How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-11-2012
V.I.P.

mY hair has gone through a lot and i found the perfect range for my damages hair, REdken extreme, in a blue bottle, i use shampoo, conditioner and a leave in treatment for the same range and my hair feels better, you should try

20-01-2013
windowshopping

I dont know if this is considered an oil treatment, but i truly LOVE Loreal professional mythic oil..
I bought it because my hairdresser recommended it,but to be honest i didnt beleive it was gonna do anything for my hair (very long, dark, previously blonde,very straight, greasy roots in 2-3 days)...
It truly makes my ends tidy, shiny, easier to blowdry...
And my mother(super super dry semi curly hair,greasy in 10 days) is obsessed with it, as well as my best friend(baby fine semi curly hair),and we all have very different hairtypes.
For me it works better than kerastase oleo relax which is too heavy for me.

20-01-2013
backstage pass

coconut oil helps a lot!! leave it for over night and wash off with gentle shampoo and conditioner.
i also love to put oil to ends of hair, make is look little more sleek and takes off frizzyness.
best leave in oil i have tried is from cutrin

http://www.cutrin.fi/en/products/hai...or-normal-hair

i did try moroccan oil and it is just overrated. thank god i did not buy that big bottle wich is almost 50 euros... sick.

28-01-2013
front row

^I used to use coconut oil on my hair and it did nothing for me! I'm definitely a minority, but it just made my hair even drier and really matted. Maybe I was just using the wrong kind?

I used to use the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque (the one in the tube, not in the tub, I'm not sure if there's a difference), but now I'm using Lee Stafford's Argan Oil range and it's lovely. My favourite products are the oil and the mask. The mask makes my hair look amazing, so soft and nourished. And the oil really disguises my dry, damaged ends (I have ombre hair).

my pic

28-01-2013
V.I.P.

I love to use oil at nights to repair & hydrate. My favorites are Nuxe, Leonor Greyl's Palm Oil, argan oil and ICON's India oil. Oh, and of course Moroccanoil.

31-01-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
^I used to use coconut oil on my hair and it did nothing for me! I'm definitely a minority, but it just made my hair even drier and really matted. Maybe I was just using the wrong kind?
some people say that coconut oil have done nothing to their hair.
i use coconut oil like this
kookosöljy.jpg
ruohonjuuri.fi

i really wanna try those lee stafford products but they don´t sell them here where i live...

01-02-2013
front row

^Yes, come to think of it, I actually think I was using the cooking kind! Too funny. No wonder it didn't work.

Last edited by daniellat; 09-02-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: suggesting/soliciting a sale is prohibited - see Community Rules
03-02-2013
fashion icon

I had no idea that Lee Stafford had an argan oil range,I am definetly going to hunt that down and buy it. I KEEP getting my hair cut and within a matter of weeks it is back to being in a horrible condition. I will try anything right now!

10-02-2013
fashion elite

I have highlights so the ends of my hair are quite dry, 2 times a week. I cover my hair with extra virgin olive oil and leave it for the whole day or night then I wash with a mild shampoo, the olive oil makes wonder, leaves my hair shiny and soft. I also use Milk_Shake argan oil before blow drying and it's amazing smells so good and my hair looks very healthy and strong. If I don't hae enought time I wet my hair cover with olive oil for 30 minutes and wash the result is great too.

10-02-2013
backstage pass

extra virgin olive oil is good!

20-02-2013
trendsetter

yeah extra virgin olive oil is a great inexpensive method that makes my hair feel soooo smooth and soft. i only dip the ends of my hair in the oil, as oil and water don't mix, it can be difficult to wash it from my head enough that it doesn't leave greasy residue (i once even had to use vinegar to strip the oil from my roots )

fashion icon

Glad I read this thread before,the Lee Stafford stuff is good for me. As is herbal essences anti-breakage shampoo and conditioner.

Anyone on here brave enough to admit to using the argan oil hair product from primark? (Think it was to do wih argan oil) because it is only £2 and I've read some good things about it.

06-04-2013
backstage pass

^ I've tried it!! Can't say I would recommend it though. It's not terrible, but I feel like it kind of just sits on top of my hair, it makes hair look shiny when you use it, but I don't think it has any long term conditioning benefits.

I also swear by coconut oil...I had a rather traumatic haircut back in January because of some gnarly damage done by over bleaching and ombre upon ombre, and since then I've been doing a weekly, sometimes twice weekly coconut oil mask, and I swear my hair has been transformed. My hair used to grow SO slow. Since I've been using the coconut oil, my hair has grown nearly 3 inches, which is almost double the average amount of hair growth for that time (.5" /month). It's also a lot shiner than it was before and I notice less shedding which used to be a big issue for me!

V.I.P.

^ same here, I've been refusing to have a proper trim for a while now and beach runs, and the sun in general have been damaging my hair like crazy (it's now way lighter than I wish).. I had a bunch of split ends and the part I touch the most resembled tiny wires a few weeks ago .. I trimmed each hair (because no amount of treatment or oil can save what's so obviously screwed) but have been applying coconut oil ever since, once every two days, and I've noticed major improvement (softer, longer) .. it kind of feels nasty while it's in my hair though, other than that I love it, it's worked better than Argan oil for me.

unspecified

If anyone is visiting Brazil, (or lives there) be wise enough to take an empty suitcase and fill it with Niely GOLD products. It is a silicone serum with queratin wich has magic powers. My hair went from being straw like to silk like in 2 DAYS.

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bleached, caring, colored, damaged, frizzy, hair, heat, styled