How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Personal Style / Workshop - DIY - Do it yourself
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-10-2006
fashion icon

LOVE that one!! Gorgeous

04-12-2006
V.I.P.

i need help, i was just doing something on photoshop and i pressed something which made the image kind of mix with the one behind, i dont know what the correct wording would be, but this picture had a white background, but didnt copy as a block...

what did i press to do that? :p

04-12-2006
More Old Skool Than You

Look on your 'Layers' palette. Right below where it says layers you may have clicked on that box that scrolls down. It should say normal, unless you changed it. OR it could be your 'Opacity' or 'Fill' levels.

V.I.P.

merci

05-06-2007
front row

I've saved this thread under my favorites, it has been so helpful. I have a question too. How can I group pictures together into one jpeg like this, with a grid design? Is this something I do in photoshop, or is there an easier way? (pic from stylemepretty)

07-06-2007
V.I.P.

yeah, you can do it in Photoshop or any image editing program
Just make a big canvas, and paste all the images you want on there.
Then delete the excess canvas... It will be up to you to size the images correctly, so that they become 'grid-like'

07-06-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
... It will be up to you to size the images correctly, so that they become 'grid-like'
Oh grumble garble garble, I had a feeling I had to size all of them myself Thanks so much for your help.

Is there by any chance a program that you can upload pictures that they will size them to a particular size and fix distortions for you automatically?

10-06-2007
V.I.P.

When I was doing my online magazine, Hel, a friend of mine, made some grid like pictures for me, and she said she used HP Photosmart Essential 2 but I've not used this I'm afraid

This is how it looked though:

Bonjourjr

(but I edited in the words...but the rows of pictures were all done using this software)

11-06-2007
More Old Skool Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Is there by any chance a program that you can upload pictures that they will size them to a particular size and fix distortions for you automatically?
Use the crop tool in Photoshop, you can type in the size you need them to be and click and drag over the original photos.

fashion elite

I use photoshop to color my designs or and textures. It's all very basic, I'll probably start doing my 'flats' on photoshop too.

12-03-2009
V.I.P.

Moderator's Note:

For those of you who have not noticed it, we have a
Fashion Wizard on our Home page which allows you to use our props, or you may download our templates to design your own fashions on photoshop and then post them in the Fashion Wizard Gallery. For a tutorial about how to design your own rather than use our props, go here.

02-07-2009
windowshopping

Hey people, Photoshop is a great application for design. But for those who need the versitility and unlimited fexibility. Use Adobe illustrator, I use this application along with PS CS3, there a force to be f'd with. Texturizing can be done in photo shop, but thats not what the program is for. Illustrations and anything else you can draw is great in illustrator, it can even trace your drawings for you. I sometimes you PS CS3 for touch ups, but mainly use it for *photo* editing.

Last edited by JB Maarco; 02-07-2009 at 12:59 AM. Reason: trying to add pictures(failed)
03-10-2009
windowshopping

Fashion Line up and Collage Video Tutorial
Just wanted to contribute a Video Tutorial that I created for a class that i teach on Photoshop for Fashion Design
http://www.youtube.com/user/FashionChalkboard

There are also a couple of Illustrator Tutorials to watch. Enjoy

21-11-2009
scenester

tutorials
hello bette!
just clicked on the links you provided and there is nothing there. is fashion wizard still on tfs?
please let me know
thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Moderator's Note:

For those of you who have not noticed it, we have a
Fashion Wizard on our Home page which allows you to use our props, or you may download our templates to design your own fashions on photoshop and then post them in the Fashion Wizard Gallery. For a tutorial about how to design your own rather than use our props, go here.

28-03-2010
rising star

Why are so many asking how to make simple things like collages and what not when I thought this thread was for illustration- which is drawing.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
advice, fashion, illustrations, photoshop, tips