How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-10-2011
backstage pass

hey guys!!
i am back from kenya now... what a perfect trip!!! god how much i miss africa everytime i come home again - wanna go back

anyway here is a pic of me after the 1st week. my hair got really close to white due to the sun & sea and i got an awesome tan at the end
my hair only looks a bit messy on the foto cause it was very windy.
(oh and pls dont mind the b*tch stare on my face, had a hard time holding on to my 7th or 9th gin tonic -malaria protection u know- and trying not to look as sh*tfaced as i was lol ...dunno if that worked out)

my photobucket

03-10-2011
trendsetter

Welcome back! Hair looks great!

04-10-2011
V.I.P.

Are your roots pink?? Even not, I like the thought.

backstage pass

haha lol no, it's just a massive sunburn ;D

Free Spirit | Wild Heart

^ aw poor baby!
great color

06-10-2011
Riot Bug

^loving the color pengy
i'm currently on my way back to the blonde path... and still having like a brownie/dirt blonde... I want it maybe not as blondie as yours but yep way more blondie that I'm currently in... patience... sight

backstage pass

i am STILL trying to get an appointment for hair modelling to go blonde since that stupid hurricane ruined my last one! it's so expensive to pay for it....every quote i got here said it was going to cost me $300-400, which I DEFINITELY cannot afford... gah!

i guess the good thing is that my roots have grown out a few inches and the dark brown i dyed my hair in june has faded back down to a lighter ordinary brown, maybe a level 5 now (my natural is around a 6-7 dirty blonde) so i guess it will be easier to lift now?? i haven't dyed my hair in 4 or 5 months now too, which should minimize damage, right?

07-10-2011
Riot Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafindesiecle View Post
i am STILL trying to get an appointment for hair modelling to go blonde since that stupid hurricane ruined my last one! it's so expensive to pay for it....every quote i got here said it was going to cost me $300-400, which I DEFINITELY cannot afford... gah!

i guess the good thing is that my roots have grown out a few inches and the dark brown i dyed my hair in june has faded back down to a lighter ordinary brown, maybe a level 5 now (my natural is around a 6-7 dirty blonde) so i guess it will be easier to lift now?? i haven't dyed my hair in 4 or 5 months now too, which should minimize damage, right?
yeeeeh that's awful expensive! maybe if you go gradually is not only less damaging but also more affordable like pay a bit more each time so the pocket doesn't suffer that much... anyway you gave your hair plenty of rest... still going from dark colours to blonde it takes time... at least on my case, cause my hair is so thin so I gotta spend way much money on hair care products... maybe (I could say almost like for sure!! haha) your hair is stronger so it can take it better... anyway... try to go baby steps and never fell for bargains... I did and my hair suffered the consequences... go to a hair saloon you trust... and maybe recover the color on baby steps...

Riot Bug

I know I gotta hold some patience... specially when I don't wanna shorten it up but... I really miss my lighter blond... now I'm having a dark one which is nice but let's hope next month I can make a lighter step...

Now (excuse my mean face shot)

As lighter (before all kind of colour changes) (excuse the silly pic)

front row

^^ how light do you want to go this time?

08-10-2011
Riot Bug

^As on the silly pic would be good enough

trendsetter

They both suit you, but that blonde shade looks great!

14-10-2011
Riot Bug

^ thanks dauphine both are pretty argh pictures haha...i'm just so unpleased with the color in between blond/light brunette...

backstage pass

blonde finally!

i just sucked it up and paid for a double-process... i was so disappointed because the girl got about 75% of my hair the most perfect pale ash blonde, exactly what i wanted, but couldn't get the very tips lighter, even after bleaching it twice... so she glazed it all with this slightly darker blonde (ironically, it's basically my natural colour) and told me to sit on it for another month or so and that next time we could get it to the colour i wanted! i like it and i'm glad i'm on the way there (it took FIVE HOURS to do this!) but it was just so disappointing seeing most of my hair exactly the shade i wanted and then having to give it up so that it blended! sigh...

now!
i'm not psyched on it and the colour is a liiiiitttle bit weird but as a halfway point i'm fine with dealing with it for a month or so...

this was the before so she did lighten it quite a bit.

and forgive me for posting photos of avril lavigne (OH GOD EW), but this is the colour i'm going for! hopefully next time...

Last edited by lafindesiecle; 17-10-2011 at 10:33 AM.
17-10-2011
V.I.P.

ediewho & lafindesiecle, you both have amazing hair and I'm really into that darker blonde shade you both currently have. You both look great

I want to go lighter again, too. But since my hair is always very dried out in winter I think I'll wait till next spring before I bleach it

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, blonde, hair, thread