How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-02-2006
fashion insider

I join this week

"London" is a great theme, though i had a hard time to come up with any great ideas...

I found my insp in Paddington the Bear and even named the outfit for "Please look after me" (after Paddingtons cute note :p )

(tvacres.com)

The boots are rubber boots (for all those rainy days in London) with rounded toes and about four inches heels...
The coats buttons are (unlike Paddingtons) almost invisable and covered with the same fabric as the whole coat, wich are 100% wool. So this is kind of a warn outfit for the fall... the felthat has a black leatherribbon around it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paddingtoncaot.jpg (376.9 KB, 34 views)

17-02-2006
V.I.P.

^ so cute

heres mine, i just did it out of my mind using pen, luckily i didnt do any mistakes.... well i did make a few one of them was the colours...

anyway, white jacket with layers of green/blue on the top and sleeves, aswell as the skirt, and green leggins, and tie up boots
Attached Images
File Type: png TFSPR.PNG (302.2 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by Ceptuouse; 17-02-2006 at 01:04 PM.

17-02-2006
Eat me, drink me

Very cool, JR!

17-02-2006
windowshopping

Okay Im going to post mine in like 5 minutes....I just have to color it. Don't end the challengejsut yet...please?

17-02-2006
windowshopping

Ugh. I really hate this design. But I'll submit it anyway.
Its a jacket with puffed sleeves that is fitted in the body then kind of flairs out at the bottom. The top is a long silk tank top. The pants are Gauchos. And the shoes paired with the outfit are seude wedge boots.
Fashionspotchallenge.png

Last edited by Runway Scene; 17-02-2006 at 07:19 PM.

18-02-2006
fashion icon

all you guy's are looking good..XD
cant wait to "mark" them tomorrow..=)
im gonna pass this week...since im so tied up with drawing lolita stuff i cant think of any other to draw

18-02-2006
Fat Karl

Sorry to join in a little late...is that OK? Anyway....if it's not, just ignore my design....

So, as far as the london theme goes, I was mainly inspired by Queen Victoria. I basically took her signature black taffeta with lace and the sash across the chest look and updated it into a borderline haute couture evening gown.

Sorry the image is so big...if someone can tell me how to shrink it or resize it, I'd appreciate it!

19-02-2006
backstage pass

I thought I might of run out of time for this week's challenge but it looks like I can slip in under the wire:p

My inspiration was that most London of subcultures - punk - and that most London of supermodels - Kate Moss! It's a cropped, waist-length bomber jacket with a detailed, dramatic collar and high-waisted shorts ensemble in oversized tartan, featuring much beaten black leather straps. The shorts feature pleated sides like a kilt, with straps that can hold the pleats close to the body if desired. Worn with an old ripped see-through t-shirt.

19-02-2006
fashion icon

review and judgement time! sorry i cant give in depth review..u_u''..im kinda busy around this time..so here i go

Hana_N
i love how you combined different time periods of england into one outfit that doesnt look ridiculous at all!! the thigh high leaher boots definetly gave an edge to the outfit...contrasting with the girl white lace lining. wonderful job! could tell more about what kind of fabric the black dress is =D

perfect 10
what a cute outfit for those rainy days! XD i thought your inspiration (paddington the bear) is awsome! brings back the playfullness. but i think you took too much of the bear's outfit instead of expressing a new concept. great info on the material use!

JR1
fabulous outfit for a daring girl! XD really love it! it is very london today! the colors worked wonderfully and the outfit looks pull togetther. definetly a london fashion week hit! add some accessories and it will look even better!

runway _scene
very chic and simple! the colors you choose look wonderful, brown and pink is always a hit! good details you gave on the pieces. i feel this is more american sports wear chic than london chic! i can totally see it rocking down the NY streets.

diorcouture1245
welcome! im new too..XD
i love how you used a queen as inspiration..XD definetly very england. the dress is so clean and simple it really does look like something queen victoria would wear but with a modern twist to it. the sash adds a nice detail touch to the dress! good job!

finalfashion
i love punk! XD awsome detailing on the fabric! love how you combined a kilt with shorts...awsome idea for those who are afraid of exposure XD! the belts and high collar gave a super edge to the outfit..can i say rebel? i can totally imagine my self in that..XD

so...drum rolls please
next week's topic host will be..JR1 XD yay!! very original modern london design! awsome job~

19-02-2006
windowshopping

Wooo. Congrats JR1.

19-02-2006
scenester

omg i am soo in love this idea......i know its kinda late but can I still join in?

20-02-2006
front row

You can post your sketch when JR1 decides the theme, pg graffitti

20-02-2006
backstage pass

Thanks for reviews and congrats JR1.

20-02-2006
backstage pass

Congratulations JR1! And thanks for the reviews muxu =)

Last edited by finalfashion; 20-02-2006 at 05:43 AM.

20-02-2006
fashion insider

Great reviews muxu!!!! and congrats JR1 Hurry up to pick a theme so we can start working!!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, project, runway, thefashionspot