How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-01-2008
fashion insider

I think its ok if you wanted to recall something on your desing, its a really nice Dress BTW I love the fact of the poppy seeds in the chest its amazinggggg!!!
but hey people post your sketches we are just three in the competition!!! lets make it more competitive!!

12-01-2008
scenester

Thank you, Aaron95!

And just a reminder to everyone interested in this round, you've not long left to get your entries up! So, come on people, let's get this thing going!

12-01-2008
fashion insider

YESS please post more sketches!! its gonna be more entretaining

13-01-2008
fashion insider

Great entries, everyone

Hope we see some more posts before the juding tonight!

13-01-2008
front row

Wow! I want to play in this!

13-01-2008
fashion insider

you should its really nice hahaha, you should participŗte in this one make a dress inspired by any flower and great that you like heather hahahahha and chad white!

13-01-2008
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by deflyricist2006 View Post
Wow! I want to play in this!
I judging today, or in a few minutes, but we soon are going to start a new round, enter then!

13-01-2008
fashion insider

Judgement day...!!!

thwick I really adore this dress! I would love to see in in action, I can imagine how the dress floths and follows the body. as I said before, I love the beeding idea, It's such a beutiful detail that really tells us wich flower you used as inspiration!

borjacapella I didn't know this flower was named camellia rosť (but I'm not so good at flowers at all).
this dress feels really powerful but stills romantic, maybe because of it shorter front that shows us the legs? The lining really feels like the camelias petals. nice work!

aaron95 carnation is one of my favorite flowers! I adore the mix of green and pink, I wish we saw more of that in fashion (and I am not daring enough to wear so many colours ). I remember that carrie (in sex and the city) wore green/pink in a early episode, It was really cool... never mind...back to your dress!
It's great that you turned the flower upside down, and even find a intresting way of including the roots. This dress is so Barbie!!

and....

....the

winner....

...is

~thwick~

13-01-2008
fashion insider

thwick, Congratualations!!! can wait for the next theme!!

14-01-2008
scenester

Thank you very much, Perfect10! And Aaron95!

Right, for my challenge, the inspiration will be... Fabric and Pattern! I want you to choose a patterned fabric (tartan, leopard, stripes etc..., no solids! Find a swatch online if you can, or create your own) of a certain type (silk, wool, etc) and design an outfit best fitted to the fabric type but inspired in design by the pattern! So, perhaps you choose a wool leopard print, maybe a winter coat and inspired by what leopard print visually inspires to you! I want pattern overkill, people! You can choose more than one material/pattern for your outfits, so it's not neccessarily all leopard print wool! I hope you understand my idea... any questions, just ask!

The deadline will be... how long did we have last time? Two weeks? Sunday, 28 January 2008. If that's too long or too short a time period, do let me know and it can be changed!

Last edited by thwick; 14-01-2008 at 05:50 AM.

14-01-2008
fashion insider

OMG thats amazinggggg!! im so in love with animal print righ now specially with zebra! hahahha thats awesomeeee!! really nice challenge, hope more people participate in this one!!

15-01-2008
front row

Cool! That is an interesting round! I am going to get started!

17-01-2008
scenester

I can't wait to see all your work, and I really hope we get a few more people in this round!

18-01-2008
fashion insider

whats going on?!?! people submit your designs!! I already finished mine! hahahahha Im about to post it just trying to scan it hahaha

18-01-2008
fashion insider

ok so here is my entry!

so the description, the fabric of the coat is gabardine, and the patern is Zebra print! which I totally love right now! hahahahah its a trench coat with a big white belt in and in the part of the shoulders and chest is black fur, (it can be fake fur) and it has the hood which has fur again in the middle and that is suppoesed to be the hair that zebra's have in the back you know,under there you have a really simple little black dress, I also made some accesories, like the heels and the oversizebag, its a really wild outfit hahahah but I think it fits the theme!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, project, runway, thefashionspot