How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-05-2011
V.I.P.

I'm never going to dye my hair again. It has never looked this great and it growing (healthily) like crazy and the color has improved as well (find a food supplement with copper). The sun will do the bleaching during summer and when it's colder the color still looks great. Go nature!

05-05-2011
trendsetter

Yay. I'm hoping that this summer my hair will get really light from the sun, when my hair was all dye, the sun/beach doesn't affect it at all. This is the first year in god knows how long that my hair has been 'mostly natural'. I'd like to keep it that way - I am trying to grow my hair out. I keep seeing people around me at the grocery, or on the train with long nice hair, I can't help but stare. I know it's rude, but I am so obsessed.

Last edited by dauphine; 05-05-2011 at 10:09 PM.
06-05-2011
V.I.P.

I let my hair grow out to it's natural color however I really missed the lighter coloring, it just brightened up my face and since I'm impatient I've been trying Sun In to speed up the bleaching of my hair from the sun. So far, so good. Has anyone tried it as well?

backstage pass

I'm also in again for natural... the last time I dyed my hair was when I was 15, so that's a good 8 years back (God I got old!). But ever since I am too scared to mess up the colour and kept it natural through all periods of "I wanna try something new".

Maybe we should all take "before Summer" and "after Summer" pics to compare the results by the sun lightning up our hair

trendsetter

I used to love Sun-in, but I think the formula has changed, old sun in was definitely better and worked more quickly than new sun-in. But Sun-in is basically First Aid Kit peroxide, which I've also used in the past and it works pretty well for DIY highlights. Supposedly the Sun-in sold overseas is still the old formula.

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

^I wonder what the difference is, I've stopped after one use just because I got what I wanted; a boost for summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengy View Post
I'm also in again for natural... the last time I dyed my hair was when I was 15, so that's a good 8 years back (God I got old!). But ever since I am too scared to mess up the colour and kept it natural through all periods of "I wanna try something new".

Maybe we should all take "before Summer" and "after Summer" pics to compare the results by the sun lightning up our hair

That sounds like a fun idea. I'm in.

Last edited by McClaire; 09-05-2011 at 02:22 AM.
10-05-2011
xx

^ that'd be really interesting to see

my friend who is a natural blonde used Sun-In years ago and it kind of messed up her hair. when she got highlights, the lower parts of the hair where she used Sun-In before went a little yellow

~

Lauren Conrad

before she went darker

OhNoTheyDidnt

Last edited by kissablekae; 10-05-2011 at 01:43 AM.
10-05-2011
backstage pass

Always LOVE lauren's hair.. always! I'm currently ombre and two-tone and loving it.. and then I see a photo like that and want all-over blonde again! A girl can never fully decide!

10-05-2011
trendsetter

LC always has really good hair. I remember watching Laguna Beach and really admiring her waist length hair. I read somewhere that she is the secret queen of extensions though, her hair always looks healthy!

26-05-2011
trendsetter

Have any of you tried John Frieda's Go Blonder line? I looked back a few pages and didn't see it discussed here but forgive me if I missed it.

(images from johnfrieda.com
controlled lightening spray
shampoo
conditioner

I just bought a bonus pack of the shampoo and conditioner that came with a trial size of the spray at target. So far, I have used the shampoo and conditioner twice and one application of the spray (which was the entire trial size bottle). So I bought a full size bottle of the spray the next day. For the shampoo and conditioner, you just use it like normal. For the spray, you spray it where you want it on damp hair (I did it all over), then blow dry completely, then use a hot tool like a straightener or curling iron because it is heat activated. Honestly I seriously noticed a difference after the very first time I did it. Of course it is a very slight difference, but my hair already looks slightly lighter and brighter to me. I am normally dark blonde with highlights. It is just very slightly more golden and bright now. I have not noticed any brassiness yet either which I was afraid of, but still I have barely used the products much yet. So far I am happy though, and I will continue to use it to lighten up a bit more.

My only complaint is after blow drying my hair completely and then flat ironing it, it felt very dry and I need to use that moroccan oil. I think it was because of the heat styling though b/c normally I never use any heat on my hair since it's already very straight. Also, the next time I used the shampoo and conditioner but not the spray (b/c I hadn't bought a bottle yet) I let my hair air dry and it was soft like normal. The spray is the only product that needs the heat, but I think it is also the one that makes the most difference. Thankfully you don't need to use the spray all the time bc I hate all that heat styling! Well, it's really the resulting dryness I hate.

So has anyone else tried it yet? Or thought about it? I read a bunch of reviews on other sites and youtube reviews and there were a couple negative ones, but a strong majority were very positive so I decided to go for it.

Last edited by pinksatin; 26-05-2011 at 11:28 PM.
27-05-2011
backstage pass

^ Being a fanatic John Frieda user since ages, I tried the GoBlonder line as well.
I don't really needed it since my hair is naturally very light blonde, but I just had to try it out of plain interest. Anyway, I don't know about the results on dark / medium blonde hair - but I cannot recommend it to light blondes.

I must admit that the smell is really nice and it felt very gentle to my hair, but first of all it totally lacked volume after using it and felt rather thin. For the colour effect, I am absolutely NOT convinced. It gave my hair a very unpleasant yellow shade and it took 2-3 bottles of JF ColourRenew and Tigi's universal weapon Fashionista afterwards till I got rid of it. I hated it! It made me look like I used a really cheap bleaching or something.

So... I don't know if this is a general problem when using it on already light blonde hair, but I won't use it ever again.

trendsetter

I used it awhile ago, but my hair had been heavily color-treated and I think this stuff works better on natural hair. The thing is that the 'go blonder' line is similar to their old formulation of the classic Frieda Blonde Shampoo - it used to have lemon extract in it to help brighten and remove brassy deposits. I feel like the Go Blonder S&C probably work, just very slowly. I didn't notice a difference with it. The spray is a new product

27-05-2011
rising star

I have naturally blonde hair, and it did make it look kind of brighter but it mademy hair and scalp really dry, even the skin on my face was peeling a bit.

27-05-2011
trendsetter

Oh, that's no good.
I feel like I would be able to get a similar effect on my own by adding lemon juice/oil to my regular shampoo. I do need to do something about my roots. I like the idea of being able to lighten it gradually - and cheaply. I know this is 'bad', but sometimes, when my roots really bother me, I dab hydrogen peroxide on them with a cotton ball before blow drying so they lighten a little bit. It's not even like my hair is really root-y, I only have highlights, but the demarcation line is obvious to me. My natural color is light enough that it won't go orange on me.

28-05-2011
backstage pass

^ Soyou already got highlights, why don't you use the JF ColourRenew then?
(the violet one)

It lightens up gradually and doesn't do such damage on your hair as the GoBlonder. My friend uses it (she also does the cotton ball procedure ) and is very pleased with the results!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, blonde, hair, thread