The Brunette Hair Thread - Page 27 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
26-07-2010
fashion icon

Like this?

justjared

V.I.P.

^ a tad bit darker to that. my complexion is very odd.. plae.whaetish.. so i have to be careful with hair color choices!

front row

I like Eva Mendes golden brown hair!

bellazon

25-08-2010
trendsetter

I've been trying to emulate Eva's hair for quite some time now but, these hairdresser's can't seem to get it right (even when i show them pics) it's never even close to it!

source: stylesnappers.wordpress.com/

25-08-2010
backstage pass

I adore Eva's hair, it's perfect. I don't know why hair stylists are incapable on mimicking this look though? Have you tried somewhere expensive because then you will probably get it perfect and more for you money?

26-08-2010
trendsetter

stannerslove Believe me i have tried expensive ones, i even went to James Brown salon. They are useless
I've going to Rush for the last 5 months, i found this stylist who is good, she knows what i want (showed her pics of Eva L. and everyhting) but she still can't achieve THAT colour on me for some reason, it's like so close yet so far. She's ok (she does try, we are always trying new toners and stuff)so i thought i would stick to her for now, besides she's the only one who is willing to bleach my hair when i have highlights done otherwise my hair won't go much lighter .
If someone can recommend anyone good for this "hard job" i would appreciate it

11-09-2010
front row

matrix

14-09-2010
xx

^ oiselet, the gradient light to dark from front to back is interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulyss View Post
Sometimes I feel like a brunette's only options are lighter 'caramel' highlights, or reddish ones - I don't want either!
my hairdresser mentioned caramel and i was like hale no lol i find ash tones more flattering on me. so not Eva Mendes, more Angelina Jolie's color. i've had golden and reddish as brunette and blonde, i'm not into it. if i wanted red, i'd just go all the way Redhead which i have as well. i feel like 'reddish' hair matches the little bit pink in my skin sometimes...i dunno, it's just weird.

my goal is going back to dark blonde a la Natalia Vodianova. i'm not going to be as light of a blonde as before. taking my time since my hair is the darkest it's been in 7 years. so it's going to be more of a challenge, gotta baby my hair

i went in for full weave of that borderline dark ash blonde-light ash brown highlights. i was modest, not trying to go too light too fast. especially since i'm pretty much starting off with dyed(more stubborn than natural) dark brown/black hair. plus it hasn't been that long since i dyed it dark again, May . i don't wanna look like Pepé Le Pew.

after i first when back to Brunette last year

^ lol muh muh muh muh Pokerface, my hair looks redder in the second photo because i was sitting in front of a fire

this is after the second time i dyed it dark and the color i went into the salon with

highlights

it's okay, too warm for my preference but it was expected considering how much color we need the bleach to lift thru. i've talked to my hairdresser already, we decided to wait a week then i'm going back to the salon tomorrow to run through again with more Ash toner.

photos : me by me

14-09-2010
on the come up

^Looking good! So how many more sessions do you need?

14-09-2010
xx

thanks Naked! oh gosh i don't know, since this time around i don't have a lighter base to worry about, i probably won't need to go back to the salon as often. last time i was pretty blonde like three sessions in but i wasn't happy with how dark the bottom of my hair was and the lines at the roots. so it depends on how nit-picky i wanna be and how i want to wear my hair etc

Last edited by kissablekae; 14-09-2010 at 07:56 AM.
14-09-2010
front row

beduina: I go to get my hair done by a Japanese hairdresser a J.Moriyama hair salon at Marylebone. They're SUPERB and really value for money. I went from a very light brown to a chocolatey warm brown and that went awesome - my hair's texture was still very much intact even after the colouring session.

14-09-2010
V.I.P.

Love the change Kae!! I can see your face already brightnening up with the highlights! They do look a bit reddish at the moment but with the toner they'll be just fine. Can't wait til you officially move to the blonde thread again! but, take your time! I don't want you to fry your lovely head! (that sounded a bit creepy..you know what I mean! love ya!)

Last edited by melfreya; 14-09-2010 at 12:50 PM.
14-09-2010
xx

lol Mel, you're so cute! i love it lighter just because makeup is so much easier. not that i really wear a different amount but i can just get away with lighter colors and if my makeup fades, i don't worry about looking like death or something.

i hope the toner works. honestly if it doesn't i don't really know where to go from here. i don't want to keep going if i'm only going to get reddish results or have this reddish base highlight that will take foreverrrr to cancel out. we shall see tomorrow!

14-09-2010
V.I.P.

I'll be here waiting for the pics!

14-09-2010
on the come up

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfreya View Post
Love the change Kae!! I can see your face already brightnening up with the highlights! They do look a bit reddish at the moment but with the toner they'll be just fine. Can't wait til you officially move to the blonde thread again! but, take your time! I don't want you to fry your lovely head! (that sounded a bit creepy..you know what I mean! love ya!)
agree with mel!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brunette, hair, thread