How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-08-2006
fashion elite

yes, its only highlights on my natural color! aww and thanks! thats so nice of you to say

22-08-2006
front row

I am not blonde,but I think beige,brown,sand and gold colours look very good on blondes

22-08-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonieAlexandria
yes, its only highlights on my natural color! aww and thanks! thats so nice of you to say
thanks for reply!
Another question: how often do you retouch the roots? and do you use any toner between applications? or that gorgeous color lasts until the next visit to salon?

22-08-2006
V.I.P.

LeonieAlexandria your hair looks gorgeous!

My natural hair is black and I bleach it. Actually my mom does it. I guess I've been lucky because it's still healthy and I love the color, it looks exactly like Claudia Schiffer's hair, like in post #65, same color, same hair cut, same texture and length. I take good care of it. Only problem is my hair grows too fast and if I wait for four weeks to retouch the roots I end up with more than an inch of black roots, so I can't wait that long. Also lately I've been developing some sort of allergy towards the bleach itself , nothing too severe, but if it gets more severe I will have to stop bleaching, at least for a while, and consider a dark blonde with highlights instead. I'm thinking dark ash blonde with very light ash blonde highlights .

24-08-2006
fashion elite

^ that sounds like a good idea and thanks for the compliment

Geraldine, here's what I do.

I go to the hairdresser every 3 months for colour, every 5 months for cut ( I know most people say thats not often enough, esp. because my hair is thick and long but I use good products for the endings!)
and that's enough for me. Most important is that you use a very good mask or conditioner ( if you've dry hair like me ). There are many that bring out the colour nicely too. Just ask the hairdresser. I dont have very dark roots, my hair is naturally dirty blonde so it's ok. If it bothers me alot I'll wear a headband or sunglasses in my hair or a ponytail.

25-08-2006
scenester

my hairs a natural grey ashy blonde. but i dyed it dark brown "biggest mistake". i got the hairdresser too colour it back to a very light and natural platinum-ish blonde. now i just use an ash toner and it blends in the platinum and my natural ash colour so well, it looks so natural, now i just grow it out.

my aim was for julia stegners hair back in 2003-mid 04

25-08-2006
windowshopping

LeonieAlexandria, thanks for your tips. I go to colour (full foils) my roots every 6 weeks. But everyone whom I know go as well as you every 3 months. I feel that frequent colouring is just too much for my hair. :-(

12-10-2006
trendsetter

This is my hair, but i'd like to dye it, to make it a bit lighter, but i dunno what should i use. I really like Julia's hair, i want the same color.

12-10-2006
front row

^Oh my god, Stasha, i am so jealous of your beautiful hair! Dont change it at all! It already looks fantastic!

12-01-2007
fashion elite

I want Reese Witherspoons haircolour!

12-01-2007
front row

I have really blonde hair, and I love red. It usually looks pretty good on me. But I love how black looks on blonde too, the contrast is just pretty to me. Bright summery colors always look nice too though!

Last edited by kellyisazebra; 12-01-2007 at 04:19 PM.

18-09-2007
lovely but empty

Maybe this should go in Paint that Face, but screw that. For those of you with really really light blonde, how do you wear red lipstick without looking like a slut? I've seen it pulled off many times, but when I try it it's horrible.

19-09-2007
rising star

lola belle, I wear red lipstick all the time regardless of what my hair colour is doing! I've been all shades of blonde but currently am at my natural colour (medium ashy blonde).

I think red lipstick works on those with very light blonde hair if (a) the lipstick is the only obvious makeup you have on (little to no eye makeup or blush); and (b) your skintone, the tone of the blonde in your hair and the tone of your red lipstick match up. It also helps if you have decent (not necessarily perfect) skin. The combination of red lipstick and little to no pigment in your hair will make any imperfection on your face stand out.

This is me when my hair was very very light. Even though my skin is in ok condition there, you can still see (well, I can still see) spots etc that are highlighted by the lipstick and my light hair colour.

18-10-2007
scenester

I have natural blonde hair. But, every year it turns darker. I had Platine blonde and now I have blonde like Carmens:

19-10-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by joie View Post
lola belle, I wear red lipstick all the time regardless of what my hair colour is doing! I've been all shades of blonde but currently am at my natural colour (medium ashy blonde).

I think red lipstick works on those with very light blonde hair if (a) the lipstick is the only obvious makeup you have on (little to no eye makeup or blush); and (b) your skintone, the tone of the blonde in your hair and the tone of your red lipstick match up. It also helps if you have decent (not necessarily perfect) skin. The combination of red lipstick and little to no pigment in your hair will make any imperfection on your face stand out.

This is me when my hair was very very light. Even though my skin is in ok condition there, you can still see (well, I can still see) spots etc that are highlighted by the lipstick and my light hair colour.

I wear red lipstick often too and I agree-make it the only visable makeup that you are wearing. I just do a little mascara and sometimes (but not usually) blush....

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blonde, hair, thread