How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

^I actually think your color looks gorgeous there. Can't wait to see what the Casting Créme Gloss one looks like on you though. But I hate you for saying it never fails I was just about to buy some CCG colors yesterday because I had 50% off all L'Oréal products yesterday but didn't end up buying any because it says CCG is only semi-permanent?

Dauphine, the pink is awesome!

12-04-2011
In Bloom

Well I like it because it's semi permanent If it fails it doesn't really matter. The reflexes are gorgeous, and they actually stay for at least 4 months.

I don't really like my hair on the pics, mostly because it pulls very red...the 910 colour is very neutral, slightly cool though. It would look great on someone with a tan (not me then )

we were in love

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

My hair is so resistant to hair dye because I dye it so terribly often that my hair doesn't even take on most non-permanent colors Guess it's a good thing then I didn't get it. However if it really lasts 4 months then that's awesome.
I always loved L'Oréal's Feria, I wonder why it's not available anymore. And all the other L'Oréal colors I have tried before but wasn't very happy with.

I think the color probably looks good on the pics anyway because your hair looks very healthy, soft and thick. You could easily have ten different shades in your hair and it would still look nice when your hair is like that, haha.

12-04-2011
In Bloom

My hair isn't thick, I just hadn't brushed it for a few days But it's in relatively good shape considering that I haven't got a haircut for a year. I don't blow dry or flat iron my hair, I've only tried permanent hair colour once, so I guess my hair can take a good beating still But really, the CCG is brilliant if you want to feel like you need a change, but you don't want to do something radical...I'm guessing that you want to do something radical though

Have you considered getting all the colour drawn out of your hair? And L'Oreal has some new permanent mousse colours out, some of the colours look really pretty!

we were in love

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

my hair is always so yellowish and i just hate it....
i have really light natural hair (like dark blonde) and i just want it to look lighter.... and not yellow....

12-04-2011
In Bloom

^I think the CCG shade no. 1010 would be really nice then. It's quite cool and cancels out yellow and red. Or any other cool toned toner would do.

we were in love

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

Oh really? It does look thick in those pics!
I've seen the commercial with Evangeline Lily for those new mousse colors a few times but I've never checked the color palette. Will have to do that.

I've considered getting all the color drawn out but it's sooo expensive. I'll probably just chop off a good bit of my hair, bleach it and start messing with it all over again The plan is still to get my hair to a nice shade of blonde that is light enough that I can go lavender and baby pink on weekends and vacations and back to blonde for weekdays when I have to work, haha.

m.j.: Maybe you could try a toner or silver shampoo or something?

12-04-2011
V.I.P.

tnx the Ida, i'll have to try it or live with this yellow thing on my head.

Psylocke - i tried toners.... and i don't think theres silver shampoo in my country. i could ask my mom to get me sth from the states.

Last edited by m.j.; 12-04-2011 at 05:27 PM.
13-04-2011
In Bloom

Here it is - slightly darker, you can still see highlights (they're less yellow now) and roots but not as much as before.

we were in love

13-04-2011
backstage pass

m.j. - if there aren't any violet shampoos in your country, you could also try lemon juice or make yourself an ink rinse. I haven't tried it myself (so no guarantee from my side! ) but it worked out for a friend of mine pretty well... (mix 2 blue writing ink cartidges with 1 litre of water and leave it on your hair for about 20mins).
If you decide to order online try the TIGI Fashionista shampoo & conditioner. I have light blonde hair myself (natural) but it tends to get yellowish / greenish in Summer from pool water and stuff, but that stuff is ALWAYS working. Good luck!

Some while ago I thought about changing my light blonde to a darker colour. As usually I was a chicken and haven't done it But I must say that I am really happy now that I haven't done it! With sun and a little tan (if you can talk about tan in my case at all lol) it looks good and I am so glad I decided to not change my natural colour!

trendsetter

Every time I decide to dye my hair darker it always looks strange - my eyelashes and brows are really light though, so it looks really wiggy.

13-04-2011
scenester

The Ida, your hair looks so natural, even with the highlights (which were indeed more yellow before)!
It seems Casting Créme Gloss turned out great for you. :-)

13-04-2011
scenester

I have been to the salon last week to get my roots done.

As I was telling you a few weeks ago, i was planning to change to a lighter blonde, maybe to add some arctic blonde highlights.
But I turned out to be a chicken and went for just a slight change.

My hairdresser always adds some warm golden tone blonde to the colour mixture that she prepares for me, because she says my hair lightens up in a very cold tone. As I have and overall ashy pigment in my natural hair, it fades easily to an arctic cold tone blonde using only a 4% oxidant mixed with the colour.!
This is good because it doesn`t really damage my hair..

BUT!!!!

If most of the ladies i know are fighting the orange pigment after going blonde, and are running to buy silver toners to get rid of the orange, in my case the hairdresser complains that my hair gets to easy the cool cold blonde tone and adds a bit of warm pigment..

So here I was this time asking her to add less warm golden blonde in the colour mix, so i would get a cooler blonde tone.

Compared to the pictures that i have posted on page 9, i have gone half a tone lighter, with no warm pigment!
I did not have the courage to go for more than that..
I think it looks more natural now, I absolutely LOVE it.
Hope to upload some new photos soon.

cheers!

20-04-2011
xx

The_Ida, your hair looks great

~

Olivia Palermo
i miss her as a blonde!

Olivia-Palermo.com

22-04-2011
Riot Bug

I'm thinking about going back blond... I do really miss it... ive been thinking about some tone like this...

mundoflaneur.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, blonde, hair, thread