How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-05-2011
trendsetter

Really? I've never heard of it. Going to google that right now. Thanks

28-05-2011
backstage pass

My hair is naturally dark blonde but for the past 2-3 years I have been dying it dark brown. Now sometime ago I became obsessed with the idea of going back to blonde and this Tuesday I tried a colour removal at home with Colour B4, well nothing really happened except my roots turned kind of orange and some of my hair got maybe a little bit lighter shade of brown. The next day I used a dark blonde Loreal colour on my hair (not sure why) and thankfully at least the orange-ness of the roots went away.

Two days ago I went to hairsalon and had a consultation re colour removal, they did a colour correction test to a sample of my hair and well..if I had their colour removal my hair would pretty much just fall apart. I went home crying (...) and now that I have been told that I cant have blonde hair just like that I obviously want to be blonde even more! And the blonde shade of my colour removed hair on the sample looked REALLY nice! How I wish I had not done the home colour removal.
I dont really have the patience to wait until winter, do a little bit of highlighting there and there and wait my hair to get better which might take ages but I guess I will have to.

But..I am going to take very good care of my hair now and thinking of going to another hairsalon in a couple weeks to hear what they say..

28-05-2011
trendsetter

It's Ok, hair can grow up to an inch a month if you take good care of it. Waiting is always better for your hair. Just the waiting is torture.

02-06-2011
trendsetter

Eleonorah, I'm sad for your troubles! I think many of us can commiserate with that kind of problem. I know I had a stage where my all I could do was grow out my hair and start over. It was platinum, I got tired of the maintenance and damage and dyed it dark brown to cover it up. Then I wanted to go back to my lighter dark blonde. There was nothing they could do since it was too processed and porous from previously bleaching it platinum, that I had to live with the gross orangey color and let it grow out. But at least my hair was really short at the time! Best wishes on that.

Update on the "Go Blonder" from me: I did the spray one more time and it is again lighter and blonder but not drastic. It is also getting a little too "golden" for my taste. I am naturally ashier. It isn't an orangey, brassy nightmare by any means, but I am still not gonna use it again for a while. Plus I didn't want to get drastically lighter anyway. Twice was enough for me. I have a little bit of Aveda's Blue Malva Conditioner left, so I will use that up and then I think I will try John Freida's Renew Tone Correcting conditioner since it is cheaper than the Aveda. Just until my hair loses the golden warm tone. Have you guys had luck with the John Frieda version of purple conditioner for correcting blonde? Is it as good as the Aveda Blue Malva, or should I just suck it up and buy more Aveda blue malva conditioner?

backstage pass

^I am fully convinced with the JF violet line. Try it, it's really good

The thing you mentioned with the "too golden" effect on your hair - that is how it started for me too. My natural blonde is rather cold, so the reflexes are more silvern that golden (don't know how to express that in English, sorry!) but I used it a couple of times and after golden there came yellowish. Horrible! But as I said I don't know if it due to my already very light hair, idk. But lay it off soon enough to prevent that effect on your hair...

trendsetter

I need a toner desperately, my hair got a lot of sun this week and parts of it (the top) are really light now.

06-06-2011
trendsetter

Ahhh. After complaining about it being too light- I highlighted it again. This one I did at home with a cap and hook, plus the blue kaleidecolor bleach. That way I don't have to tone it. Looks good. I wish I had been able to get the back a bit better. It's greasy from coconut oil, I'm spending the next few days deep conditioning it intensively to avoid bleach damage.

06-06-2011
rising star

I should add it was the Go Blonder shampoo and conditioner I didn't like; I haven't tried the spray (though don't plan to either).

I really like Redken Blonde Glam at the moment, it makes my hair look noticeably brighter to me.

11-06-2011
windowshopping

dauphine, I really like your hair colour....Don't know what to do with my hair now, it's currently hughlighted dark ash blonde (I'm naturally light brown, honeyish coloured)

I'm tempted to go crazy super light but apparently it's really high maintenance and wrecks your hair, unless you're naturally like that, or almost there...

What do you think - Should I go lighter or darker? -meblondenow.jpg

trendsetter

Super duper light did really wreck my hair, but I didn't find it to be that high maintenance. I like kind of a punky look, and I felt like the roots really suited that. Maybe a touch lighter would look good on you? Your color looks great already by the way.

12-06-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
Super duper light did really wreck my hair, but I didn't find it to be that high maintenance. I like kind of a punky look, and I felt like the roots really suited that. Maybe a touch lighter would look good on you? Your color looks great already by the way.
Thankyou, I love punky, but not on me...I sort of like the idea of soft romantic hair and makeup...which is why I sort of want to go blonder - as I associate it with iconic mythic romantic heroines, or people like Julie Christie when she was Lara in Dr Zhivago ... Or Abbey Lee Kershaw's new blonde hair...there's something almost fairytale about it

But I also love long hair, and dyeing it that blonde might reck the condition to the point where I have to go shorter

trendsetter

Debbie Harry: Punky blonde perfection.

haironthebrain.com

16-06-2011
Heartbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenagexvanity View Post
Always LOVE lauren's hair.. always! I'm currently ombre and two-tone and loving it.. and then I see a photo like that and want all-over blonde again! A girl can never fully decide!
me too
your ombre turned out really pretty!

~

Elsa Hosk

myfacehunter (3)

16-06-2011
trendsetter

^
She's gorgeous. What nice hair!

16-06-2011
backstage pass

Ooh Elsa Hosk!