How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
^That sounds... like it might work.

Honestly, I suck at styling. My hair is so thin that even coming in eye-sight with a blow dryer frightens it so bad that it suffers from a nervous breakdown... so I stick to air-drying and pins. And hairspray on those really bad ignored-the-alarm-and-running-very-late days.
I feel you on that one. My hair is super-fine and always dry but I also happen to have way too much hair It's so difficult to style with a blow dryer or mousse or something so I just straighten it every day out of laziness and lack of good ideas what to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissablekae View Post
Daul worked the Blonde

Psylocke, omg it does look like Xtina's!
my friend rocked a short cut like the blogger's but she didn't do full Blonde, just peek-a-boo pieces underneath, sometimes she added funky colors too. how has your hair been?
I see a girl at the bus station with that hairstyle (the platinum short cut I mean, not the Aguilera mop ) every day and I'm so jealous. I might just try it someday, too. I love the idea of having such short hair and doing lots of crazy stuff with it all the time!
My hair sucks at the moment. It grows so fast it's already very long again and has no body and the layering has sort of grown out too and I hate it. The color looks sh*t, too It's still black with some purple. In desperate need for another change!
Right now I'm obsessed with the idea of having multi-colored hair like this:

zinio.com

I'd love to have almost white hair as a base and just put in thin streaks in different colors (maybe black and purple or peacock blue or something). And I want to cut it a bit shorter to something like this:

zinio.com

Now I only need time and money to get my butt to a hairdresser and get all of that done :p

And you are sticking to having darker hair for now or are you looking for a new salon to get into the "work in progress"-stage again?

20-03-2011
trendsetter

^
I think the shaggy cut is really cute, I am in the process of growing my hair out to something like that. IMO, your hair is long, so when you cut it, don't cut it so short that you can't put it up in a ponytail. But that's just me, I am rehabbing a pixie cut at the moment.

20-03-2011
V.I.P.

^I'm actually the opposite. I always leave the salon thinking my hair's still too long and I should have chopped off more I like my hair shoulder long or even shorter because I have a long-ish face yet my hairdresser always seems worried about cutting it too short so I end up looking pretty much the same as before when getting my hair cut. And I get pissed off about paying for a hair cut when I know I'll have to get it cut again a month later I like more drastic changes :p

20-03-2011
Adore You

same here, i'm lazy as hale when it comes to styling / blow drying etc

i like the idea of the multicolored hair and the short cut! i'm the same as you but in the opposite way. i usually want to keep my hair long so i always bring in photos of hairstyles that are longer than mine as a growth goal and remind my HD of that. maybe if you show your HD that cut, they will finally realize they can take off more! so hard to bleach through dark dyes but if you wanna go light, it's good that you aren't scared of short styles because they can get rid of all the damage that comes with the bleach.

it might be the gloomy weather but i'm kind of down for dark hair at the moment but i don't know if i'll feel the same way when Spring rolls around...LOL "spring rolls" . my dilemma is i don't really love any specific hair color at the moment. plus i'm way lazy with makeup, do not want to be channeling Wednesday Addams i'm kind of open to the idea shorter hair right now too (it's medium-long? at the moment) but i don't want to look younger

20-03-2011
trendsetter

I've been wearing my hair in a teeny stub ponytail, and basically letting it sit with deep conditioner on it all day when I have nowhere to be. Now that it's in a ponytail it's staying that way for awhile. I am actually not getting any highlights/salon stuff done to it until it's past my shoulders. I'm going to spend a lot of time at the beach this summer hopefully, so maybe I will be able to have my blonde hair at a more natural route.

21-03-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
LOL. Nothing says 'fun childhood' like having my (brunette) mom pet my hair, and tell me that people pay 'thousands' to get my hair color.
LOL! that was the same in my case!
my mom`s a natural brunette with such a dark black hair that it even has blueish shade in natural light..
when i was a child she was proud of having a naturally blonde girl, and even now she keeps on reminding me how much money others spend to get my natural colour..and why is it that i have to pay as well to get it blonder!??!?

22-03-2011
In Bloom

Your mums are quite something I guess it's not that special being a blonde kid in Denmark

we were in love

22-03-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
Your mums are quite something I guess it's not that special being a blonde kid in Denmark
I have some crazy pictures of my hair from a summer when I was about 13 that I spent every day at the beach. My hair got white. My sister is positively brown. Maybe I was adopted.

22-03-2011
V.I.P.

^Well, these two cuties are actually twins so you shouldn't worry too much.

spiegel.de

trendsetter

Awww. They're so cute!

23-03-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
Lol, then maybe in Denmark something special would be having such a brunette mom

23-03-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
I have some crazy pictures of my hair from a summer when I was about 13 that I spent every day at the beach. My hair got white. My sister is positively brown. Maybe I was adopted.
Here we go, resembling again
I come from a family where everyone has black or dark chestnut hair colour, very thick hair texture, and dark brown eyes.
I`m a dark blonde with green/grey eyes and thin silky hair texture.
At the age of 10 i started raising question @home.
It seems i`ve inharited my half german grandma. Cool. So at least that`s how they keep on tricking me!

23-03-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
^Well, these two cuties are actually twins so you shouldn't worry too much.

**Don't Quote Pictures
spiegel.de
Twins?
This explains then me and my brunette brother!
They are really cute together!

Last edited by saann; 23-03-2011 at 09:15 AM.
23-03-2011
scenester

Continuing the subject of non-caucasian blondes, here are a few nice ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blonde-asian2.jpg (21.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 56788846.jpg (36.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg darkskinblond3.jpg (76.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg tyra2.jpg (60.9 KB, 2 views)

23-03-2011
scenester

I found a few strange non-caucasian cases of natural blond hair.
Amazing!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 347700772_001cf79f3a.jpg (136.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FairHairedMalaitanKidWithTattoo.jpg (68.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 295794_Blonde_jpg.jpg (24.5 KB, 182 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, blonde, hair, thread