How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-03-2011
V.I.P.

This is totally random but I need to share this: plain shea butter (plain, as in just that, no other oils or perfume added) is the most amazing hair (and skin) treatment ever. I leave it in over night and wash my hair throughoutly the next morning. It's gets incredibly soft and full and strong.

31-03-2011
V.I.P.

I am in love with this Finnish blogger's hair http://uinon.blogspot.com/
It is absolutely gorgeous, the perfect blonde colour. Now I am back wanting to go blonde again. I just need to remind myself about the negative sides. But the summer is coming and it would be so nice to be blonde! God, I cant make up my mind.

31-03-2011
V.I.P.

I can't really pay attention to her hair (which looks incredibly fake to me, sorry!!), her nails scare me too much.

trendsetter

My hair was light brown, and I wanted blonde again (I'm a natural ash blonde), and every hairstylist I've been to told me it would be best to do a balayage. So I got one, and now my hair is yellow. Seriously yellow gold. I know I have to go back in a few weeks to get it done again, but my hair looks awful atm and I don't want to come out of the house!

I got the purple shampoo by l'Oréal, and the contioner.

feelunique

I hope this will make it less yellow. Any other tips ?

01-04-2011
scenester

Good luck FleurDeLys.
I love Schwarzkopf BC (Bonacure) Color Save Hair Therapy
Silver Shampoo. You can also add an extra few drops of Gentian Violet
to the shampoo.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLys View Post
My hair was light brown, and I wanted blonde again (I'm a natural ash blonde), and every hairstylist I've been to told me it would be best to do a balayage. So I got one, and now my hair is yellow. Seriously yellow gold. I know I have to go back in a few weeks to get it done again, but my hair looks awful atm and I don't want to come out of the house!

I got the purple shampoo by l'Oréal, and the contioner.

feelunique

Be very careful with at time when applying the shampoo.
If you keep it too much on your hair it might turn out silver/grey or in the worst case, if you don`t massage the shampoo well enough on your hair, it might turn violet in some areas.

Good luck and tell us the results!

01-04-2011
scenester

I have done a professional photo shooting this week, so i can present you my hair now in some very clear high quality pictures (some in the studio, some in natural light).

At the same time i would really need some advice.
I have a fixed idea that some more contrast would work nice for me. When i say contrast, i mean an overall lighter blonde, from the golden spectrum (but not a warm one). As my natural hair has ashy cold tones, i figure a colder lighter blonde should be ok.
What do you girls think? Should i go for it, or keep it this way?
I`m planning to visit the salon next week and i would like to add a change, but i`m afraid to ruin what i have now. I know, i`m a chicken..
Help! :p

Here i am:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4564_1_FSpot.JPG (361.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4464_1_FSpot.JPG (424.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0158_1_FSpot.JPG (344.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0047_1_FSpot.JPG (453.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0152_1_FSpot.JPG (392.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0177_1_FSpot.JPG (421.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0171_1_FSpot.JPG (421.2 KB, 2 views)

01-04-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurDeLys View Post

Wella toner! It mixes in a 1:2 ratio with developer, any will do, but 10 or 20 vol works best on me. I use Wella t18 white lady on my hair every few months. There's a lot of iron in my tap water, it makes my hair really yellow over time.

02-04-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkonya View Post
I have done a professional photo shooting this week, so i can present you my hair now in some very clear high quality pictures (some in the studio, some in natural light).

At the same time i would really need some advice.
I have a fixed idea that some more contrast would work nice for me. When i say contrast, i mean an overall lighter blonde, from the golden spectrum (but not a warm one). As my natural hair has ashy cold tones, i figure a colder lighter blonde should be ok.
What do you girls think? Should i go for it, or keep it this way?
I`m planning to visit the salon next week and i would like to add a change, but i`m afraid to ruin what i have now. I know, i`m a chicken..
Help! :p

Here i am:
Don't change what you have now, that color is gorgeous! it looks really natural and any lighter wouldn't work as nicely with you skin tone.

trendsetter

Getting highlights tomorrow! Everything is coming up Milhouse!

04-04-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Cube View Post
Don't change what you have now, that color is gorgeous! it looks really natural and any lighter wouldn't work as nicely with you skin tone.
Thanks, but i`m not sure yet what i`m gonna do next.
I would like very much a lighter natural looking tone..maybe some more thin natural looking highlights, as an overall lighter tone.
Anyway, i have an appointment on Thursday at the salon, so it might be that i`ll end up following my hairdressers inspiration @that moment..

04-04-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
Getting highlights tomorrow! Everything is coming up Milhouse!
Good luck, Dauphine! :-)
Share the result with us, please!

cheers!

04-04-2011
trendsetter

Thank you all for your advice but I decided to back to the salon, I was afraid if I would do something to it myself, I would mess it up. So I went back and she put something on it (I think a toner) to make it less yellow. It's still not an ash blonde but more like a california beach blonde. It's not what I want but something I can live with. Hopefully it turns out more like an ash blonde the next time I go in...

04-04-2011
trendsetter

i went in to the salon this morning, actually got balayage done, because my stylist said it would look better than foils so my hair is so layered. We are discussing it, and I mention that I really like HER hair, which is a faded mauve-pink, and she was like 'oh we do this in the salon' I got all 'me too! me too!' about it So after the balayage she sectioned off some of my hair and painted the pink on. That was on my hair for about 5 minutes. It looks really good. She maintains the pink on herself by doing highlights and then pink over it every few months. I want an even bigger section of pink though. Definitely getting some funky colors in my hair next time I get highlights.

04-04-2011
V.I.P.

^we need pics!! we need pics!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, blonde, hair, thread