How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-02-2006
fashion elite

Done! here's my entry:

Last edited by Hye Park Lover; 03-02-2006 at 02:04 PM.

03-02-2006
V.I.P.

Hye Park Lover, I LOVE your entry, I was wondering if someone would do something from 1900's onwards, and yours is so cool, and I love the writing on the sides, You have nice writing too...I always want to have that style (especially for a diary) but I never like mine...

03-02-2006
backstage pass

that rules, Hye Park Lover!!

03-02-2006
fashion elite

hehehe, thankyou you guys (p.s. thanks for the compliment on the writing JR1!)

03-02-2006
Cinematic Vision

Just thought I would check out this thread, and I have to say great idea's JR1 and Cosette
I'm glad I haven't got the difficult decision to judge

03-02-2006
Ítre ton cygne noir

Well, I have mine done and actually sitting right in front of me, but I have no batteries for my camera, and no time to go out and get some and come back, so, I'll do the reviews and perhaps most my design later on! If anyone's interested... I took inspiration from 18th c. Europe as well as the mod 1960's... I couldn't stick to one.

JR1, I don't think I even needed to read the description to know your inspiration... It's evident, and yet you personalized it in a way. The colours and the [very well done] textures/shading are so well taken from that time of richness and extravagance, but at the same time when I look at your design the word futuristic comes to mind as well... Amazing how you pulled off a sense of two extremes... And ah! Your description of the fabrics makes me want to see it in person! This is timeless.

Sieryiu, the first things that struck me were the soft, dreamy colours. Your design is very feminine and beautiful, and I thought of a fairy-tale princess when I saw it... That said, you've a very good drawer when it comes to small details and layering... I especially like the pattern in the corset? and sleeves. As I was scrolling down your post though, I was hoping I'd come to a bit where you'd mention what fabrics you'd have used... just to give it more of a 3D picture in my head of the real thing... just a suggestion for next time, perhaps

poesy, Marie Antoinette! Aaah... this is wonderful. I knew it right away from the model's hair This is another instance where I think you so well took inspiration and made it your own... the bright blues and oranges are so vibrant. Again, I can't help but wonder what fabrics you'd want to use!

Hana N, your style of sketching is awesome. I love the model's pose as it so well reflects what she's wearing; very elegant, classy, sophisticated... and yet still very simple. You're communicating an idea so wonderfully here without overdoing it...

Hye Park Lover, wow So that was definitely worth the wait. I love the attitude in this design - it comes through in the colours you chose, the pose, the hair... Your bits of writing were fun to read, and gave the look even more life... Fantastic job

final fashion, you have such a distinct style... and you succeeded the most evidently in taking inspiration, making it your own, and making it appeal to a modern day audience... I mean, I want to wear this! I have such a clear picture of it in my head too, thanks to your written details on the side... ah, so well done... which is why I've picked you as the winner! Can't wait to find out the next theme...

03-02-2006
backstage pass

Oh Cosette thank you

Now I have to come up with a good theme... hm...

03-02-2006
backstage pass

Okay, here goes:

as you all know the Oscars are coming up.

Your assignment is to choose a Best Actress Nominee and dress her for her big night. Be sure to give us a brief explanation of why you chose to design what you did!

And the nominees are...

Judi Dench
Felicity Huffman
Keira Knightley
Charlize Theron
Reese Witherspoon

More info here: http://www.oscar.com/nominees/bestactresscategory.html

The winner will be chosen on the basis of the appropriateness for the actress chosen as well as the success of the design.

03-02-2006
V.I.P.

Cosette, beautiful reviews...
Congrats finalfashion And I LOVE your new task
I think I may do Charlize Theron...

03-02-2006
Ítre ton cygne noir

Thank you for coming up with such a wonderful idea, JR1
Oh I'm excited for this next theme

03-02-2006
fashion elite

Is it squabble time where everyone scrabbles for the best nominee or does it not matter if one nominee is dressed twice? Also, does one person have to (virtually) pack their bags and leave the game like they do in the real Project runway?

Last edited by Hye Park Lover; 03-02-2006 at 04:50 PM.

03-02-2006
backstage pass

No, you can choose whichever nominee you like! It's okay if the same nominee gets picked twice, or not at all.

No-one gets kicked off, at the fashion spot everyone is welcome to play!

03-02-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosette
Hye Park Lover, wow So that was definitely worth the wait. I love the attitude in this design - it comes through in the colours you chose, the pose, the hair... Your bits of writing were fun to read, and gave the look even more life... Fantastic job
Thankyou To be honest, I thought the pose of my person didn't convey enough of that ghetto fabulous attitude that I wanted to channel across, perhaps because she wasn't leaning on one leg enough, but I couldn't change it much as I'd got too excited and drawn the clothes on before I'd done the actual model so I didn't want to disturb the clothes The scanner also took out some of the depth of the drawer which I couldn't replace in Photoshop, but thankyou very very much my sweet sweet blueberry muffin for the lovely compliments

03-02-2006
fashion elite

Oh yeah also, when's the deadline?

03-02-2006
V.I.P.

I have so many ideas, I want to use lots of bows....

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, project, runway, thefashionspot