How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-03-2011
rising star

I recently tried Redken Blonde Glam shampoo, and so far I like it a lot-it doesn't have purple pigment or anything but it still enhances my blonde, which was just what I was after really.

17-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
^
Yeah. Mine was white when I was a kid. I miss my kid-hair.
I'm a little freaked out by this because this so could be a pic of me at that age.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
I'm a little freaked out by this because this so could be a pic of me at that age.
LOL. Nothing says 'fun childhood' like having my (brunette) mom pet my hair, and tell me that people pay 'thousands' to get my hair color.

18-03-2011
xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkonya View Post
Blonde Men
Mathias Lauridsen

Bellazon

Last edited by kissablekae; 18-03-2011 at 12:58 PM.
18-03-2011
xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkonya View Post
Thank you, kissablekae!
How`s your hair doing? Got blonder? Done anything new?
I`ve seen a lot of your posts on the old thread, and i must admit you are looking perfect with blonde hair!

PS: something like ashley bensons colour is what i`m aiming to get in a few weeks..hope it will turn out right
i love Ashley Benson's hair on the show Pretty Little Liars
they leave a bit of her natural roots in there, blends very nicely

thank you dearie i haven't done anything new to my hair, it faded to a lighter brown. i never planned on doing the Blonde thing a third time...that's why i wasn't very happy when my hair went so dark when i was nearly done with it, hairdresser dropped the baton right before the finish line i don't know what i'm going to do with my hair next, i'm not inspired at the moment

January Jones

Glam Blush, FHM, Celeb Salon, Zimbio

18-03-2011
trendsetter

Here's a pic of my current hair. It always looks so orange in pics. I hate that. Also, I have to wash it obsessively, because grease shows on it like a beige sofa.

18-03-2011
V.I.P.

^I can't see your pic.

I thought of this thread and the little discussion we had here a while ago when watching Germany's Next Topmodel recently ().

In the makeover episode this Asian girl went from having very dark brown hair to having almost platinum blonde hair in one day Personally I think the new hair looks amazing on her

prosieben

18-03-2011
scenester

^ i agree! she looks great

18-03-2011
xx

hi Psylocke

yeah the convo right before the new thread started. i feel like that topic came up every once in a while. i don't mind people critiquing hair color based on their own aesthetics (preferences) but based on race * shaking my head * ...this is very diverse, global forum, ultimately a fashion forum and that sh!t just doesn't fly with me

at the end of the day ~ Lighten Up, It's Just Fashion ~

i like her new hair as well, it gives her a bit of an edge and that kind of change just gets better over time when they are able to tone more etc. i would lighten / dye / tint her brows to complete the look, i don't miss doing that on myself but some models just let it be and it doesn't hurt their careers. i love watching all of the NTM shows, i tried watching GNTM in the past but i need subtitles!

Last edited by kissablekae; 18-03-2011 at 02:21 PM.
18-03-2011
trendsetter

That is a great transformation. It makes her look to dang edgy - in a good way.

18-03-2011
V.I.P.

I actually like her long hair better, but I guess it's because I'm obsessed with long hair these days. I do like the blonde color tho and I think it goes quite well with her skin tone.

Obviously I agree with kissablekae I really hate when ppl are all: you want to be white just because you bleached your hair

V.I.P.

^Hahaha, I know. Bleaching your hair just means you want to get blonde, not deny your ethnic background or try to be white or whatever. It's so ridiculous to assume that. And kind of snobbish, too. It's like saying 'Back off b*tches, blonde is only for us Caucasians.'

I definitely think she looks edgier now, too. At first I was like 'Noooo, don't cut off her beautiful hair' because it was really gorgeous. So long and healthy. She was so proud of her long hair and I thought Heidi Klum just wanted to chop off and bleach her hair because there were no other big transformations in the makeover episode and she needed to do something shocking. But she was totally right about the blonde bob giving her more of an edge and it making her stand out more

Hi Kae How have you been?
I love all the NTM shows, too. Though I've stopped watching the American edition. There's too many seasons already, I couldn't keep up with it. GNTM is fun, I always swear to myself I wouldn't waste my time on it anymore but it's just too addicting
And yep, I hope Sihe will tone her hair and maybe go even a bit lighter as well. But I actually kind of like the darker eyebrows on her

18-03-2011
xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
I actually like her long hair better, but I guess it's because I'm obsessed with long hair these days. I do like the blonde color tho and I think it goes quite well with her skin tone.

Obviously I agree with kissablekae I really hate when ppl are all: you want to be white just because you bleached your hair

i would've liked to see her with longer hair as well but a lot of the Asian fashion models tend to have either very short or long Blonde look, i guess the bob is a nice change. her hair looks pretty healthy at that length

if someone wanted attribute bleaching to Blonde to wanting to be someone else, i would have said "don't flatter yourself". i don't see that happening in my area because it's so racially integrated here but ignorant folk lurk everywhere! i'd be like "get out of town!" and mean it literally because you really chose the wrong place to live!

18-03-2011
xx

Psylocke, i agree with the snobbery. that kind of thinking boggles my mind, i feel like we're going back in time think Fashion Forward!

i feel as gloomy as the rainy weather here i do need to make a decision about my hair in the coming weeks though, roots are going to start to bother me. ANTM is boring this season, some girl got a crazy Blonde Ramen noodle lookin' weave though i like the Australian version as well

yeah i think the natural dark brows will work for the more editorial look they are probably trying to go for. plus Asians usually lack the brow ridge, it's trueeee you gotta have something to frame the face. lighter hair would be nice too

Daul Kim (RIP)

Rila Fukushima

Blogger, Wonderland Express

SookYeong wordpress, Fashion Gone Rogue, Wonderland Express (2)

Last edited by kissablekae; 18-03-2011 at 04:51 PM.
18-03-2011
trendsetter

This is a whole other bag of problems, but I happen to be blonde, as well as jewish, and hoo boy, people think it's totally PC to tell me I could have 'totally survived WW2.'

Grrr.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, blonde, hair, thread