How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-12-2005
V.I.P.

^ wow thats brilliant thankyou very much!!

04-01-2006
dream a little dream...

okay, so now that i've found this..i have a question.
I want to make fun little collages for the express youself, don't repress yourself thread...and I'm not interested in making layers(?) or see through things or the high tech stuff just yet, but I still want to be able to make quasi simple ones.
I'm not even sure which photo shop version I have, but all I know how to do collage wise is open the picture I want to use, and with the little lasso icon, I can cut out the shape that I want. thats it
From there, how do I move it around, paste it on another document in its' full size, put it over in the corner or keep it in the middle.
The only a little more complicated thing i;d like to be able to know how to do is cut off edges. Instead of having a collage with squares layered over squares, I;d like to make the sides round and more defined, so I'm not covering so much up with random excessive edges.

This may take forever to respond to, it seems so complicated, but whenever anyone gets back is great!

More Old Skool Than You

I'll get to it. I've been painting and drinking today...

The first thing I want you to do is to go to the Help menu. From there go to About Photoshop. It will say what version you have.

dream a little dream...

front row

Bump to Yogin's question I am an absolute novice to Photoshop (just got the software a day ago) and wanted to make a collage. I scanned each of my drawings, and on each individual one I used the "background eraser 30 pixles" (which I found on the drop down menu for paintbrush options) to make everything clear around the images. Then I arranged them onto a new document. I toatlly did this by trial and error though and I assume there may be an easier way? I appreciate any help!!

here's waht I did, it's my Charles Anastase inspired sewing girl thing...

rising star

criticsdarling! Lucky you, there are easy ways to do it, it really depends on what kind of image your working on,

For more geometric cut out, use Cropping tool (the one under the lasso tool, or third one from left side on the dropdown menu)

More organic one use lasso tools, there are three different lassos, choose the one that most desire to frame around your images, than you can wither crop out that image, copy and paste or transfer by holding down the Move and drag it over to the college you are working on.

Sometimes Clipping Mask also works fine

If you have any question about the functions, I can post more detail steps.

05-01-2006
dream a little dream...

when i open photoshop, how do i get a blank thing to start on..to paste images on

offline.

Wow.. fourbolt.. it's so awesome that you've helped so much already. I know photoshop, but I have no idea how to explain anything to anyone else.

Karma for you!

05-01-2006
offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogini108
when i open photoshop, how do i get a blank thing to start on..to paste images on
File > New File ?

05-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogini108
okay, so now that i've found this..i have a question.
I want to make fun little collages for the express youself, don't repress yourself thread...and I'm not interested in making layers(?) or see through things or the high tech stuff just yet, but I still want to be able to make quasi simple ones.
I'm not even sure which photo shop version I have, but all I know how to do collage wise is open the picture I want to use, and with the little lasso icon, I can cut out the shape that I want. thats it
From there, how do I move it around, paste it on another document in its' full size, put it over in the corner or keep it in the middle.
The only a little more complicated thing i;d like to be able to know how to do is cut off edges. Instead of having a collage with squares layered over squares, I;d like to make the sides round and more defined, so I'm not covering so much up with random excessive edges.

This may take forever to respond to, it seems so complicated, but whenever anyone gets back is great!
To paste the image to another file with its full size:
1. Open both files that you are working on, the one you are cutting out and the one you are going to paste your work, make sure both window is visible to you.
2. With the image you want to cut out still selected, click the Moving Tool on drop down menu, than click and hold down the mouse on the image you selected, than just drag over to the file you wan to paste on.
3. I believe that’s the laziest way to do it. Or if you want to go more “formal” way, you can Import or Place the image.

Move around the image on new file:
I didn’t get your question, you can just select the image you want to move with Move Tool and move it around don’t you?

Cropping:
1. Beside just clicking Crop Tool, what you can do is set the stroke and fill to none
2. Than using circle, oval what ever shape that work best for you, or even define the area by using Lasso Tools
3. With the area still selected, crop it, or drag it over to new file

I am using MacOSX with SC2, so I don’t know if it works the same on PC.

05-01-2006
dream a little dream...

i think im yet to discover the move tool and the drop down menu

front row

Thank you cypresses!!

V.I.P.

could someone tell me how you can make a photo, from a digital camera whatever look more like its been grapically drawn on the computer? Its the photoshopped look I want, is there any tool that can make everything look more smooth?

03-02-2006
More Old Skool Than You

Post an example of the look you want.

V.I.P.

sorry about the wait, i went on dior.com to find a picture and somehow ended up watching the video anyway, this is what i mean, kind of a smooth looking picture...but obviously photoshopped
Attached Images
File Type: png Nude.PNG (455.9 KB, 12 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
advice, fashion, illustrations, photoshop, tips