How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-08-2011
trendsetter

I've been there, and my way of dealing with it was to just bleach the bejeezus out of it, which ruined it, but always looked great after. Good luck. Your natural color is really lovely.

09-08-2011
scenester

Abbey Lee's blonde
What toner/s would I use to achieve Abbey Lee's shade of blonde? I already have bleached blonde hair, I just need help in selecting the right toners!

Source: Herald Sun / Portmans

Last edited by lily.; 09-08-2011 at 02:44 AM.
09-08-2011
Adore You

lafindesiecle, that's good you're willing to cut of a few inches! it'll look much healthier that way after all the bleaching. the second time going Blonde with same HD, it only took me three months to get perfect Blonde roots with left over brown on the bottom. so i think you'll make your goal especially since the Blonde you already have wasn't hard to get and your overall hair is shorter than what i started with. Debbie Harry and punky is cute. yeah i have super straight hair naturally so when my highlights aren't perfect it's so obvious and fugly imo

Scarlett Johansson

Drew Barrymore

Rihanna

semplicementeio.org, whodatedwho, Fanpop (2), ology, Zimbio (2)

11-08-2011
rising star

Does anyone recommend a particular conditioner for blonde hair please? I had been using Redken but I think maybe it gives me spots- I may just be being paranoid, but I would welcome another suggestion. I have long virgin blonde hair if that helps

11-08-2011
trendsetter

Spots? How? is it making it brassy?

12-08-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl About Town View Post
Does anyone recommend a particular conditioner for blonde hair please? I had been using Redken but I think maybe it gives me spots- I may just be being paranoid, but I would welcome another suggestion. I have long virgin blonde hair if that helps
I also have long blonde untreated hair and I use John Frieda's Miraculous Recovery as intensive conditioner. Use it once a week and let it soak in longer than the recommended time, I take 1hr in a warm towel. Couldn't live without it anymore!

johnfrieda.co.uk

For a normal conditioner I use TIGI's Fashionista (you gotta love bubblegum smell though ). I don't have color treated hair but it's very light and I feel like it gets brassy from environment influences (pool water, tap water sometimes, traffic? Idk.) The Fashionista conditioner (I use the shampoo too) is making the hair sooo gentle, soft and keeps your color. Love it!

beautyshop24.de

Tell me if you try them and how they work on you!

ps: I should really start wondering why 80% of the things on my bathroom comes in a purple bottle. Weird :p

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
Spots? How? is it making it brassy?
I mean it's bringing me out in acne where my hair touches my face. I might just be being really paranoid, but it seems my skin has got worse since I started using it, so I thought I'd try something else and see if it makes a difference. I have stupidly sensitive skin!

12-08-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengy View Post
I also have long blonde untreated hair and I use John Frieda's Miraculous Recovery as intensive conditioner. Use it once a week and let it soak in longer than the recommended time, I take 1hr in a warm towel. Couldn't live without it anymore!

johnfrieda.co.uk

For a normal conditioner I use TIGI's Fashionista (you gotta love bubblegum smell though ). I don't have color treated hair but it's very light and I feel like it gets brassy from environment influences (pool water, tap water sometimes, traffic? Idk.) The Fashionista conditioner (I use the shampoo too) is making the hair sooo gentle, soft and keeps your color. Love it!

beautyshop24.de

Tell me if you try them and how they work on you!

ps: I should really start wondering why 80% of the things on my bathroom comes in a purple bottle. Weird :p
Thank you for your suggestions If it makes you feel better, all my bottles in the bathroom seem to be pink or golden :p

12-08-2011
backstage pass

Hey long, blonde, untreated hair buddies!!

I use a fairly cheap shampoo and conditioner, the Suave Naturals line. But I take all of the product out of the bottles, mix in a tablespoon or two of olive oil, and wash and dry as usual.

it's improved my hair soooo much <3 it's softer, it moves much better, it's far less frizzy... and that's such a cheap solution, especially if you already have olive oil around.

and I wash my hair every other day and let it air dry since heat can be so damaging.

trendsetter

Ahhh ok, I was picturing spots on your hair. Sorry! Maybe avoid conditioners with Silicones? Since your hair is not color treated, you probably can use a really basic, organic shampoo and conditioner and be fine.

12-08-2011
V.I.P.

The "Daddy-O" shampoo by Lush is great for blonde hair. I use it only once a week because it really strips your hair off everything and I think it would be very drying if used regularly. It cleanses thoroughly and leaves your hair squeaky clean and shiny and neutralises any discoloration.

Last edited by diesanni; 12-08-2011 at 05:39 PM.
12-08-2011
trendsetter

There's a Lush store near my office - maybe I will try that. . I was using Herbal Essences Hello Hydration s&c but switched to the body/volume one because the hydration one was making my hair greasy. It's a big improvement. I haven't washed my hair since Wednesday. I just massage my scalp really well in the shower and rinse. I'd like to continue to shampoo it less often, since I think it dries my ends out, the bottom two inches are kind of damaged, I've been in 'hair rehab' for like a year now.

12-08-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily. View Post
What toner/s would I use to achieve Abbey Lee's shade of blonde? I already have bleached blonde hair, I just need help in selecting the right toners!

Source: Herald Sun / Portmans
hey there! I've had bleached blonde hair for a pretty long time now and it's taken me quite awhile to get the right products down pat, but I can honestly say that using a purple shampoo has done soooo much more for my hair than a toner, I just use AG silver lights shampoo and it makes my hair the most beautiful white shade and if it comes out a little too silvery all it takes is another shampoo with regular shampoo to get it back to a less silver color, toner can also be very drying, unless you use the manic panic toner (which in my opinion did absolutely nothing to my hair, pointless!), wheres as the purple shampoo is actually quite moisturizing

12-08-2011
trendsetter

I liked the Manic Panic toner, but it was not long lasting at all, and timing had to be perfect otherwise it went Lavender when left in too long.

12-08-2011
windowshopping

Oh really? Strange because for me I left it in for almost 2 hours and it made absolutely no change to my hair whatsoever. Hair is so finnicky though, it's a lot of trial and error to find what works for you.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, blonde, hair, thread