How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-07-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

dauphine, how long are you planning to grow out your hair?

there was a woman the other day that had the exact same voice as my hairdresser, it freaked me out a little but it reminded me i should make an appt soon

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiselet View Post
I made an appointment to lighten my hair for the summer with this photo as inspiration.

http://www.bumbleandbumble.com/flash...01_280x384.jpg
bumbleandbumble.com
I've seen that picture before and always loved it. Seeing it again I really, really feel like going to a hairdresser and get my hair dyed and styled just like that

I totally neglected this thread. It's summer now, we should all feel like going back to blonde now, no?

I'm currently a very, very boring brown-black I dyed my hair with Casting Crème Gloss this time after people here recommended it and it makes my hair really soft and glossy. And I also like the fact that it does seem to fade completely after about a month, that means it won't be too hard going back to blonde soon since my natural hair color is dirty blonde and it's slowly re-surfacing in some spots :p

04-07-2011
backstage pass

This is Finnish blogger Emmi.
Love her blonde! She has the perfect hair imo...

her blog and source: http://nofashionvictims.indiedays.com/

V.I.P.

Her hair colour really is perfect it looks so effortless.

04-07-2011
backstage pass

Exactly! Those light waves and the length... this is my case of extreme hair-envy
I spent some time in Iceland in a host family once and their daughter who was like 2-3 yrs younger than me also has this kind of "just perfect hair". I still sigh when I see her on Facebook lol

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissablekae View Post
dauphine, how long are you planning to grow out your hair?
I'm trying to initially just get it longer than shoulder length, and then just keep the ends in really great condition and let it get really really honkin long. It's very frustrating though, I cut my hair into a pixie last August, so it's been almost a year, if I had been better about not trimming it, it would be at shoulder by now probably.

11-07-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

^ same here! yep just keep it in good condition from here on out and it'll be get there i hate trims too lol

mine is mid-length but i want it longgg again. i'm going to get one more cut soon to fix my layers and i want to grow out my bangs so i can go to back to middle part (roughly). but i don't think doing any blonde highlights on the bottom is worth it on that type of hairstyle #KanyeShrug

~

Devon Aoki

fashiongonerogue, celebrityparadise, tlfan.to, supermodel.nl

~

Pengy, that hair is matches Emmi's style perfectly, very nice

Last edited by kissablekae; 11-07-2011 at 04:30 AM.
11-07-2011
trendsetter

What I've been doing, and this has seemed to really help my hair a lot, is when I know I am planning on shampooing in the morning, I comb coconut oil or deep conditioner in to my hair, wrap it in a scarf and sleep like that. Unfortunately, in the end I feel like the one thing that will help it get really really long is me not messing with the color. Lightening it is really not a problem for me. But every couple months or so I start going 'hmmm, Brunette?' and that's when the trouble starts. There's a lot of accumulative damage in my ends that just had to be cut off last year.
Now that it's at my chin again, (I went from Collarbone to Pixie when I chopped) I can tell that my hair is in much much better condition. It's pretty thick, with a lot of individual hairs. I can't wait till it gets longer. I was always kind of a 'hide behind my hair' type of kid growing up, and honestly I think stylewise a lot of my wardrobe compliments longer hair better than short hair.
I'm considering clip in extensions once I hit shoulder, really good ones, but just for special occasions. I get twitchy about someone being able to tell it's tracks and not my hair.

12-07-2011
Riot Bug

^i did the brunette /blond switching and now im in need of repairing more than do any going back to full blond... ill have to wait a bit damn!

trendsetter

Join us! Honestly, this is my favorite thread in the entire TFS. I check for updates on it constantly. My hair is finally long enough for some conservative-length clip in extensions! I am pretty stoked about it. These get excellent reviews on Makeupalley, I am going to spring for a pair in a month or two, once the summer is over, when my color is not going to get lighter after every spending weekend hitting the beach.
IDK, actually, they're dyeable, but I don't want to mess with that too much.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-exte...cgid=Hair16-03

ETA: there is one woman on MUA who had the dreaded Posh Bob, she posted pics, these blended so incredibly well with her hair. Even that short. There is no Sallys in NYC, but the next time I am out of town I am going to look for one. These particular extensions are Sallys-only or online.

Last edited by dauphine; 12-07-2011 at 07:23 PM.
15-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
Join us! Honestly, this is my favorite thread in the entire TFS. I check for updates on it constantly. My hair is finally long enough for some conservative-length clip in extensions! I am pretty stoked about it. These get excellent reviews on Makeupalley, I am going to spring for a pair in a month or two, once the summer is over, when my color is not going to get lighter after every spending weekend hitting the beach.
IDK, actually, they're dyeable, but I don't want to mess with that too much.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-exte...cgid=Hair16-03

ETA: there is one woman on MUA who had the dreaded Posh Bob, she posted pics, these blended so incredibly well with her hair. Even that short. There is no Sallys in NYC, but the next time I am out of town I am going to look for one. These particular extensions are Sallys-only or online.
Count me in!
One of my absolute fav threads

I bought some clip-in extensions a while ago too. My hair is already long but since it is rather thin I wanted to add some extra volume, mostly towards the ends. I am not very handy with these things but they work just fine and the result is nice too. Don't wear them everyday of course but I like them

Are your clip-ins single streaks dauphine? Mine are rows... the problem is that they get pulled down by their own weight sometimes. My hair is really straight and they're gliding down... Any tips on how to make them stay where they are supposed to stay? I don't want to tease my hair at the tops

trendsetter

They're rows/wefts. What I like to do with extensions is use small rubber bands to make little ponytails where the wig clips are supposed to go in, then clip the tracks in to the hair in between the scalp and the small rubber band. I get the rubber bands used for braiding/cornrows. This way the extension clips can stay in through almost anything.

16-07-2011
backstage pass

I'm getting my ombre touched up tomorrow, so excited! Thinking of maybe adding some coloured tips for fun, like my hair inspiration Lauren Conrad.

Thoughts?

Source: thebeautydepartment

16-07-2011
V.I.P.

^That looks amazing! Go for it

16-07-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

^ i agree, that's cute wish i could see some candids of Lauren with that hair though

my hairdresser canceled on me twice because she wasn't feeling well...turns out she is pregnant! but it's okay, i'm so decisive right now just wanted to get my hair done before Saturday night festivities but now i'm just gonna wear it back with a crystal headband

Emma Stone

OhNoTheyDidnt

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, blonde, hair, thread