How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-11-2007
oh! darling

Sagging Your Jeans.
I have seen this plenty throughout my high school and college years.

Almost every male, whether they are wearing jeans or some type of sports bottom, will sag their pants.

Some are sagged enough to be underneath the entire butt area, and some times the pants creep down just enough to notice the boxers (or tighty whities! ) underneath.

Is this a trend? It probably is since the only time a guy's pants are all the way up is in dress attire. But what's the deal with sagging? Underwear used to be the "unmentionables" but now, they are completely on display!

Guys, help me out. Just... why?
(Don't get me wrong... I think sagging is über sexy on certain occassions, especially if you're wearing a cute pair of boxers! )

08-11-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
(Don't get me wrong... I think sagging is über sexy on certain occassions, especially if you're wearing a cute pair of boxers! )
cheers
what makes me laugh the hardest, though, are thoses new jeans with a faux-boxer band attached to the back of them...so it only looks like they're sagging...but not really

08-11-2007
fashion elite

^^ Are You Serious.

08-11-2007
fashion icon

^^omg!! hahaha that's the funniest designer deed I've heard! seriously- why? If you're going to do that, at least make them built-in boxers. what would the guy do- go commando?

and yes I agree papa_levante... a little boxers peep show can never hurt- especially if it's a hot guy who's wearing them!

08-11-2007
the crying of humanity

This will always remain one of the world's greatest mysteries.

backstage pass

I find it most amusing when their pants sag....
and the guy is wearing a belt.

Oh well. My guy doesn't even bother with a belt, and honestly, I think it's kind of hot...............................

09-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanutbutter View Post
This will always remain one of the world's greatest mysteries.
A-MEN. One time, I was getting a ride home from work and I was talking over it with one of my coworkers and she has the urge to one day, go up and give the sagging pants a swift YANK.

09-11-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimus View Post
I find it most amusing when their pants sag....
and the guy is wearing a belt.

Oh well. My guy doesn't even bother with a belt, and honestly, I think it's kind of hot...............................
i looove it too...
but i'm kind of bored everyone's seeing my bf's ***...some times it's just too much and i'm like "c'moneeee honey"
here it is for you...

my bf's underwear....
since a couple of weeks he's buying new pair of jeans not to be able to do this anymore... little boy is growing. so he bought slim jeans (but a size bigger... you understand... he doesn't want his pack to be tighten... anyway it's not skinny jeans... it's cigarett cut... so it's ok!)

09-11-2007
backstage pass

I think it is a trend... and a stupid one. I think it makes men look slobbish; as if they can't be bothered to pull their trousers up to prevent their arse from hanging out. Also makes me think of that person as a bit sad if they also have hoodies and 'bling' because (unless proven otherwise) they're most likely wannabe gangstas who've been watching too many rap videos. A lot of chavs love this look and I hate chavs, so I am probably biased.

09-11-2007
& b

dont they have to be with a full on hard on to keep those from falling?

i hate this, seriously people, pull up your pants. i could only find one situation where this could work, and still...

trendsetter

[quote=Alejandro;3742710]dont they have to be with a full on hard on to keep those from falling?
quote]

hahahaahaha
oh alejando

09-11-2007
earthbound

Errm, no thanks.

09-11-2007
oh! darling

Quote:
Are Your Jeans Sagging? Go Directly to Jail.
By NIKO KOPPEL
Published: August 30, 2007

(I took only the good parts of the article, so you all wouldn't have to read it.)

JAMARCUS MARSHALL, a 17-year-old high school sophomore in Mansfield, La., believes that no one should be able to tell him how low to wear his jeans. “It’s up to the person who’s wearing the pants,” he said.

Mr. Marshall’s sagging pants, a style popularized in the early 1990s by hip-hop artists, are becoming a criminal offense in a growing number of communities, including his own.

Starting in Louisiana, an intensifying push by lawmakers has determined pants worn low enough to expose underwear poses a threat to the public, and they have enacted indecency ordinances to stop it.

The style carries a fine of as much as $500 or up to a six-month sentence. “We used to wear long hair, but I don’t think our trends were ever as bad as sagging,” said Mayor Carol Broussard.
Article here: NY Times

oh! darling

I think I could stand the above picture, but I would never settle for this anywhere!
At least the guy above has his wife beater covering part of his ***.

nytimes.com

backstage pass

Quote:
Starting in Louisiana, an intensifying push by lawmakers has determined pants worn low enough to expose underwear poses a threat to the public, and they have enacted indecency ordinances to stop it.
There's nothing more dangerous than seeing underwear. Not even being shot in the head is as life-threatening as catching a glimpse of a teenager's tartan boxers.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jeans, sagging