How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-09-2004
V.I.P.

Wow, I am so impressed by everyone. Purple I'm convinced your going to be famous someday. Purr I don't know too much about digital artwork but I think the pics you posted look amazing and Clay I enjoyed looking at your sketches and would love to see more of your work. This makes me want to find a hobby so I can post in this thread.

22-09-2004
seagreen serenades

Talent, talent everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

22-09-2004
V.I.P.

I make a great glass of Kool-aid.

22-09-2004
Rebaptising my badness

AYLI, Purple, purreow*, Clay, great job!

Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It@Sep 21 2004, 03:14 AM

Those are incredible! I want them!

V.I.P.

purple, those are amazing!

As You Like It, Acid, Clay, everyone, brilliant work

Proponent of Plaid

Clay, I always love your illustrations! I really like the little jacket in the middle of the first set of drawings, with the diagonal bust darts and the little peplum. Super-sharp! I also really like the miniskirt/jacket outfit on the far left of the third set.

Purple--the drawing you did of your mother is haunting--it looks like she has something very big on her mind.

Purreow--Very cool indeed. You have a kind of surrealist cityscape/landscape thing going on. I really love the one with the golden background and the bright orange flowers.

Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally posted by Acid@Sep 22 2004, 07:48 AM
you cant see it so well......but i made the top im wearing in this photo
and kate also has a girls size one in the hand (bottom right) so watch out!
I can't see it

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It@Sep 22 2004, 05:42 PM
Purple--the drawing you did of your mother is haunting--it looks like she has something very big on her mind.
Probably how much time I had left. She was timing me the entire time...

I love seeing everyone's work here!

23-09-2004
backstage pass

Thanks guys.

ModelMom i love Koolaid! MM in terms of a hobbie, just play around with a few things and see what you like, Drawing, photography, even knitting. Unfortunately I usually do the stuff for a reason so not much of a hobbie, but I still enjoy it.

Asulikeit, That fabric on the wrap dress is great. It reminds of some stuff i got while in India. What Metallic thread do you use? Usually the stuff I use breaks constantly.
I love the grey Pinwale! On my list for fall purchases.

Purple, your artwork always inspires me to pick up the pastels or Conte again.

Acid i could not see yours. I feel left out...Just kidding.

Purreow- Looks great. I would love to know how you do that. Maybe you could advise some resources for this type of work. You probably have some great program i never even heard off.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by model_mom@Sep 22 2004, 05:33 PM
Wow, I am so impressed by everyone. Purple I'm convinced your going to be famous someday. Purr I don't know too much about digital artwork but I think the pics you posted look amazing and Clay I enjoyed looking at your sketches and would love to see more of your work. This makes me want to find a hobby so I can post in this thread.
[snapback]372888[/snapback]
Thanks again MM. Ok so check my portfolio online at
Styleportfolios.com/clay

Enjoy.

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It@Sep 22 2004, 06:42 PM
Purreow--Very cool indeed. You have a kind of surrealist cityscape/landscape thing going on. I really love the one with the golden background and the bright orange flowers.
[snapback]372903[/snapback]

Thank you, Asyoulikeit! Ever thought about incorporating graphic design into any of your fashions? Could be interesting.

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by clay@Sep 23 2004, 01:14 PM
Purreow- Looks great. I would love to know how you do that. Maybe you could advise some resources for this type of work. You probably have some great program i never even heard off.
[snapback]373659[/snapback]
Thanks, Clay! I really like those jacket styles, btw. Especially the white one on the last illustration. Great job!!

I do a lot of graphic design, but I get bored with corporate work, so I do the digital art as something purely creative. Usually start out by taking digital photos (flowers, buildings, anything), and then use photoshop and illustrator to turn them into surreal environments. The first image is actually the ceiling of a walkway between two buildings with the image flipped upside down and used a model (she's actually walking on the ceiling) to turn the whole scene into a catwalk.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by purreow*@Sep 23 2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks, Clay! I really like those jacket styles, btw. Especially the white one on the last illustration. Great job!!

I do a lot of graphic design, but I get bored with corporate work, so I do the digital art as something purely creative. Usually start out by taking digital photos (flowers, buildings, anything), and then use photoshop and illustrator to turn them into surreal environments. The first image is actually the ceiling of a walkway between two buildings with the image flipped upside down and used a model (she's actually walking on the ceiling) to turn the whole scene into a catwalk.
[snapback]373733[/snapback]
Thanks, I am glad you like the work. That kind of stuff is solely to get a gig and show what i can do in that arena. It is not my love though. I am going thru major changes, partly due to this forum, and being exposed to more fashion than I probably ever have and having time to
really think about creativity and workmanship.

OK I have both those programs. I'll start playing around and see what happens. If I have questions I will PM you. Thanks!!!

Proponent of Plaid

Clay--I use Coates & Clark metallics, but I pair it up with a normal mercerized thread. My machine has two spindles for thread, and you can either run dual needles or run both threads through the same needle, which is what I did. I find that if I use metallic thread on its own, it tends to break or knot.

It is more delicate than normal thread, and even with the dual thread technique it sometimes snags or breaks, but it works way better than trying to use it solely.

Also, I use a needle designed specifically for topstitching. It has a larger eye, as it is designed for the thick, goldenrod-colored bluejeans-topstitching thread.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lookbook