How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-08-2010
front row

Any advice on how to ask for bangs for curly hair? Once I had a stylist do these short, cute bangs on me. I have curly hair and tehy were cut so well that I didn't need to style them. Does anyone know the technique?

23-08-2010
oh! darling

Quote:
However I'm having difficulty straightening it and making it stay where I'd like it to do,on my forehead lol. Any advice?
Take a thin comb and every few minutes brush it down into place. I have to do this because my bangs will not dry the way I style them. I have to train them everyday (even though years later they still aren't trained). It takes some time. I would not recommend using a straight iron to make them straight because it'll make them too long and might disturb your line of sight, or it'll make the ends look like twigs and unnatural.

trendsetter

so last week i got my hair chopped off to a longer chin lengh (for the first time in over 12years)...
i really like the lengh but i realised that i'd love to have a fringe again with this hairstyle. now i'm debating if i'm only fascinated with the idea and pictures of girls with oh so beautiful fringes or if i really want to wear that style day by day.

after all i'm really lazy when it comes to hairstyling. i use no hairproducts appart from shampoo and occasionally conditioner, so the fact that i have to style my hair every day leaves me a bit in doubt.

i've had a fringe a couple of times in the past, and it worked very well with my facetype (longish), however when i had it, it only lasted for about a year and then i started to get tired of it.

what do think, should i get one?

Last edited by scara; 24-08-2010 at 03:29 AM. Reason: spelling...
24-08-2010
oh! darling

Try it. Try for a different type of fringe, maybe?

Instead of blunt, go side swept or pixie. Or, change the part. When I haven't had time to get a cut, I push my blunts to the side or part them in the middle and push them to their sides.

fashion icon

Thank you for the advice Papa They're still not too long yet,when I had it cut in it was more a Bettie Page than the fringe of a hippie I find myself keeping a round brush in my bag and I keep brushing them into place every time I catch a sight of my reflection and see that they're not quite as I would like. Should probably stop doing that in public so much!

26-08-2010
rising star

I got a fringe/bangs cut today. I think I like it but I'm not too sure, I'm a little worried about trying to style it myself.

trendsetter

well, i got it done and it looks great! styling it is easy too.
the whole hairstyle now very much looks like freja behas when she had a fringe and chinlengh hair.

oh! darling

Styling them is gonna be a daily chore unfortunately. Unless you're lucky and they'll just dry in place, you have to have some patience to let them dry the way you want them to sit.

trendsetter

Help. Help. Help. I just got my bangs recut and they royally screwed them up. I asked the lady to make them less wide, but she thinned them out instead and now they look AWFUL. she also cut it so that the sides are choppy and are longer than the rest of the bangs.

is it possible to get them thick again? if so what do i tell my (new) hairdresser to do?

oh! darling

would you be willing to post a pic?

V.I.P.

I love bangs, wide and blunt bangs.
at the moment I have side bangs and i love love love them.
my face would look totally wierd without bangs...I just cannot help but dislike my forehead even tough it is not big or anything ALSO if I have forget to shape up my eyebrowns, bangs cover them so well. HAHAH.
anyway, bad cut bangs are the worst...you just have to wate them getting little longer and put up with a pin.

oh! darling

I can't live without bangs either. I just need them. My mother says I tend to hide behind my bangs. And I do. Keeps me mysterious.

Sadly, I need them cut every 3 weeks. I can't even go a month and then I have to push them to the side. My mother cuts them for me in less than 5 minutes. (What would I do without her?) :heart

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
would you be willing to post a pic?
i dont have a camera. kind of pathetic, it's 2010 and i dont have one. oh well, im not very photogenic anyway

but my bangs are fixed! i was feeling a little spontaneous and got them cut shorter than I normally do. they're now like this:

listal.com

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
I can't live without bangs either. I just need them. My mother says I tend to hide behind my bangs. And I do. Keeps me mysterious.

Sadly, I need them cut every 3 weeks. I can't even go a month and then I have to push them to the side. My mother cuts them for me in less than 5 minutes. (What would I do without her?) :heart
moms are the best!

I have to cut my bangs often too...altough I only have two people who I let cute them, they are professional hair dressers and listens what I wanna and they actually know how to cute great bangs...bangs went wrong is my worst nightmare HAHAH and I have gone thru that too many times...

so when my bangs grow too much I put them like this, this is my survive-with-too-long-bangs tip. easy and cute! i allways get lot´s of compliments.

weheartit

btw. that girl have such a beautiful hair!

I really would like to try bangs á la Audrey Hepburn.
but I know it would not suit me at all...

weheartit

oh! darling

Bella Lass,
I love that length! Mine are very long. I've said before that I tell my stylist to cut them "inconveniently short." They need to be just barely over my eyes. But that photo has inspired me to get them shorter the next time I trim them. Mark my words!

Jenna-Marie,
Audrey definitely pulls off the pixie cut so well. So does Michelle Williams. I am very interested in how you braid your bangs. Do you know of a tutorial online we could follow? It just looks like a French braid going across the top of the hairline, non?

I think I need to thin my bangs out. They are much too thick and too full, and I think that dominates my entire face.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bangs, fringes, styling