How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-12-2004
tea time

Making Your Own Jewelry!
I've done abit of making my own jewlery earings, braclets, necklaces. just wondering really has anyone else been doing this and any suggestions really because i love making my own pieces as no one else will hav them and their original.

i'l throw one into the mix of plectrum earings satisfying when you've made them yourself.

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

01-12-2004
front row

I've been making jewelry aswell nothing great though, just doing it for my self and no one to teach me so I have no idea if what I'm doing is right I have a lot of ideas and really want to be able to learn more about jewelry making. Number 1 on my christmas gift wish list is a book about jewelry making

rising star

I've started making my own earrings, bracelets and necklaces too. It's quite satisfying to see the appreciation on people's faces when you have given them something you have made.

Lately I have had an obsession with searching for interesting beads and earring components.

within an embrace

I make my own jewellery when I have time as well. Most of mine are wire, chains and gemstones...more delicate, but I might go into more substanstial looking jewellery.

My friends seem to like telling everyone that I make my own jewellery, sometimes. haha.

I wish I really had access to really really high quality materials and tools to make jewellery, though. But it's mostly a casual hobby.

01-12-2004
Vinniccio

Ive been making my own and some for the ladies in the fam for quite a while now. I'm impressed with it and there is a sense of satisfaction that if I can get others to appreciate it, then why couldn't I be a fashion designer one day? It's also my way of expressing my artistic talents and I will have all one of a kind pieces of jewlery.

01-12-2004
offline.

I like to make my own beaded necklaces and stuff.

02-12-2004
tea time

i love peacock feathers i made this necklace with one and u might just be able to see the bottom of the earings which are made out of the feathers too.

02-12-2004
crossed wires.

I like to make my own jewelry, one of my favorites is my lace choker with a simple flower to one side with beads at the centre....

y'alrite cowboy?

tea time

yes pet thanx u in skool coz im cumin in for 12:30 might see you then!

i love that necklace on you to pet!

02-12-2004
crossed wires.

I think i'm going home at 12.30. I tried with my peacock feather...i think i've worked it out...and found a suitable strap to put it on i was thinkin bout puttin it on a two tone ribbon but i think it looked a bit OTT, so decided to scrap that idea

tea time

good good i'l see you tomorrow then dont forget your ikea book catalogue thing! i'l see your necklace soon did you make some earings to match? and i set up a post about knitting pet i do enjoy it so! and shouldnt you be doing some work?
o and is lizzy still there if she is tell her to wait so i can get my cds bak please!

02-12-2004
Seductress in Eden

is it hard to make jewelry

02-12-2004
tea time

i dont find it hard you just really have to find somewhere that sells the components just so you can get started! like the fish hooks for earings and the hoops/rings so you can attatch things together or this can be done with wire! or you could start off with beads on abit of string it doesnt have to be complicated when you start out just find new ways to do things experiment its fun!

if you live in the uk john lewis stock things for making jewelry or fenwicks or if you can find a craft shop with some in.

i've never really used sites to help me make jewelry but im sure theres some good ones out there if you just google them!

good luck and have fun making and wearing!

02-12-2004
flaunt the imperfection

welcome aboard cowboy boots!

thanks for starting this thread and for the knitting one as well...
love your enthusiasm...

i have an idea for a charm pin...i just bought a 14K gold safety pin and i want to attach various charms and chains from my mom and my family to remember them by...

02-12-2004
tea time

that sounds like such a good idea love it.

im a makin girl and believe in sharing ideas and gettin others to enjoy it aswell!

sometimes you just cant get the things in the shops or want your own personal style thats why its best to make and customise!

its an on going project really if i have anymore bright ideas i'l post! and see if i can get some pics sorted out sometime if not i'l do me best to describe!

hope people join in and we can have a jewelry makin club instead of a book one!

mmmmmmmm......... good idea brooches havent tried that yet!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jewelry, making