How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-06-2005
elementary.

me too boots !
need to be productive & useful this summer !

23-06-2005
tea time

we'll have to get productive then post them on here

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

23-06-2005
tea time

they dont have a kinkos in newcaslte

i wonder if i could find another similar place that would do the service for me

23-06-2005
ingenue

thank you francesca, charlotte and cowboyboots

I've got a bit of free time these days (unfortunately), so I've got a couple of other projects going. I'll post pics sometimes when they're done.

23-06-2005
tea time

cant wait to see them utopia

as i have said times before i need to get motivated into making!

28-06-2005
retro queen

Same here. I look forward to seeing your projects utopia (and everyone else's). I need some inspiration to do some sewing from scratch. All I seem to do lately is alterations.

28-06-2005
about to fall or fly

i just finished a skirt i made for my 7 year old neice! it's my first sewing project, sewn in its entirety, from a pattern that i actually followed, so by my own admission it's not very good, but i made it! and she's 7, she'll never notice

i'll post a picture later, i don't have a camera in front of me right now. in our class, my friend melissa and i (who also made a skirt for her neice) wanted to see our finished products on an actual child, but didn't want to seem creepy just going to find one. but right at that moment, a group of kids came into the next room to work on crafts, so we went and recruited a couple of aspiring models to try on our skirts! they looked sooooo cute, and we got to see what they actually looked like on a kid, so we felt really good about that. they actually look OK!

i promise i'll post a picture soon!

28-06-2005
front row

It would be lovely to sew, but I'm not good at it..at all!Everytime I try I just go nuts..
I'm good at shopping though..So I think I will stick to that!

28-06-2005
ingenue

well done francesca! can't wait to see a pic of the skirt

28-06-2005
trendsetter

on thursday I'm going to sew a skirt for myself for the very first time, it seems so simple but I'm sure when I get started I'll notice it isn't so very, my mom is a dressmaker so atleast if I get stuck I'll have her. anyhow, I'm looking forward to showing off and being all proud when I get it done.

28-06-2005
ingenue

^ very exciting elli - what type of a skirt is it? skirts are usually not too scary for first-timers - and if you do make mistakes, you can count if off as artistic license. let us know how it goes

28-06-2005
tea time

i made a lovely grey top today but i cant share it at the moment as the battery on my camera is dead

but i promise to post it as soon as i can

30-06-2005
about to fall or fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by .francesca
i just finished a skirt i made for my 7 year old neice! it's my first sewing project, sewn in its entirety, from a pattern that i actually followed, so by my own admission it's not very good, but i made it! and she's 7, she'll never notice

i'll post a picture later, i don't have a camera in front of me right now. in our class, my friend melissa and i (who also made a skirt for her neice) wanted to see our finished products on an actual child, but didn't want to seem creepy just going to find one. but right at that moment, a group of kids came into the next room to work on crafts, so we went and recruited a couple of aspiring models to try on our skirts! they looked sooooo cute, and we got to see what they actually looked like on a kid, so we felt really good about that. they actually look OK!

i promise i'll post a picture soon!

and here it is!

Last edited by .francesca; 10-12-2005 at 10:54 PM.

30-06-2005
spoilt victorian child

^ Well done, francesca. Did your niece like it?

30-06-2005
about to fall or fly

i haven't sent it to her yet..she's in florida and i'm up here in canada...so it'll be a while i reckon before i hear anything, but of course i'll let you know!

thanks!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
sewing