theFashionSpot's project runway game - Page 50 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
09-01-2007
backstage pass

Dbear1000:
I really like the way you modernized the idea from your culture, without being obnoxious about it. The cut and colour are quite nice, and I love the buckle on the sash, and the hat is very cute.
The big problem I have with your garment, however, is that as soon as I saw it, I thought “McQueen”.

Taz: (the first image showed up after all - I think my computer was just being stupid. Sorry about that!)
I love your innovation on this dress. You took something that is traditionally worn by men, and made it very beautiful for a woman to wear. That is always a big plus in my book. I like the idea of individual laces being used, rather than a single sheet of fabric. The laces give it just enough of a modern touch.
I am sad to see that you did not incorporate more colour, pattern, or texture into the dress. I looked up Arabian clothing, and it has so much texture and life to it, and this dress is rather plain compared to that.

ilaughead:
This is a wonderful representation of the old Revolutionary uniforms. I especially like the button detailing down the front. All in all, it looks young, hip, and wearable.
My only concern is that the styling of the dress, and then done it white and navy would make it look very “Sailor Moon-ish”.

So, in was a small selection this time, but that’s probably good, since I’m always lousy at making choices anyway. I’ve studied each drawing very carefully, and looked up the traditional dress from their respective cultures, and have finally made a choice.
Congratulations to……

*drum roll*

ilaughead

I thought your garment best represented the culture, and it fits well with today’s current trends.
Nice work, all of you!

09-01-2007
V.I.P.

Thanks for the reviews Ibimus! I just have one question, is there something wrong with it looking like a McQueen? Not that it was intentional.

09-01-2007
backstage pass

dbear1000, I guess I should've been more specific with that comment.
Looking like a McQueen is not nesscessarily a problem, but I found it difficult to look past that, and see the the Dbear1000 design. It just acted as a little mental block, and that's all I could really think about.

if that makes any sense...it did in my mind, anyway. :p

09-01-2007
V.I.P.

^ Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks for the explaination. Oh and congrats ILaughead!

09-01-2007
V.I.P.

Oooh! Thanks, Ibimus! How exciting! I don't really know what the next theme should be, so can I just post it tomorrow?

09-01-2007
taz
MUSE

congrats ILaughead .

[QUOTE]I am sad to see that you did not incorporate more colour, pattern, or texture into the dress. I looked up Arabian clothing, and it has so much texture and life to it, and this dress is rather plain compared to that.[/QUOTE]
well, Arabian clothes are simplein the desert & complicated in the urban cities.
well you can check the Touareg who are nomads lives in the Sahara, thier men costume is simple & famous for its cobalt blue massive turban & caftan.. so I thought about turning it into ' a red carpet evening gown' ....I thought that the complexion of the turban waves on the shoulders would be more than enough for now days..
that explain the simplicity of my dress..

09-01-2007
V.I.P.

^Yes, you can. Congrats again.

10-01-2007
backstage pass

Well, thanks for the explanation Taz, but I'm only able to judge on what I know beforehand.

No hard feelings between anyone, I hope?

ilaughead, I think everyone is the past waited until the next day too. I'm not really sure though........
Whatever you do is fine!

10-01-2007
V.I.P.

Okay, the next challenge is inspired by music. Create an ensemble inspired by any one song. In your submission, explain how the look and the song relate.

Have fun!

10-01-2007
backstage pass

Oh Lordy, this is the one for me. I shall be back!

10-01-2007
V.I.P.

What a challenge! So the deadline is next wednesday?

10-01-2007
V.I.P.

Oh, whoops, forgot a deadline! How about next Saturday (the twentieth)? I want to make sure people have enough time.

11-01-2007
backstage pass

Saturday...w00t! I will have something up soon (I hope.).

20-01-2007
V.I.P.

So...uh...is anyone going to play this time? I'm thinking I should extend the deadline?

20-01-2007
V.I.P.

Oh Gosh. I remembered like 2 days ago about this, and then I forgot again. It's a hard theme. I would extend the deadline. SORRY!!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, project, runway, thefashionspot