How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-02-2005
rising star

Pattern making help
[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/dress%20ideas.jpg[/img]
can anyone help me find a dress or a sewing pattern [preferably a sewing pattern] similar to this dress? I like this idea for my wedding dress, which my good friend is going to sew. I of course have no money yet still covet this Chanel design…c’est la vie, non? So anything close would be much appreciated!!! Merci beaucoup in advance...

09-02-2005
rising star

HELP!!! Trouble with pasting image... it shows up before I post... tips appreciated... I'm a total Luddite, apparently, sorry...

10-02-2005
ingenue

no worries discostu. in order to attach an image, go to "manage attachments", click browse and choose the photo from whatever folder it is in. then upload and submit your reply. if that doesn't work I'm not sure what's wrong.

10-02-2005
Storm & Sommer

If you are still having problems attaching pictures from your pc try reading this thread : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ad.php?t=19543

pinterest : hanneonpin
10-02-2005
rising star

Thanks so much for the help Utopia and Hanne

Here's the picture: (I hope!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dress ideas.jpg (146.1 KB, 28 views)

10-02-2005
& b

Honestly, trying to find a pattern of that dress is going to be impossible... I have no recolection if the dress is couture or not, but if it is, you will not find patterns from this dress... it's practically fabric draped on the form, and hand sewn...

good luck anyway

Seductress in Eden

be careful... because all the designs are copyright so dont copy it 100 %

10-02-2005
rising star

Thanks for the tips Alejandro and Versace Goddess – It is couture I believe.

I ‘m not attempting to copy the dress exactly – I wouldn’t want to give my friend a nervous breakdown – so many layers!!!

I’m just looking for a pattern in the spirit of the dress. She told me if I could find a pattern with a similar bodice that would help, and she could kind of go from there.

10-02-2005
ingenue

I found this dress at vogue patterns: http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin...0003&pageNum=3

option A has a similarly shaped bodice...if your friend is skilled with draping and cutting she might be able to work from something like this.

10-02-2005
Seductress in Eden

Thats okay sweetie... it looks like its chiffon

10-02-2005
rising star

Thanks for the info everyone

Thanks for the link Utopia !!! It’s a great place to start.

Just out of curiosity how did you find that on the vogue patterns site? I did some looking myself and didn’t see it, tho could have overlooked it.

10-02-2005
ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu
Just out of curiosity how did you find that on the vogue patterns site? I did some looking myself and didn’t see it, tho could have overlooked it.
oh, well, I just went to the bridal and evening gown catagory and it was under there. there are so many dresses on that site, I can imagine it's pretty easy to miss things.

14-02-2005
V.I.P.

that dress is beautifull

14-02-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiamaria
that dress is beautifull
Isn't it dreamy? And if anyone else as any addtional pattern ideas that would be great.

also, anyone have any ideas on what shoes would look nice with it?

06-10-2005
backstage pass

Pattern making help
Hey, Im not sure where to put this but this seems like the safest place to start.

I have my own womens street fashion designs and I want to make them real. Ive been remaking clothes for a long time but that doesnt require pattern making. I tried to make a pair of pants for my first project and the seams ended up curving around the legs instead of staying straight. I don't know if there is a process/system I can use that will make things easier. Obviously I could just pull a pair apart and figure out their pattern, but I want to build these on my own. Maybe you can help. I hope

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
making, pattern