The Blonde Hair Thread - Page 63 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
23-11-2010
V.I.P.

yep, I call that blonde too! not only the platinum blondes count!

23-11-2010
front row

i see her hair as light brown with some red in it.

23-11-2010
V.I.P.

I think Miley is a blonde, and that colour is amazing.
But now, seriously I need to stop coming to this thread, as I just made up my mind to go dark again but coming here makes me want to stay blonde!

23-11-2010
xx

^ seriously! it was the same for me when i went back to brun

i like that Miley went more Jennifer Aniston and not "Hollywood Blonde", that type of color suits them and their coloring

24-11-2010
xx

Abbey Lee Kershaw

style.it

24-11-2010
trendsetter

Her eyes . Abbey is gorgeous. Beautiful hair. I hate the platinum blonde she has now .

24-11-2010
xx

she's working the platinum at times but i still prefer Abbey with her old hair color too

28-11-2010
fashion icon

Abbey's natural hair color was so perfect. She does look cute with platinum hair too.. but her old color was so much better

28-11-2010
V.I.P.

I'll post my question here because the bleach experts all seem to be in this thread instead of the platinum one :p

I want to have platinum blonde streaks in my brown hair so I can dye the streaks in different colors. I bleached it with Schwarzkopf Blonde Ultra Lightener and it turned out all reddish blonde. I know this can happen, especially when you have a lot of red pigments in you hair like I do. But I guess I'll just try again and bleach over it once (or even twice) more? How long would I have to wait until I can try again? My hair looks quite horrid at the moment

29-11-2010
xx

psylocke, it's probably best to not go completely platinum blonde with the streaks, platinum has more trouble holding color because of all of the holes.

my friends have done DIY steaks like that too, i think if you get it light and pure enough(not yellow), it should take the colors in just fine.

probably shouldn't go pass the time it says on the bottle (depends on the volume you are using, 30 vol usually need for brown hair) and watch your hair to see how it's changing while the bleach is on.

if your hair is in good condition, wait a week before you rebleach. in the mean time, deep condition your hair.

my hairdresser friend was testing my hair strength last time. you take a strand of the bleached hair, wrap each end of the hair around your index fingers and pull, if its taut stays straight/wavy(whatever your hair type), it it's bouncy like spaghetti or your curls/waves stretch out then it's not healthy enough to rebleach.

Last edited by kissablekae; 29-11-2010 at 09:52 PM.

30-11-2010
V.I.P.

Thank you so much for your answer
I bought the Stargazer 30vol bleach kit which I read works very good on dark hair without damaging it too much. TBH I don't really care that much about slightly messing up my hair, I've been dying it for so long it's not in best condition anyway. But a friend of mine wanted to go from dyed black to platinum blonde and re-bleached her heir every day until it was light enough and her hair was fried, it looked really gross and I don't want that to happen

I guess I'll have to wait until next week to bleach it again. It's really difficult to be so patient and put so much effort into doing this right when I know I'll get tired of having those streaks in two weeks anyway. I never stick to one hair style or color for that long The last time I had blonde streaks in my hair I had it done at a salon and paid $200 for it, only to put black dye over it 3 weeks later.

Again, thank you so much for your tips. You know so much about hair it's incredible! You've been very helpful

30-11-2010
xx

you're welcome & no problemo!

yeah a little bit of damage is expected but definitely DNW(do not want) that ~ spaghetti hair ~ or fried 'hay' hair otherwise known as "the point of no return". where it doesn't matter if they dye it back to dark, it'll always look bad and just needs to be chopped off.

your friend's story reminds me of my friend's hair. she always did such drastic things to her hair and her hair sure paid for it! she ended up cutting her hair pretty short but it still looked crunchy alll over

just wear cute hats in the mean time or chic messy/wavy buns
i used to change my hair color every 1-2 months so i know what you mean about getting tired of colors quickly!

psylocke, what color are you planning to do?
some of the lavender shades you posted in the Pastel Hair thread have really white bases, which is amazing omgoodness!
but since you are doing just a bit of steaks, i think deeper shades of pastel or otherwise is going to look really good too.

Last edited by kissablekae; 30-11-2010 at 04:21 AM.

30-11-2010
xx

Sky Ferreira

sky ferreira buzz net, last fm, thestyleandbeautydeco

30-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissablekae View Post
you're welcome & no problemo!

yeah a little bit of damage is expected but definitely DNW(do not want) that ~ spaghetti hair ~ or fried 'hay' hair otherwise known as "the point of no return". where it doesn't matter if they dye it back to dark, it'll always look bad and just needs to be chopped off.

your friend's story reminds me of my friend's hair. she always did such drastic things to her hair and her hair sure paid for it! she ended up cutting her hair pretty short but it still looked crunchy alll over

just wear cute hats in the mean time or chic messy/wavy buns
i used to change my hair color every 1-2 months so i know what you mean about getting tired of colors quickly!
I wouldn't mind having to chop off all my hair, but not right now since it's winter and I don't want my ears to freeze off. Speaking of which, I'm totally wearing hats now due to the freezing cold anyway. It's a really good excuse to hide the mess that is my hair right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissablekae View Post
psylocke, what color are you planning to do?
some of the lavender shades you posted in the Pastel Hair thread have really white bases, which is amazing omgoodness!
but since you are doing just a bit of steaks, i think deeper shades of pastel or otherwise is going to look really good too.
I definitely want to dye the streaks in a lavender color, sort of like Karlie has it in this photo:

picsandmodels.blogspot.com

But the lavender dye is only semi-permanent so I'll most likely dye it all kinds of colors, from baby pink to mint green

I'd love to have very white/silver hair and get all these crazy colors. But I'm not going to do that as long as my hair is as dark as it is now because I really don't want to bleach all of my hair. I'm naturally a dark blonde and it wouldn't be that difficult to do if I hadn't dyed it black and dark brown recently, so that's all my fault anyway. Luckily the black faded, but my hair has a dark base anyway. Unfortunately I really hate my natural hair color on myself, that's why I'm always going berserk with all the hair dye

30-11-2010
xx

^ i always have my hoodie on these days, it's just too cold over here!

i like that look Karlie has, are you just doing peekaboo steaks or all over?

i wanted to do lavender last year when i got to be really light blonde but i knew i would want to go back to blonde...and scared of having to rebleach and end up damaging my hair

baby pink and mint green sounds super cute too!
yeah all over bleaching to that light of blonde necessary for the crazy colors is going to take such a long time!

i don't love my natural hair color on myself either . i wanted my sisters's hair color (light-medium brown), my older sis wanted mine grass is always greener...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blonde, hair, thread