How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-09-2011
trendsetter

Hmm. a glaze,
but maybe your stylist can comp you one?

01-09-2011
trendsetter

FASHIONLOVA, use purple shampoo. I used that too because my hightlights were too obvious. And it worked nicely.
I used the L'oreal professional one, don't know what's it called exactly.

02-09-2011
backstage pass

yeah, i don't know if washing hair is going to help with fading highlights -- if they're lighter, there isn't going to be a lot of colour to rinse out! are they too bright, too brassy, too blue, or just too streaky? if it's too streaky, it could be your stylist's application -- the worst is when people just put highlights in horizonally as stripes going out right from the part instead of varying the applications and hiding where they put the foils... ughck.

@dauphine's idea of a glaze would help, most stylists are pretty nice about fixing colour if you aren't super happy the day after or so! maybe just get something to tone them down a little closer to your base until they grow out a bit and it all fades together. if they're too brassy this purple shampoo idea will help too, but if it's just "too light" then i think you're going to have to tone or get a glaze or just wait til they grow a little.

02-09-2011
trendsetter

Is that really like, a 'thing' with highlights, where there's always a phase that they're too contrast-y right after getting them done?
I haven't done highlights in a salon in ages, but I'm starting to toy with the idea, so I'm curious.

02-09-2011
V.I.P.

I think all color needs some time before it looks natural. I've always felt insecure about my hair the first few days after refreshing the color because it looked so perfectly unnatural. I wouldn't worry too much, it's going to fade eventually.

Last edited by diesanni; 02-09-2011 at 06:01 PM.
04-09-2011
V.I.P.

thanx guys for the tips

i ended up buying purple shampoo originally for grey hair by a brand called Previa. i used it once so far and i think it worked a bit. i'm gonna keep using it until my highlights blend in.
the awkward phase of new highlights is always like this, they do look too well done and i'd rather they'd look few weeks old.

06-09-2011
trendsetter

Ugh. I cut my bangs on Friday, they're way too short. I should know better by now.
On the plus side, most of the damage has been trimmed out of my hair, my color is looking really good - my roots are coming in and they blend pretty perfectly, so I won't need to damage it any further, I just need to remember to keep the scissors away from the bangs.

06-09-2011
backstage pass

I was given a try out set from Hairdreams recently. It's actually for permanent extensions but I still tried it... and it's so good! Anyone else having experiences with it? (How is shampoo made for extensions different from other shampoo anyway?)

There isn't a special blonde line but I think it's very gentle, moisturizing and not color affecting (plus it's awesome when you have long hair... I usually spend 10mins to comb it after washing but don't want to use conditioner everytime).

modefriseurpohl.de

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
Ugh. I cut my bangs on Friday, they're way too short. I should know better by now.
On the plus side, most of the damage has been trimmed out of my hair, my color is looking really good - my roots are coming in and they blend pretty perfectly, so I won't need to damage it any further, I just need to remember to keep the scissors away from the bangs.
Oh I feel you! I HATED that back when I had bangs (<<< which was the absolute worst decision for my face anyway). They always cut them way too short and I looked even more like an idiot

Good that you've gotten rid the damages now though! The best thing about hair is that it always grows with time

backstage pass

@dauphine re: highlights being too contrasty -- no, not always, and if you tell your stylist you don't want it streaky they can do it and make it not streaky like that! highlights is basically just a partial foil and there's a billion ways to do that. for example -- horizontally sectioned foils done with a strong developer on dark hair left to sit for 45 minutes without toner is going to look chunky and contrasty, where maybe some balayage around the face with a weaker bleach or some sort of triangle section at the crown that's toned to a golden brown afterwards isn't going to be streaky either. or you can do the highlights sork of peek-a-boo style, like leave the hair at your part not dyed, so that the lighter hair isn't so obvious right at the crown and you have more "dimension" than "lighter strips" and also get less obvious roots, you know?

i am really big on telling my stylist if i'm not psyched on something, since pretty often they are more than happy to mix up some toner right there and fix it rather than you thiking you should 'wait a few weeks until you like it!' that's part of why i'd pay to go to a salon rather than doing it myself, because they can get so specific with it!

i think a lot of girls probably show up all "i want highlights!" and their stylist just does some icky foils right along the part without really talking about the effect they want and it looks super obvious like that, you know? i'd just make sure you know what you want (bring photos!) and trust your stylist first!

09-09-2011
Riot Bug

Done today! from Summer trash brunette to repairing makeover back to blonde + going back to Keune hair products. I so loved them!
I've also changed Stylists & I'm so blown away by the amazing change!

(sorry for the poor quality pic)

V.I.P.

^I'm in love with your fringe. The color looks great as well!

Riot Bug

^Cheers... i was hesitating but this awesome hairdresser was like... "you really should get it back..." since i showed her a pic of old hairdos... and she did a great job... honestly my hair was beyond disastrous before this and now its soft and nice... gotta take a better shot of it

front row

Wow I really love that topic!

I've decided to join you, because my adventure with blonde hair is very long.. my hair is naturally rather light (around 8Level, ash ) and very thin. I can't have any extentions because my hair wouldn't survive the treatment.

I once was a brunette ( when I was around 16-18), then I have decided to go blonde, and so far, I've been a light blonde.

Now I have decided to do ombre hair in blonde (the base is darker, the ends stayed the same from previous bleaching).

I must admit, I don't feel good about the colour, which is a bit too ashy - it looks greenish/greish in light.
I would LOVE to get my hair even darker, like 7 level, natural dark blonde/mokka blonde, like Monika Jac's.

Some of my friends say I will look terrible with darker shade, and it wouldnt suit be because I'm extremely pale.
What do you guys think?

First photo - before ombre
Second photo - after ombre
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04.jpg (54.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG03258-20110910-1856.jpg (35.0 KB, 6 views)

scenester

^ Judging by the two photos, I think you rock both colors! Maybe the ombre one even better - your hair looks shinier and smoother. I'm sure you would look just as great with even darker hair

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, blonde, hair, thread