How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2011
V.I.P.

not sure if this is still considered blonde or rather a light brown, but does anyone know some haircolor with this shade(or just a brand that makes a similar shade)? i just love it so much

justjared

25-04-2011
Riot Bug

^love it too... looks like some light brown with blonde shades!
you know every dying color works differently depending on your hair based color sooo... best way its go and ask to some hairdresser and give dif tries... sometimes it takes a while to me until i get exactly the tone i want and my hairdressers to figure out how my hair is gonna take the dying... its not a exact science... at least not with my hair... maybe if you have an easy tone to manipulate you can even find some color like that easily...

trendsetter

For those of us who highlight. How often do you usually go in for touch ups?

25-04-2011
trendsetter

I'm back at being a blonde after being a brunette for the past 6 months. First it was really yellowish and I hated it, but now after a few weeks of purple shampoo it's beginning to look like a nice blonde.
My hairdresser put a lot of balayage on and left in on for an hour, I'm not sure if I want to go back to get it lighter or if I should keep this shade.

Before:
bruin.jpg

Now:
blond.jpg
my pics

Last edited by FleurDeLys; 25-04-2011 at 05:23 PM.
26-04-2011
Heartbeat

^ i love that shade on you Fleur!

Alvedansen, that's a great color

ediewho, i agree, it takes patience to get to the tone you desire. especially if you go back and forth to different hair colors, gotta work at it little by little till you're happy.

i was comparing my old hair color photos and the first time around it was ashier which is what i usually favor. the second time, it was warmer but it kind of worked too since my skin toned changed, i had a bit of a ~ tan ~ before but i was paler the second time around, it was a play in contrast...because i'm so not down with that matching haircolor to skin tone thing

dauphine, my friend who has naturally light blonde hair goes in every 3 months but she gets fussy about her hair about 2 and a half months in. she is always saying "ahh don't look at my roots!" and i'm like "girl that is nothing!" * waves it off *

Last edited by kissablekae; 26-04-2011 at 12:22 AM.
26-04-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissablekae View Post
my friend who has naturally light blonde hair goes in every 3 months but she gets fussy about her hair about 2 and a half months in. she is always saying "ahh don't look at my roots!" and i'm like "girl that is nothing!" * waves it off *
Haha. That sounds like me. I am going to try to shoot for getting it redone every 4-6 months depending.

26-04-2011
Heartbeat

she has light blonde hair with like platinum highlights or something like that so whenever she talks about her roots, i'm like "where?!" i mean I can see the difference but it's nothing to fuss over :p.

i think 4-6 months is good since your hair is naturally light too and i think you said everyone around you is rockin' ombre hair, so it's not like your roots can look 'bad'(for lack of a better word, nothing wrong with ombre trend) compared to them

27-04-2011
trendsetter

Everyone and their mom has ombre hair here. It's a bit unnerving, especially since I think a lot of ombre-ers would prefer to have people think they just woke up and their hair looks like that. If I could get my highlights done every 12 months I would. It's always a contest to see how long I can go.

01-05-2011
Riot Bug

gonna go back to be blondie...got tired of being brunette for a while now... so i thought about going as previously... (pics of me by me...)

Last edited by ediewho; 01-05-2011 at 02:26 PM.
01-05-2011
backstage pass

I get Anjy Rubik vibes from you
Blonde def suits you!

trendsetter

The blonde looks really good!

02-05-2011
Riot Bug

^ Many thanks pengy & dauphine ... I got really quick bored of my darker hair color this time... I dunno if its the summer vibes but i cant wait to go back to that light color despite i dont have the hair as long as on the second pic...

Heartbeat

^ ediewho, you look cute as a Blonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
If I could get my highlights done every 12 months I would. It's always a contest to see how long I can go.
i'm doing that too but not 12 months so far it's been about two and a half months. i saw my hairdresser recently for a cut and we were discussing color, she wants to lighten my roots slightly and bring in some Blonde highlights like a subtle ombre style... so nothing major, i might go back to her for color, i think i've put the mistakes behind me. i don't feel i can be bothered to experiment with a new hairstylist who has to get to know all of my likes and dislikes when it comes to my hair

~

Audrina Patridge
her highlights look great on her show

Celebrity-Paradise

Last edited by kissablekae; 04-05-2011 at 11:29 PM.
05-05-2011
trendsetter

I have two weddings to attend in June, right now I feel like I will most likely attempt to have my color done again before the wedding, then after that just trying to catch a lot of sun/beach time for the rest of the summer and pray that my hair doesn't get too dry. I think I have about an inch and a half of roots, but it's hard to say for certain.

05-05-2011
V.I.P.

^i'm thinking about letting the sun do the job for me as well.
i'm so sick of coloring my hair and i just want to get back to my natural color (ashy medium blond). but in the summer my hair gets super light and the rest of my hair is medium-dark brown. it's gonna look so shabby though
i don't want to bleach the rest of my hair because it's quite damaged as it is but coloring it lighter and lighter to make the growing-out process more gradual is gonna take forever =/
i can't decide what to do.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, blonde, hair, thread