How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-11-2004
Storm & Sommer

afraid I can't help you there..I'm extremely low-maintenance when it comes to my hair..I use my hands..never brushes..so I can't help you on that one.

pinterest : hanneonpin

08-11-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by copper@Nov 8 2004, 09:51 AM
thanks Hanne

i dont actually want it dead straight.........i more want it very smooth and manageable.

i have heard that there is a specific type of brush you are supposed to use when blowdrying your hair straight though ?
[snapback]422922[/snapback]
The Large Paddle Brush helps me keep my frizzy/wavy hair on control. Aveda's one is the best.

front row

thankyou

what about a rounded/cylindrical soft brush. would that be better for short hair?

what have you done today to make you feel proud?
08-11-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by copper@Nov 8 2004, 06:27 AM
what about a rounded/cylindrical soft brush. would that be better for short hair?
[snapback]423036[/snapback]
those are good. i like a vented metal & synthetic bristle one i got from TiGi years ago. i also found that Terax's Stirante made my hair really smoothe & frizz-free.

09-11-2004
front row

My hair is naturally curled, lots of volume, and in some parts it used to frizz - a total disaster! I tried X-Tenso by L'oreal Professionel and I'm really happy with the results...! My hair is really tamed, and if I leave to dry naturally, it gets some light waves (like sienna Miller waves), and if blow dryed the result is a very natural and smooth straight, not big at all... I truly recommend it to everyone!

The mod squad

SpookyGirl where can I buy it ?

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Golden_butterfly@Nov 9 2004, 04:31 PM
SpookyGirl where can I buy it ?
[snapback]424651[/snapback]

It's an in-salon service, so you'll have to go to a hair salon to do it...

rising star

Try to find a leave-in product with silicone in it; this will protect your hair from the heat of the hair dryer and hopefully give you nice shiny locks as well!

10-12-2004
front row

i think there is this process called ion rebonding where they straighten out your hair stick straight. your hair remains straight until hair grows. mine remains that way for about 5 to 6 months.

10-03-2005
front row

Caring for Frizzy Hair
Okay, I have really poufy, frizzy, curly hair. I want to get something done to it to make it look shinier, healthier, and less poufy. I've heard that the Japanese relaxing treatment and just regular relaxing are very damaging. My hair is already damaged from when I used to blow dry it. What do you guys think I should do?

windowshopping

don't straighten it! curly hair always has the potential to be beautiful, but people always assume that straightening will fix their problems. why have an not as pretty version of straight hair when you could have natural beautiful curly hair? find a stylist who is good with curly hair- ask around. all you need is a good cut (and curly hair doesn't nescarily look bad shorter despite what many people seem to think) and maybe some type of mousse for curly hair or something to make it more like "riglets".

13-03-2005
front row

Great, thanks!

trendsetter

Oh def lay off the blow drying! Embrace your curls! As savage said, look into a good cut with some long layers. Only shampoo your scalp, not all of your hair and cut shampooing to every other day. Comb your hair while in the shower--preferbaly when you have conditioner in your hair. Add some styling lotion or mousse and air dry!

Hope I gave you some help!

13-03-2005
rising star

Curly Hair is in all the fashion magazines lately! I have Struggled with my curly hair for a long time and I finally decided to just let it go. The following tricks work well on my hair which is naturally curly, fine, frizzy and puffy. If your hair is more coarse then these tricks may not work as well.
1. The best deep conditioner I have used is Crede ER treatment (expensive but worth it...very concentrated so it doesnt take much)
2. Keep your hands out of your hair...it makes it frizzier
3. Dont shampoo a lot...sometimes just wet your hair instead of shampooing...but still use conditioner.
4. Infusium 23 is a nice cheap leave in conditioner
5. Avoid combing or brushing it...except to comb thru conditioner...then rinse, apply styling product and leave alone
There is a great book about curly hair by Oiudad with a lot more tips.
Hope this helps...if I think of anything else I will post again.

15-04-2005
backstage pass

super damaged nd super frizzy hair...help!
I have straight bouncy hair w/c is super dry, damaged nd frizzy.. I really cant take it anymore..this is most probably a result of having sooo many chemical treatments in the past..ie color,perm.etc... What should I do with this? Im thinking of going for loreal xtenso but Im not sure of what it will look like after.. I still want my hair to be bouncy and still have body but I want it to be shiny and frizz-less... plllssss... help me.. Can u recommend any treatment that can give me the hair that I want? I really need to fix my hair badly...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bleached, caring, colored, damaged, frizzy, hair, heat, styled