Miscellaneous Vintage Magazines - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Vintage Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
Oh wow, never knew that! I have noticed in vintage Vogue magazine that sometimes the Hair & Makeup artists were credited in the back of the magazine along with some of the accessory brands.
They're great pictures anyway, Rosie.

30-09-2014
tfs star

I've noticed that Vogue Italia (early 90s) didn't credit some of the photographer too.

I'll search for the credits but I spent some time trying to find them yesterday but couldn't find them.

I don't know if you know Verena and Burda (Germany) but I've always loved them. I know they're not Vogue but I still find them fascinating. My mom would make me clothes in the 90s and she took the ideas from these magazines.

They are very dear to me so I bought about 14 issues of them yesterday.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieNikolaeva View Post
I've noticed that Vogue Italia (early 90s) didn't credit some of the photographer too.

I'll search for the credits but I spent some time trying to find them yesterday but couldn't find them.

I don't know if you know Verena and Burda (Germany) but I've always loved them. I know they're not Vogue but I still find them fascinating. My mom would make me clothes in the 90s and she took the ideas from these magazines.

Yes, they're great.

For me, with vintage magazines, it's about the photography, the fonts they used in typefaces and just the way a period that's gone can still be evoked by looking at a picture.

30-09-2014
tfs star

I couldn't agree more. It doesn't matter which magazine it is, I love the photography in general. I have a few issues of Verena from my mother but this was the first time for me to buy Burda and I can't believe how great it is, I like it better than Verena.

I've got a lot more to scan, I'm gonna post more editorials today.

tfs star

VERENA GERMANY, MAY 1992
"Schöne Grüntöne"
Photographer: Wilfried Beege
Hair and Make-up: Uli Wissel

my scans

30-09-2014
tfs star

VERENA GERMANY, MAY 1992
"Weiss Schlägt Wellen in Verbindung mit Rot"

my scans

backstage pass

That last set. Just lost for words.

The blonde girl in that set could have easily made it as an 90's supermodel, in my opinion.
It's just all down to luck - being in the right place at the right time, meeting the right people.
Think of all the thousands of girls in the 80s and 90s who never made it into the big league simply because they didn't meet the right people.

Thanks.

Last edited by Mai Iwano; 30-09-2014 at 07:47 AM.
30-09-2014
tfs star

Yep, at first I was so sad because these models were not the famous ones but now I'm glad to see the other girls who tried to make it big.

I'm really happy you like what I post, it's great to know someone appreciates the same things you do.

backstage pass

Quote:

Quote:
Yep, at first I was so sad because these models were not the famous ones but now I'm glad to see the other girls who tried to make it big.

I'm really happy you like what I post, it's great to know someone appreciates the same things you do.
You're welcome. People like Kelles, Justaguy, yourself and others make it a great place to be.

30-09-2014
tfs star

Oh, I don't think my modest contributions are enough but thank you so much! It's an honor for me to be a part of the small team of TFS's Vintage magazines subforum!

tfs star

VERENA GERMANY, MAY 1992
"Sommer Frische"

my scans

tfs star

VERENA GERMANY, MAY 1992
"Shocking Colours"
Hair and Make-up: Christine Koch

my scans