any new pieces?

flaunt the imperfection..

i am giving karma to every one of you who has posted their work on the last 2 pages

you guys are fantastic and everyone is so individual...
thank you all for sharing your work with us...
i am so impressed with all the talent i see right here..!!...

fashion spotters ROCK!!......

woo!!

08-05-2005
Proponent of Plaid

Happiness, I meant to tell you ages ago that your necklaces you posted are very pretty and would make nice, basic pieces for layering.

Arksiel, I love that one brass piece , especially. I can tell you are very good with your hands and a pair of pliers.

I do actually have a few new pieces to show.

(click image for full size view)
I did another one of those bead-and-link long chain necklaces, this time in greens. The central charm is a glass disc about the size of a silver dollar with a little glass butterfly suspended from it.

I used lampwork beads and little foil-colored diamond-shaped beads to make the charms that hang on this necklace. I think they look like little spinning tops or flying saucers, depending on my mood.

This amazing thing is a mini-lei made of #11 and #8 clear glass rocailles with color-glazed holes. The bobblies in the center are opaque, rainbow glass beads.

It is also part of a set, but you can see the smaller, subtler strands on their own, too. This lot was an insane amount of work to complete!

08-05-2005
tea time

i love the green necklace it looks great with the mix of all the green colours together

the other pieces are gorgeous too it must have taken you ages to make that rainbow one! i always enjoy seeing your creations

08-05-2005
Proponent of Plaid

Thanks! As you might have guessed, green is one of my favorite colors.

And yes, that little rainbow one took ages to make. I don't think I could make those to sell, because it was about $80 worth of labor, and who pays $80 for glass beads you can buy for $1.25/tube?

08-05-2005
backstage pass

can you guys recommend good websites that have nice and inexpensive findings and spacers and other jewelry stuff-- chains etc... brass.. i dont like those silvertone ones. i want brass; antiqued silver (real silver) etc. thanks

tea time

Quote:
Originally Posted by As You Like It
Thanks! As you might have guessed, green is one of my favorite colors.

And yes, that little rainbow one took ages to make. I don't think I could make those to sell, because it was about $80 worth of labor, and who pays $80 for glass beads you can buy for $1.25/tube?
i love green to thats why i was so drawn to it

$80 worth of labor i think that sums it up really but it is such a wonderful piece

ingenue sorry i dont have a clue about buying components from websites have you tryed googling it?

08-05-2005
backstage pass

cowboyboots: yeah i have but most of them are cheap silvertone material :eeks

tea time

i tryed looking but im useless when it comes to searching for things! maybe someone with more info will answer your question

08-05-2005
flaunt the imperfection..

good question ingenue...
nice new stuff michelle...i think the rainbow looks like at least $80 worth of labour...
that would seem like a fair price for something like that to me...you just nee to find someone who is really into that look...and i think they'd easily pay that...

i started to make a necklace...it's nothing as professional as some of the work you guys ...

but it's inspired by lanvin/marni/marc...i like it a lot so far....it's supposed to look 'crafty' and handmade...the wooden beads fare from the 70's ...but i want to make it asymmetrical...add something to one side...i sort of want to make a fabric flower or something...maybe add some cord bits...maybe lighter/brighter colours...

please help me!!...anyone have any ideas?...
all input appreciated...
thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (99.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (55.3 KB, 12 views)

08-05-2005
Proponent of Plaid

Filigrees

Costume Jewelry Supplies (excellent site overall!)
Fire Mountain Gems (semiprecious stones, glass beads, metal beads, miscellaneous natural beads)

However, I get a lot of my supplies just from the regular craft and fabric shops like Michael's Crafts and Jo-Ann Fabrics. And the eeeevil Wal-Mart. And some interesting vintagey stuff from yardsales and junk shops.

Softie...you can make fabric flowers by ruffling a piece of ribbon along one edge, then coiling it up along that ruffled edge, stitching it to lie flat. That makes a rosette. Otherwise, you can cut petal pieces of any shape you like (triangular, oval, and heart-shapes seem to work best) and stitch them together in a little bouquet.

This one I made as trim on a hat I made for a client. It is meant to look quite a lot like a Poinsettia. These are the triangular petal shapes. I made a little pleat in the bottom of each petal to make them look fluffier.

This one I cut a long strip of fabric, then cut large scallops in one side of it, zig-zagged the raw edges, then gathered the straight edge and coiled it, as one would do to make a rosette. The green leaves are large triangles with pleats in them.

Both of these flowers are very large, but one could make similar ones which were smaller. The red one is about the size of a coaster for your coffee mug, and the pink one is bigger than my hand!

08-05-2005
backstage pass

wow softie that necklace is totally rad! so 70s
and asyoulikeit, i love the way you made the flowers. geez people youre all so darn creative !!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jewelry, making