How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-02-2007
DΤMMkammern

do you want me to extend the deadline dbear1000? PM me if you want...

the winner will be announced tomorrow around midnight (CET) so you people still have time!

quite interesting entries so far...

19-02-2007
V.I.P.

Sorry I didnt do one today as I said I would, I will really try and do one tomorrow though

19-02-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjacapella
do you want me to extend the deadline dbear1000? PM me if you want...

the winner will be announced tomorrow around midnight (CET) so you people still have time!

quite interesting entries so far...
No don't extend it for me. I will try to get one done tonight, but I don't want people to wait for me if I don't get it done. Thanks though.

19-02-2007
V.I.P.

Ok I actually managed to get one done tonight.

I will post it soon.

19-02-2007
V.I.P.

I was very dissapointed by Chanel this season. I normally love Chanel. I love the very clean lines and suits. But this season there were those obnoxious feathers, and I thought some of the outfits looked a little 80'sish and not in a good way.

So I took what I liked about the collection, the suit.

And I took the texture.

I incorperated my least favorite part, the feathers.

And made them red because that was the only color I really noticed in the collection.

Since I thought the feathers were very overbearing, I just made a hint of them. I had to keep reminding myself that this is couture and wouldn't normally be worn in real life.

It all came out to this.

style.com

20-02-2007
V.I.P.

^ Amazing

20-02-2007
V.I.P.

Thanks.

20-02-2007
V.I.P.

Im afraid I dont think I will have time to do one for this round

20-02-2007
backstage pass

hey. i just found this thread, and was looking through it. you guys are all so talented and amazing, it was great just to flip through the online pages here and see your sketches. this is such a great thread and i see so much creativity! i loooove it!
i just had to say you guys are all so talented and keep sketching those great designs, they are really inspirational!
-huggles-

20-02-2007
front row

LOVE IT!! I'm IN!

I hope it's not overkill but I when I was looking through the CTR shows..I had some ideas already for Chanel

Uh-oh..I hope I make the deadline, if there is no time left, by no means liet me hold the deadline back I'll just wait for the next one..

Last edited by Khoipond89; 20-02-2007 at 03:11 PM.

20-02-2007
front row

Kayy...I had an hour and this is what it came out to..
I was quite fond of the Color scheme for the show so I kept that..but I kinda wanted it to come out more so I added a print and wanted a little more focus on accessories like the belt..

hope you like it..

20-02-2007
DΤMMkammern

GREAT ENTRIES EVERYBODY!! Lots of surprises! It surprised me how I came up with the idea (probably because I realized people were a little disappointed this couture season), it surprised me how well everybody understood the idea I was trying to tell you about (my limited English didn’t make that an easy task) it surprised me so many people didn’t like chanel ( sorry Kaiser K.)… you'll soon know about the winner but first... the reviews!!

Babyladybones: I love what you did to that dress and how you added so many little details from the original collection (hair, etc). At first I thought chiffon would be too erotic/sexy for such a graphic, sculptural collection… however I then thought how delicate would that actually look and I loved the idea. Maybe the look just needed a little more shape, or waves or extravagant cut so as not to make it stand out too much in such a Galliano collection. You presented your work beautifully and I appreciate that… I could almost feel all the different chiffon layers and see how the different notes of color blended just by your descriptions!!

Ilauhead: I would never had thought of putting those vertical bars together with a short suit! The result… AMAZING! As far as the neckline you chose is not my favorite I think it really worked well. The highlight imho was the feather skirt. I first thought there were too many elements of the show in only one look, but the way it balanced the look with a little volume was fantastic. Everything else in your drawing was of course coherent from the mittens to the shoes, necklace or earrings! (I cant help emphasising more and more how good the vertical bars looked )

Dbear1000: very coherent and very good explanation too! You showed us every detail to prove why that look could be part of the collection, which was something I was really looking for. It very well synthesized a big part of the collection, well enough to be unnoticed an yet to stand out!! I don’t know if it was intentionally but I liked how you used the black tights on the sleeves too!

Khoipond89: Very very very elegant, daring, classy, very chanel!! Proportion is accurate (short sleeves, short hair, short skirt, big jewels) and the skirt pattern is beautiful! I’m in love with the tone of blue you used! However, it looks a bit too rough and puffy so I think it would stand out too much in the collection. As this is how normally karl works, I would say this would very well work for a “next collection” since he is in a constant change of rough-delicate, straight-curvy, harsh-fragile, etc,etc. The way how you constructed the belt is really interesting because it defines the waist but it also enhances the hips and chest of the model by the way it curves on the bottom and opens at the top.

VERY GOOD WORK EVERYBODY!!! Now the time has come to make a decision and I really want to share how hard this is… the challenge I chose required many things to have in mind (coherence, you had to dislike the collection you were working on, the work had to be accurately described) so I had to keep them all now to chose the winner…

…… …… ………………..
…… …… ………………..
…… …… …..
……………… …..
……………… …..
…… …… …..
…… …… ………………..
…… …… ………………..

……………… ………………..
……………… …………………
…… …… …...
…… .….. ..….
…… …… …..
…… …… …..
……………… …..
………….…… ……

the winner is Dbear1000!!!!!!

I love how you used red feathers, and I love it even more now that I know it was something you didn’t like. Even though you didn’t like them you still used them and that’s what the challenge was also about: you didn’t just worked with the things you enjoyed, but you emphasised the ones you didn’t. great job!

20-02-2007
V.I.P.

Congrats Dbear1000! I'm glad you chose to play!

Now you have to make a challenge half as fun as Borjacapella's!

20-02-2007
front row

good job!

20-02-2007
front row

i'm really looking forward to the next one. make it a great topic! i think it's a really good way to get me to do things i wouldn't normally do b/c my head only thinks certain ways.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, project, runway, thefashionspot