How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2004
V.I.P.

My own bangs look like this when my hair's been slightly cleaned up...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hair3.jpg (16.2 KB, 163 views)

10-09-2004
rising star

Even If I knw I have slighlty curly hair I cut some bangs and now they´re killing me! Why do I do this every 3 or 4 years...I don´t know!

When I blow dry hem they´re ok but as time passes they curl and look awful....

Please would you give me some tips to pass this phase...besides barrettes that look kinda dorky in a thirtysomething like me...

I´m aiming for longer bangs let´s say chin length, so I can tuck them behind my ears, so its like 3 or 4 more months of agony.

Please post some pics if you have to inspire me.

Big thanks in advance

princesita

PS: If there´s a previous thread related please point it to me...

10-09-2004
offline.

regular old bobby pins ... or get fancy bobby pins... I dunno.. I grew my bangs out years ago and swore I'd never go back!

10-09-2004
Vision of Paradise

ugh. i always have bangs,,,,, but now with every hipster on the block sporting them for the past year or two i decided to grow mine out.......i always do this....and it drives me nuts!! im thinking of cutting them again , just because i dont want to deal! i feel your pain.

bobby pins......they are a must ....spot on luna

you mentioned your hair is curly....how about curling your bangs back, and pinning them ( think gwen stefani)

trendsetter

get some nice headbands... a few thin ones that are subtle in your hair and a few stylish sassy ones for a bolder look. that's what got me through growing my bangs out

10-09-2004
front row

Oh honey, step right up because you are preaching to the choir!

I've gotten mine to the "just below my eye" level. My hair has a strong natural wave, so if I put mousse in them, tousle, and air dry, the bangs get a sort of piecy wave. Sometimes I swear to God, it looks like I have a FEMMULLET! AHHHH! FEMMULLET!!!!! I'm all Rod Steward with it! Nicely layered bangs. That is sarcasm, in case anyone wasn't sure.

I like scarves, headbands, hairpins, bobby pins, and I just discovered these mini clips. Like those really big yucky tacky ones some kids wear that look sort of like an elongated triangle, but very tiny. Those work GREAT! and you can get them in more subtle colours.

11-09-2004
front row

My hair is naturally VERY curly and my bangs are right under my eyes now. I just flat iron them and they're okay, they'll stay put unless they are exposed to humidity or water molecules of any kind (curly hair is so temperamental). I actually kind of like them this length.

11-09-2004
rising star

Thanks for the input people, my companions in agony!

It´s still winter down here so I hope that summer catches me with longer bangs cos otherwise I would kill myself....

I ´ve seen some pics of Gwyneth last year when she growth hers bangs and they´re quite useful.My hair is quite similar to hers.
By the way I´m so clumsy I don´t know how to post pics...so If someone can give me a foolproof step-by step guide I´ll gladly post some pics of her great growing process

Thanks again

11-09-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

What are 'bangs'?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Sep 11 2004, 12:39 PM
What are 'bangs'?
[snapback]363596[/snapback]
Are you British? In which case, I think it would translate to 'fringe'.

V.I.P.

I feel your pain too! I am going through that phase as well, and all I can do is put bobbypins on my hair. Sort of ugly..... Though you can sweep them on the side (if they're long enough) and wear them like Liv Tyler does. It's quite nice, but mine aren't long enough to do that yet!

11-09-2004
Naturellement pulpeuse

Quote:
Originally posted by alwaysandnever@Sep 11 2004, 01:14 PM
Are you British? In which case, I think it would translate to 'fringe'.
[snapback]363627[/snapback]
Yes, I'm English. Thanks.

front row

I can't get them to stay straight. They either fly to one side or look very oily if I put straightening baum on them.

Any suggestion?

(Btw, I've tried the ceramic straightening iron and that's what makes them fly to one side.)

21-09-2004
scenester

in all my magazines the "in" thing for bangs is to flip 'em to the side..

i have curly hair but no bangs,but layers and i just shake it and spray it and it looks great. im really not sure what to say though..??

heres some ideas for hairstyles i got from a website....

Short and Curly

High-rise
1. Pull hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic band. 2. Use hairspray to define spiky pieces, and hold style in place.

Bundled Up
1. Part hair to one side and blow-dry hair straight. (Working in small sections, lift hair away from your head, with the brush under your hair. Direct the dryer's nozzle down at the brush, as you bring it along the length of the section, working from roots to ends.)
2. Separate hair into two sections (one on each side).
3. Wrap one side around and pin vertically going up the nape of neck.
4. Take the other side and wrap the opposite way creating a woven look. Secure with bobby pins.

Bobbed with a Bang
1. Part hair to one side, and blow-dry hair straight, sweeping bangs to the side. (Working in small sections, lift hair away from your head, with the brush under your hair. Direct the dryer's nozzle down at the brush, as you bring it along the length of the section, working from roots to ends.)
2. Leaving your bangs out, part hair to one side.
3. Use a flat-iron (set on medium to high heat) to make hair sleek and smooth, and to slightly turn ends under, creating a subtle bobbed look.
4. Rub a dime-sized dollop of shine serum between your palms, then apply to your hair, starting at the back and working your way forward.

Spike It
1. Blow-dry hair straight. (Working in small sections, lift hair away from your head, with the brush under your hair. Direct the dryer's nozzle down at the brush, as you bring it along the length of the section, working from roots to ends.)
2. Leaving out your bangs, gather hair at the base of your neck.
3. Twist hair upward into a French bun and use bobby pins to hold hair in place.
4. Spike hair left out of French bun upwards, and spritz with hairspray for hold and definition.

5. Brush bangs to one side.

hope it helps you some!

22-09-2004
chaos reigns

Doesn't Marissa Jaret Winokur sports bangs?
I like 'em!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bangs, fringes, styling