How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-08-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silk skin paws View Post
I found out the opposite less shampoo and more conditioning. It really depends on hair type.
I noticed that too! Really can't go without conditioner because my hair is SO stubborn and I wouldn't be able to comb or even get my fingers through it without conditioning. So, I usually use very little shampoo but more of the conditioner (which I only use on the lenghts btw, never on my scalp - that's what I was told by my hairdresser), leave it in for some minutes and rinse it out.

01-09-2009
trendsetter

my hair is so much better without any coonditioner.
i never changed color or anything. my hair is very dark, almost black and it shines the most when i don't use conditioner

01-09-2009
Making a Mess

I tried not using conditioner a few months back but my hair became unbelievably frizzy. Also everytime I straightened or blow-dried my hair it would literally stick straight out . So I can't skip it.

windowshopping

My hair would catch on fire without conditioner !!! OMG, never enough conditioner with my dry, frizzy, curly hair. Would have to put a bag on my head otherwise.

trendsetter

I only use conditioner on my ends...I used to put conditioner all over but it caused oilyness and static to my hair.

08-09-2009
Riot Bug

I've notice that too much conditioner could make my hair look like 80s if i don't straight it up later hahahaha ...its awful

V.I.P.

i have curly + very dry hair ... they are a real mess.
i've only started recently to use dedicated (cheap) shampoo + a conditionner both for my hair type. and they are well more good, now. not yet perfect. but they look kind of better than before. i also use karite or coconut butter once a week - at night only.
i want to make them grow a little to see how it fits me. with shorter hair i don't need all this !

18-09-2009
backstage pass

Up until July I was blindly pouring conditioner onto every inch of my hair and I always thought my hair was so gross because I didn't wash out the shampoo and conditioner well enough. Then I realized I needed to use conditioner sparingly, and not in moisturizing form, and keep it away from my bangs and roots my far. My bangs would grease up so easily and just separate. I use a conditioner for color treated hair now and I still feel like it's necessary, but I'm very mindful of it now. I've just recently embarked on a mission to improve my hair to improve my grooming habits and fix up my appearance so I'm open to all suggestions to groom a glowing mane.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
conditioner, hair