The Blonde Hair Thread - Page 64 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
30-11-2010
V.I.P.

But by cold you probably don't mean -12°C and snow storms every night like we have it here?

I'm only doing peek-a-boo streaks. I was considering dying the hair-ends also, but then I figured it would be best to go for something subtle at first. Especially because I don't have any experience with bleaching my hair myself.

I've been meaning to get lavender hair for ages. But every time a new term at University is coming up I feel like I want a look that won't require putting any effort into, so I just go for dark shades which I'll eventually end up getting incredibly bored of :p
I'm sure the lavender would have looked great on you. But I can understand you not doing it since you have such beautiful blonde hair and it would have been quite a hassle getting back to the shade you have now.

I don't have any sisters but my brother has the exact same hair color as me, so nothing to be jealous of!

30-11-2010
xx

omg i would never survive in your neck of the woods. i remember when it was 28 degrees here and i had to steal my classmate's body heat just to get through class, * holds arms out * "hey dude, sharing is caring"

the amount of streaks Karlie has doesn't seem like much to some but it's actually a lot of work. i remember when i bleached out all of my bottom portion, so many foils! i was about to say girl, are you ready for that endeavor? ... please post pictures when you get it done!

i always go darker for low/er maintenance but i don't like it so i end up lightening my hair again... it's a terrible cycle, makes me feel bad for my hair and my wallet

aw thank you. i should do a crazy color one of these days just cuz before i get some job that restricts that kind of stuff

01-12-2010
xx

looking at photos of Sky Ferreira made me want to curl my hair so i did today

my backwards ombre hair i've seen some examples of it in the Two Tone Hair thread sooo i guess i am doing that trend unintentionally. i'll post these in that thread too. watch that backwards thing get trendy when i don't have it anymore! it's like Neopolitan Ice Cream : vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate

last time in the salon we did a full highlight root to tip but did double the amount at my roots because i like perfect roots. next time i hope to bleach out the bottom.

first one is photo, other two are video screen caps
color tones look different depending on photo vs video

me.

02-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissablekae View Post
omg i would never survive in your neck of the woods. i remember when it was 28 degrees here and i had to steal my classmate's body heat just to get through class, * holds arms out * "hey dude, sharing is caring"
Totally making the best out of the situation I hate cold and snow

Quote:
the amount of streaks Karlie has doesn't seem like much to some but it's actually a lot of work. i remember when i bleached out all of my bottom portion, so many foils! i was about to say girl, are you ready for that endeavor? ... please post pictures when you get it done!
Yes, it must be a lot of work. Since I did it myself (and I'm really a motoric mess ) I wanted to take as little foils as neccessary so I can easily grab the streaks and bleach over them again without having to pick single strands for hours.
I will post pics if it looks somewhat close to what I want it to look like.

Quote:
aw thank you. i should do a crazy color one of these days just cuz before i get some job that restricts that kind of stuff
That's what I keep telling myself. I can't imagine ever having to dress elegant and having to have my hair nicely done once I have a real job. I'm way too experimental with my hair...and slutty and inappropriate outfits

Your hair looks absolutely amazing!!! The reverse ombre really works! So gorgeous!

02-12-2010
xx

^ thank you dearie!

people are always asking "is it hard to maintain?" i'm like "no, because my hairdresser does all the work!" :p my wallet weeps, that's all

yeah that's good because with fun colors you can go chunky, it's easier and colors looks so bold

they are actually trying to make us dress up at my work place, ugh! anything goes for hair though so one of these days i'm gonna show up with lavender Care Bear colored hair! you're probably the least nerdy Math genius out there

02-12-2010
V.I.P.

I'm going to force my cousin to become a hair dresses or I'll just buy a wig
I hate how my hair always turns orange when I bleach it...

03-12-2010
xx

^ wigs are really in right now anyways! take advantage of it
~ pink wig, thick a*s, give 'em whiplash ~

loonaka, are you using at least 30 volume bleach? it's especially tough if you have dyed it dark. that's why i was scared to try to different salon that had balayage because they don't know my hair history. and if i turned out pumpkin, i would've been a damn pumpkin for halloween whatevs, i would be workin' the hale out of it either way like Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass

03-12-2010
V.I.P.

Yeah I use 30 or 40 vol bleach on my hair and then my hair turns pretty light, but like strawberry blonde and I don't like it when my hair is light with red tones, I like it more ashy. So I usually put an ashy blonde color on top of that

05-12-2010
xx

i'm too scared to do my hair myself. and 40 vol is serious biznaz! my hairdresser only used it once on me and i had two people doing my hair, working very quickly!

05-12-2010
rising star

I love the idea of all this lavender, I'm not sure I could pull it off but the idea of little streaks at the bottom sounds gorgeous

06-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
i'm too scared to do my hair myself. and 40 vol is serious biznaz! my hairdresser only used it once on me and i had two people doing my hair, working very quickly!
40 vol have never done much damage to my hair, the worst thing I've done was using bleach for Scandinavian hair 3 times..some of it even fell off

06-12-2010
xx

^ yeah it's not too bad if used correctly. i just wouldn't want to mess with it on my own because i might not be able to apply it fast enough or evenly. that's why they had two hairdressers going at the same time so that the color would lift at the same rate etc. it was the last session of highlights so only it was only applied the leftover darker pieces.

06-12-2010
V.I.P.

I'm pretty cheap when it comes to my hair I would never use much money on my hair and I don't care much if things I do to my own hair looks weird..I can always cut it off or wear a hat

06-12-2010
tfs star

L’oreal Récital Préférence California has been my colour now for a year or so. It`s so natural, that nobody knows I am not so blond originally. I know, though I don`t have to color my hair every 6 weeks, like they recommend. Now I interested in this silver shampoo I heard, maybe that would keep the color brighter even longer. Has anyone tried?

06-12-2010
V.I.P.

I havent tried silver shampoo but I've heard only positive things about it. I know loads of blondes who use it and are loving it... though one girl, natutally dark brunette, but now blonde used it and her brown roots turned purple, but after couple of washes the color got more even. I've heard recommendations that when you are going for blonde from darker colour, you should use silver shampoo in between of the bleaching so it helps the transformation

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blonde, hair, thread