How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiamaria
A few years ago when anyone regardless of what style they wanted .. when they went to toni and guy they would end up with a mullet well now they have all ended up with a bob.
that's so awful.

Christian Lacroix SS 07

[style]

11-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
that's so awful.
it is arfull all the toni and guy "stylists" go to some training acadmey thingy were they learn to cut 3 different generic cuts one for long hair one for medium and one for short.. all above sholder length though .. then once qualified they inflict this style onto every single customer regardless of what the customer nievely "thinks" they want. what they suit or what there hair is already like regardelss of age or style... everyone ends up with the same hair .. unfortiantly the style of this winter is the bob

Quote:
Sounds delightfully 'chavvy'!
nope is more the fashionista wanna be scene kids that think they are all indie that are going for it .. the chav here is a dying breed thank god =]

11-10-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VainJane
I think it's a cute cut...on the models. People like Kate Moss can pull it off but I'm not sure about your 'everyday' person. Seems, to me anyway, that the bob with the short bangs would look best on someone with a thin face. I've seen it on women who have rounder faces and it just appears to accentuate the roundness; it doesn't exactly look good on them.

Very cute on the models though
Exactly - what she said.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
that's so awful.

Christian Lacroix SS 07
*Please do not quote pictures*
[style]
This model actually looks cute wearing this bob-wig!

Last edited by Hanne; 12-10-2006 at 02:04 AM.
12-10-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
it is arfull all the toni and guy "stylists" go to some training acadmey thingy were they learn to cut 3 different generic cuts one for long hair one for medium and one for short.. all above sholder length though .. then once qualified they inflict this style onto every single customer regardless of what the customer nievely "thinks" they want. what they suit or what there hair is already like regardelss of age or style... everyone ends up with the same hair .. unfortiantly the style of this winter is the bob

nope is more the fashionista wanna be scene kids that think they are all indie that are going for it .. the chav here is a dying breed thank god =]
I very well believe this - after all T&G is a company, so they all will be trained the same. Saying that though I use to go to T&G on Deansgate in Manchester and she use to do some brilliant unique hair styles on me - but when I went to London to start uni and I returned home for Christmas she had moved to London to open her own salon!

However, I am getting my hair cut this Saturday and I am getting it cut like the model Oyla Ivanisevic - I am paying a small fortune at the hair salon named 'Cobella' in Selfridges, which has a amazing reputation.

05-11-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
the bob has become the must have style in the uk atm nearly every other girl has it .. thansk to victoria beckham and the pob ... seriously in liverpool we have 2 salons that only cut bobs i cant remember what they are called but the bob is so popular here right now they have dedicated to sallons to it.

A few years ago when anyone regardless of what style they wanted .. when they went to toni and guy they would end up with a mullet well now they have all ended up with a bob.

The most popular style here atm is two longer bits at the front and then shorter at the back.
It's the truth , I'm in Leeds and there are so many girls who have quite obviously got their hair cut short because posh did it , urgh I hate it. As for Toni and Guy everyone gets their hair cut there because they believe it to be prestigious but I found out the truth from someone who worked there so even if I wanted a ridiculous fashion mullet I wouldn't go there anyway !

tfs star

Have let my bob grow out as bobs are everywhere

05-11-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApertureRomance
It's the truth , I'm in Leeds and there are so many girls who have quite obviously got their hair cut short because posh did it , urgh I hate it. As for Toni and Guy everyone gets their hair cut there because they believe it to be prestigious but I found out the truth from someone who worked there so even if I wanted a ridiculous fashion mullet I wouldn't go there anyway !
I haven't got my hair cut short because of Posh - I can't stand the woman, to be honest she should had kept it long, if one looks that bad they need the long hair to cover their face as much as possible! I got my inspirtation from the model Oyla because I wanted a change from my usual hair cut, not because everyone is going short.

As for T&G - I've had some of my best hair cuts there, but by a particular woman who now has her own hair salon in London...somewhere, but I don't know where

I got my hair cut at Cobella, because the last time I went to T&G was in Covent Garden and my! Did they mess it up!!!

05-11-2006
tfs star

I like your new cut Innocent Fairy, I like the fringe and it looks alot sharper then a regular Bob.

Oh and love your VB comment, so true

06-11-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperjeangirl
I like your new cut Innocent Fairy, I like the fringe and it looks alot sharper then a regular Bob.

Oh and love your VB comment, so true
Aww thank you, my dear

The model is 'Olya', not 'Oyla'...I keep spelling her bloody name wrong, lol!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
07, bob, hair, runway, s or s, trend, variations