How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-07-2011
trendsetter

They have it online here too, it just feels odd to be buying something so basic as shampoo online. i want it now! But I might have to.

30-07-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

^ i usually see the Go Blonder line at Walgreens. around here Target usually doesn't have all the John Frieda stuffs. it's weird if they discontinued it

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengy View Post
Thanks kae & dauphine
I don't know what unicorn hair is but I love the term. Will call my hair like that from now on all the time
it's like something magical of course! lol
* whipping your unicorn pony hair back & forth *

~

Tanya Dziahileva

has pretty amazing hair naturally too & it was sooo long ohmygoodnessbaby!

with Sasha Pivovarova

zeberka.pl, Elle (2), Style

30-07-2011
trendsetter

Her hair is gorgeous. I'm jealous right now.
My hair is getting pretty blonde this summer:

This pic is actually about a week old, so at this point it's probably a totally different color, which is kind of annoying to me, that there are so many factors that affect it. I cut it myself, but I'm starting to see too many split ends. I can't get all the split ends myself, and am going to need a 'real' trim in a salon to handle that. But I am trying to put that off til the weather cools down. I love picking at split ends though, it's a guilty pleasure of mine.
Oh and next week I am going beach camping, I can't wait! Salt water really bleaches my hair.

Last edited by dauphine; 30-07-2011 at 09:32 AM.
30-07-2011
V.I.P.

Tanya's hair right now is so amazing ! <3

30-07-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

dauphine, i don't think i've seen you with bangs before, it's cute!
you should do waves a la Carey Mulligan when it gets longer you'd look more like a cherub than she does with waves though

31-07-2011
backstage pass

Dauphine - that's a nice colour you got there! Very warm
(I do the split ends picking too when I am bored lol)

I'll be traveling to Kenya in September, with all the salt water and sun I must be prepared to come back white haired So looking forward to it though, I am in desperate need of vacations!

Maybe you girls from the States can help me with one thing...
My friend once got me a Dead Sea shampoo (especially for blonde hair) from one of her America trips. I have been searching for it for years now, but unfortunatelly I forgot the brand's name. It was the most perfect hair treat I ever had and I want it back so badly
Do you know about something like this?
(probably it's a stupid question cause there must be 65412 different dead sea shampoos... but maybe I am lucky?)

trendsetter

It's probably either Jericho or Ahava brand I think Ahava is mostly skincare though.

02-08-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

Abbey Lee Kershaw

portmans.com.au

02-08-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
It's probably either Jericho or Ahava brand I think Ahava is mostly skincare though.
Unfortunatelly that's not it! I googled their products but the bottles don't look like the one I am searching for it smelled horribly (awesomly!) like bubblegum... argh I guess my search is pointless

Thanks though!!

trendsetter

Don't give up, I bet it's out there. Did the sea salt lighten your hair at all?

03-08-2011
backstage pass

Mh no, I don't think so. I used it over the Summer where I usually light up on my own. So I don't think that was included in the shampoo...

Dead Sea salt works as a wonderful lighter though when it comes directly from the ocean! Last year I took a trip to the Dead Sea in Jordan and stayed there for only 3 days. I lighted up like crazy and even I (!) got a tan. I should go there regularily
(...combing your hair after Dead Sea swimming is not so much fun on the other hand)

backstage pass

does anyone have much experience from being a natural blonde with dyed-dark hair getting back to blonde? my hair is naturally a medium-light ash blonde, around a level 7, currently dyed brunette (around a level 4) and the blonde roots drive me nuts and look like i'm balding because it's so light! i want to go to a lighter champagne blonde so that when my slightly darker roots come in it looks all chic and punk and not.... balding.

i'll go to a salon -- not going to attempt that kind of corrective colour myself -- but am just wondering if it's really going to take a week of stripping and re-processing or if they should be fine just lifting and toning at the salon. some folks are telling me it's impossible, but i'm pretty sure it's just a little more complex and takes some patience... anyone's stories would be great!

this is my natural blonde, last seen 7 years ago here

this is my hair now, and i'd like to get it all to around the colour of my highlights (like a level 9-10 blonde) but cool/more ashy. i've dyed it this dark about 3 times on the ends over the period of the last year, which is a lot but i don't think as terrible as some folks who manage to go blonde gracefully.

thanks y'all!

(all photos my facebook)

04-08-2011
V.I.P.

^I'm a natural blonde, pretty light as well. I once died my hair a dark chocolate brown and got desperate to get rid of it so I had a friend, who's a hair stylist, simply bleach my hair in one go and the color was perfect. Three days later it became a nightmare. There was so much hair in my hands when I washed it that I panicked I was going bald. My hair had become so brittle that it didn't take much more than a gently stroke to have the ends break off. I spend half a year wrapping scarfs around my neck and hiding my hair underneath until I finally was brave enough to have it cut to a short bob.

To cut a long story short: be careful. Going lighter step by step is a far more healthier way to go. You might end up with red hair for a few weeks but looking at your pics that doesn't sound so bad.

Last edited by diesanni; 04-08-2011 at 04:58 PM.
05-08-2011
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

lafindesiecle, it definitely depends what on you're starting off with which is dyed brown, not so much natural color. but once you get back to blonde, it should be so much easier on upkeep. i agree with diesanni, definitely better to go lighter gradually. it's not impossible to do it quickly but it's hell on hair.

it probably won't be quick but if your hair is not too long it'll be faster. my hair was super long (below chi chi's), the upper half to two thirds or so is not hard to get to blonde. my hairdresser did heavier highlights each time i was in the salon. the ends are a challenge since it's old hair and processed the most. baby trims are the way to go when you see damaged ends, don't let it travel upwards

Pengy, Kenya might just do the trick! natural salt water / sea salt and sun bleach

Last edited by kissablekae; 05-08-2011 at 08:06 AM.
05-08-2011
backstage pass

^^kissableblekae, thanks! my hair is between collarbone and mid-back length, and i'm willing to cut off 2-3 inches when i dye it to deal with the damage and also just even out my wacky layers right now. i think if i can be blonde within a few months that'll be great i don't want it like solid platinum either, and want to leave some of the brown on the bottom layers for depth, which I think will also make it easier -- like maybe try to lift it a few levels to a lighter brown first, then get some highlights, then get more a month later, etc. i'm afraid it's going to be terribly expensive, but i also know that in the long run the upkeep is going to be cheaper because i'll be fine with letting my roots go a few months where now i run to the hairdresser in a panic every 4 weeks because i can't pull my hair back without looking really weird and patchy.

the highlights in my hair right now were bleached over this dark brown and are quite large chunks rather than single foils, and when i got those done it lifted very quickly, the hairdresser was actually surprised that it got so light in 20 min, which also gives me hope...the hair there doesn't seem any more damaged than the rest of my hair, which i think also bodes well, right?

i also have kind of a punk-ish style and so a little bit of damage won't bother me -- i don't want my hair breaking and falling off, but if it gets a little brittle and frizzy, i'm totally fine with that since i usually wear my hair kind of choppy and ratty to begin with, way more debbie harry than any of the lovely models posted here, haha. no delusions of long smooth silky locks here

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, blonde, hair, thread