How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-02-2008
front row

this is me subscribing to this thread because i want to take part in the next challenge

05-02-2008
scenester

new theme~ new theme~ =D

05-02-2008
fashion insider

hey wheres the new theme?!?!?

06-02-2008
fashion insider

can someone else come up with a new theme and do the juding? we can make it a quick game, for only a week or so... just so we can start playing again?

06-02-2008
DŌMMkammern

CAN I BRING THE NEW THEME? maybe you'll like it... (or i hope so)

06-02-2008
fashion insider

of course you can! Or, its ok with me!
Will you do the juding as well??

06-02-2008
DŌMMkammern

sure thing! i'll do the judgment ONE WEEK after (at least) TWO ENTRIES ARE POSTED.

INTRODUCTION: As we know, fashion is all about evolution. Lagerfeld compares it to Kafka's metamorphose, Ghesquiere uses original fabrics from the Cristobal Balenciaga era, we see more and more vintage on the red carpets... So there is a juxtaposition between the new, trendy, ever-changing, and the classic, iconic, timeless. You must evolve, but you cant forget about your past, what you've done, where you come from...

THE CHALLENGE IS: to take this old (classic) Burberry('s) trench coat and retransform it into something NEW!

THINGS TO HAVE IN MIND: the main fabric/material you will use has to be from the trench coat. You have only ONE coat, so you wont be able to make something too big out of it. You dont have to use all the fabric, so if you think that the evolution is all about turning this trench into a tiny headband, you are entitled to do so.

I dont wanna give you too many hints about what this could be transformed into... i have A LOT of things in mind, so please be creative and the effort will be rewarded. think of ANY piece of garment.

Last but not least: it is important that we can see that the similarity is not just a matter of colour. think of what elements will you add (buttons, stripes, you can also use the inside (which, i can tell you, is of course checkered)

and that is it!! i hope you'll like the challenge! (if you have another one in mind, please tell us and we can always leave this to another occasion)

DEFLYRICIST2006 --> we owe you one challenge!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trench.jpg (22.7 KB, 14 views)

06-02-2008
fashion insider

wow! this is what I call a challenge! great idea borjacapella! thx for the theme

06-02-2008
scenester

Ooh I quite like the sound of this round, hopefully I have the time this week as I've already got an idea in mind!

06-02-2008
fashion insider

omg this sounds like a great challenge!! I cant wait to make my entry but I didnt understando something hahaha, like imagine we have the trench in our hands, we cut it all and make something different?? lke different clothing or just renew the coat?? hahha

06-02-2008
front row

thanks for the theme
i was waiting...until i got somehow bored :p

07-02-2008
DŌMMkammern

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron95 View Post
imagine we have the trench in our hands, we cut it all and make something different?? lke different clothing or just renew the coat?? hahha
you can do whatever you want. although making a coat out of a coat wouldnt seem that much of a challenge, no?:p:p

remember the trench is just the MAIN fabric. so "cut it all" and make something different!! see what you can come up with!

(i'm glad you all liked the challenge!)

07-02-2008
V.I.P.

i don't have any color pens at home, am i still allowed to enter?

07-02-2008
DŌMMkammern

of course! jsut pencil-sketch it! or ink, or paint, or computer... use whatever you want Black&White is ok, if you dont have colours

07-02-2008
fashion insider

I realised to late that I must have used too much fabric than allowed... lets say I used a large-sized trench and made an outfit in... size zero :p
I will probably redo this later, maybe skip the bag or just shorten the legs on the pants...

I'm not so pleased with this one, anyway... the only thing I really do like is the headband (and I'm going to make one for myself).

At the mo, I'm really tired, and I will probably describe this outfit more detailed tomorrow (if I dont redo it)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (346.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (326.3 KB, 6 views)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, project, runway, thefashionspot