How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-08-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfairy View Post
I had my hair cut aout 5 weeks ago,and had it trimmed on Friday...I STILL have split ends and my hair is generally dry I'm starting to lose hope of ever getting it back to a decent condition.
I've taken vitamin B complex on different occasions and each time it made my hair grow faster (not really faster but not breaking as much I guess) .
Once vitamin B even made it grow despite the fact that I had thyroid problems that was the real cause of my brittle hair. For me obviously the solution is taking hormones to fix the thyroid thing but if you are healthy I think vitamin B could boost your hair anyway.

John Masters has a product called Deep Scalp Follicle Treatment & Volumizer for Thinning Hair. I've read lots of good reviews on this. It has 4.6 of 5 on Makeupalley:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...ers/Treatments

I'm thinking of buying this. Has anyone tried it?

01-08-2012
V.I.P.

you also may want to look into viviscal. its a vitamin for hair. karlie kloss uses it. its sold at most pharmacies here.

fashion icon

Thank you for your wonderful advice you beauties. I had a lot taken off of it,well above the split ends,in a hope that would help and I could maintain healthy hair from there,but alas.

I think the crux of my problem could possibly be scalp psoriasis. I have had it for many years and have used a cream on it for about 4 years. It's on the base of my scalp,and I have to wash it out with all manners of shampoo and ointments. My Dr seems to think there is nothing else for me to try,but the cream/shampoo can't help my hair?

I

01-08-2012
scenester

Hmm... I've read about a woman that had problems with her hair/scalp and they looked at her scalp with some kind of magnifier and she actually had too much products on her scalp that clogged the hair follicles so that the hair couldn't grow as it should...

I hope your hair gets better because I know from the thyroid experience that it's not a good feeling not knowing why or if it's ever going to get normal again...

01-08-2012
V.I.P.

Anyone use Kérastase's Nutri-Thermique range? What's the verdict over these products?

fashion icon

My hair is going from bad to worse Even my boyfriend commented on how 'un-soft' my hair is. NOOOOOO

04-09-2012
fashion icon

I take it back...the last 3 days my hair has felt a lot lot softer. I didn't wash it for 3 days...coincidence? Would washing my hair less often make a difference? I used to do it every 2-3 days but probably for the past year I've been doing it daily.

04-09-2012
front row

Quote:
I take it back...the last 3 days my hair has felt a lot lot softer. I didn't wash it for 3 days...coincidence? Would washing my hair less often make a difference? I used to do it every 2-3 days but probably for the past year I've been doing it daily.
Dry shampoo is your hair's best friend!

I don't know

Quote:
If you wash your hair daily, you need to get a special shampoo for it. If you're using regular shampoo, odds are it's damaging your hair.

And yes, try washing it as little as possible. It's a tiring process going from almost daily washes to doing it once or twice in one week but it's worth it.

Plus you'll save a ton of money on shampoo!

08-09-2012
Making a Mess

^^ Yes cut back! Unless your hair is very fine and gets greasy after 1 day there is no need to wash it everyday.

milourh, I swear by the Klorane dry shampoo. Its a miracle product, I swear!

Before I tried it I had sworn off dry shampoos as they either did nothing, left product in my hair or even worse left a grey cast on my dark hair. But the Klorane does none of the above. Just makes my hair look like its just been washed and smell good as well.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_Vixen View Post
^^ Yes cut back! Unless your hair is very fine and gets greasy after 1 day there is no need to wash it everyday.

milourh, I swear by the Klorane dry shampoo. Its a miracle product, I swear!

Before I tried it I had sworn off dry shampoos as they either did nothing, left product in my hair or even worse left a grey cast on my dark hair. But the Klorane does none of the above. Just makes my hair look like its just been washed and smell good as well.
I agree, that's my miracle product too! It leaves my hair all soft and bouncy.

unspecified

Is there anything recommended for pre-bleaching? My hair is not the healthiest right now, but it's not horrible either. I have some split ends, but I wouldn't like to cut it just yet.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
08-09-2012
fashion icon

I purchased herbal essances split end shampoo and conditioner (mainly because it was on offer and I'm starting to hate tresemme) and after 2 washes my hair seems a lot softer

04-11-2012
tfs star

LOréal Professionnel ?
What about LOréal Professionnel products? Some of my friends say that they are almost as good as Kerastese (but half or even 1/3 the price) but i don't know.
Any reviews?

08-11-2012
front row

Does anyone have a suggestion for an oil treatment? Ive been using one from Sallys but I feel like it's really not doing anything....help!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bleached, caring, colored, damaged, frizzy, hair, heat, styled