Caring for Damaged Hair (Colored, Bleached, Frizzy, Heat Styled) - Page 12 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-06-2013
backstage pass

I swear by the Joico K-Pak 4 Step System, which has 2 shampoos and 2 conditioners. I only use them like once every two weeks because I'm afraid of putting too much protein in my hair, but every time I use it my hair becomes so soft and smooth. Biosilk silk therapy serum and "its a 10" leave in product are also necessities for me. The Loreal repair 5 damage erasing balm is not as good as Joico, but its pretty good and also much cheaper.

23-06-2013
V.I.P.

I bought few weeks ago kerastase resistance shampoo and condition and they are the best! I warmly recommend!

Last edited by nita-karoliina; 23-06-2013 at 02:23 PM.
04-08-2013
front row

I've been using this mask by Gliss Kur for a while and it's really nice, makes my hair a lot more manageable and softer. I'm excited to try the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer though, I'm getting it as soon as I return from the seaside, since my already damaged hair will probably be even worse by then.

fashionsalade.com

23-01-2014
V.I.P.

I love Paul Mitchells forever blonde series.
My hair feels amazing always after i use them. I recommend them and Kerastese products.

13-02-2014
tfs star

Nita-Karoliina, I feel like a stalker, I am always commenting right below you

I recently bought John Frieda`s Anti-Frizz Serum, got to say it works wonders, especially on these cold winter months. Other saviour for my lightened hair is Schwarzkopf Extra Care Anti Damage Mask. I love how soft my hair feels after those two and they make them easier to handle, too.

13-02-2014
V.I.P.

Ha ha ha!

I actually like Maroccon oil. That lighter version. I've heard people talking that it's overrated but it works well for me,

12-04-2014
front row

My hairdresser recommended KMS TameFrizz and I'm really happy with the results. My hair is extremely coarse and frizzy but using the shampoo and conditioner once a week keeps it smooth and frizz-free. On the packaging it says it will keep hair smooth for three days, but it lasts much longer for me.

12-01-2015
V.I.P.

I was going to give my red hair a bit of a boost by giving it some extra color this winter. I bought a hair dye (Olia Intense copper 7.4), but now I see that the instructions specify that it should be applied to dry hair. This is a problem, because I have very long knotted curly hair. There is no way I will be able to distribute the color evenly when it is dry... Do any of you guys know if it would be okay to apply it to wet hair? It feels like such a waste to throw out a brand new box of hair dye (You can't return beauty products in Norway)

(Ps. I didn't know where to post this, but this seemed like the best thread)

Last edited by eizhowa; 12-01-2015 at 05:09 PM.
18-09-2015
front row

I have my hair balayaged much lighter and even though they used Olaplex i have to admit it is much dryer... what has really worked for me is oils...

i love using Dr Haushka Neem oil and brush it in my hair before i shower... after i shower i use either argan or adagir oil... a deep conditioner also does wonders.. currently using Redken All Soft Heavy Cream.

Strangely enough the hair dryer i use also makes a huge difff. I used to use a Conair and my hair was always frizzy... I recently got an Elchim which has some good reviews at Shop Hair Dryers and not only does my hair dry faster but i swear it's healthier. I use to think expensive hair dryers were a rip off but it does make a difference.

Last but not least if you color your hair pls ask your colorist or only go to one who uses Olaplex... it prevents your hair from falling out and prevents future breakage. It can also be used as a treatment if you don't color your hair. All the top salons in L.A use it.

02-12-2015
V.I.P.

I tried getting into hair masks to fix my dry hair but just didn't have the patience to do it as often as needed. I did like one by Carol's Daughter... it's funny because I read so many reviews and everyone was saying how greasy it was and some stopped using it because of it. Well, my hair was soooo dry it ate that up in a matter of minutes so I didn't feel any type of grease.. just another day and another nice-smelling product for me.

Anyway, my hair is super soft now, so soft I can't stop touching it.. touching it as I type ... I didn't even plan it, I switched to Klorane shampoos and monoi oil pretty much at the same time.. monoi oil just seems to always work but also, I now use it after showering, with wet hair, so I think the heat of the hair dryer helps to absorb it, and my hair somehow dries faster with oil, and also I don't fully dry it anymore. I still love coconut oil but it just works better on my skin than on my hair.

Another thing is that I also went from eating the occassional amount of kale to industrial amounts in smoothies every morning. Come to think of it that may be the reason, it's just too good with banana, and so cheap!

03-12-2015
V.I.P.

I'm not a scientist but any moisturing products has to be applied on a "just-out-of-the-shower" wet ... skin and/or hair !

i have the shittiest hair of them all ... they are dry frizzy and curly and i cant really brush them (im always touching my hair so...) ! terrible ! i've tried everything but i must say the only products that work are indeed "natural" oil (monoi, coconut etc.) and i also use a smoothing product by paul mitchell (or something like that?)

but really my friends call me Kramer ! o m g i hate my hair !

MP: are you saying kale and bananas are good for your hair diet-wise? coz i love bananas, and well ... in a juice with kale ... i say why not give it a try (i have a juice machine ... no comment!). how long did it take before you notice something ?

03-12-2015
V.I.P.

Right away, days! my skin and hair (and I think everyone's?) reflects all changes almost immediately, from sleep to diet and also the type of water I'm showering with... I eat a lot of vegetables/pasta/fish and until about 2 months ago, I started eating fruits (I hated them since always, probably because my mom hated them too and convincingly presented them as gross ), I still can't really stomach the cold sweet taste unless it's in a smoothie and combined with a vegetable so that's a new addition in my life. Can I just say that when I was in your country I somehow managed to get my hair at its softest, most amazing in years?... I'm still confused on what it was, want to say it was the water (but it's just as hard in California?) or maybe all the pork, which is the only thing I rarely eat. Other than that, I was doing the same to my hair..

Embrace your curls! men curls are the best! I wish I'd go into the hassle of checking PH levels with one of those drug store tests but might be worth a shot if it's considerably dry?

07-12-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
I wish I'd go into the hassle of checking PH levels with one of those drug store tests but might be worth a shot if it's considerably dry?
I never thought about that ! I should check !

And I agree that the environment, maybe even the pollution, changes everything ! I know my hair were awesome when I was on vacations on the west coast not long ago ... The way they were in Middle East. In Paris, my hair arent lookin that good tbh ... In NYC too they are shitty. Maybe I just have hair made for a dry environment ... I'm a little bedouin. Jajaja.

11-12-2015
Eat me, drink me

I have my hair bleached and then colored with Wella Colour Touch. I would love to try Olaplex but it's not being distributed in my country yet (soon, they keep saying!).
I take care of my hair with Wella products. I wash with Colour Save and Colour Recharge Cool Blonde, and I use Repair conditioner. That conditioner has been amazing for me. Leaves my hair silky and smooth when dry. I also use the Oil Reflections oil mostly on dry hair.
Overall, it's worked out. I've managed to grow out my hair at least 15 cm since I started bleaching, but I do get breakage (it is inevitable!).

Last edited by two months off; 11-12-2015 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Typo
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bleached, caring, colored, damaged, frizzy, hair, heat, styled