How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-04-2005
V.I.P.

Egg whites whisked til foamy and applied to hair every night? It's supposed to make your hair stronger but I've only tried it once and my hair looked much thicker and shinier. Other than that, you can try olive oil in your hair on alternate days or as a last resort, maybe you can cut your hair short and grow it out again? Sorry, not an expert.

15-04-2005
windowshopping

Oh, when I read this I thought "how many times have I done this to my hair" a million. I have always been obsessed with colour and when I was younger did some dreadful things to my hair. The first rule is:

1. DONT PANIC - when we panic we do things we regret later - think out a plan of action.

While a trim is probably a good idea I dont know about cutting it off, Ive done this and it just made me feel worse because then I had short damaged hair.

Hair treatments: Anything good I always found delva the best for chemical damage if not Joyco. Leave it in the hair for a good 2 hours and use a hot towel over it.

Try to wash your hair as little as possible so you do not put extra strain on it.
Use only good products that dont have a lot of detergent in them and no dandruff shampoo (to harsh).

Dont do styles that encourage breakage while you are treating it - e.g. tight ponytails, heaps of gel etc.

Dont colour ir with permanents. Water rinses seem to add shine, volume and condition, stay away from anything with amonia.

Dont use hair-dryers, straightners etc while treating if possible this will only encourage breakage.

Rinse with tea (if brunette or red) gives shine and alkaline.

Mostly perservere, hair is dead but you can get it back to some reasonable condition with lots of TLC and good products. Use a shine spray to help it look good.

Personally, I found during these times I was best to just wear it in a low ponytail and forget it until it looked better.

Becareful with heavy products like henna oil etc, because they take a lot of washing to remove them and so you put more strain on the hair.

Good luck - it will recover - Monique

15-04-2005
backstage pass

tnx soo mch 4 the info... though I was thinking more of treatments such x-tenso nd the like... do u have any experience on those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamourette11
Oh, when I read this I thought "how many times have I done this to my hair" a million. I have always been obsessed with colour and when I was younger did some dreadful things to my hair. The first rule is:

1. DONT PANIC - when we panic we do things we regret later - think out a plan of action.

While a trim is probably a good idea I dont know about cutting it off, Ive done this and it just made me feel worse because then I had short damaged hair.

Hair treatments: Anything good I always found delva the best for chemical damage if not Joyco. Leave it in the hair for a good 2 hours and use a hot towel over it.

Try to wash your hair as little as possible so you do not put extra strain on it.
Use only good products that dont have a lot of detergent in them and no dandruff shampoo (to harsh).

Dont do styles that encourage breakage while you are treating it - e.g. tight ponytails, heaps of gel etc.

Dont colour ir with permanents. Water rinses seem to add shine, volume and condition, stay away from anything with amonia.

Dont use hair-dryers, straightners etc while treating if possible this will only encourage breakage.

Rinse with tea (if brunette or red) gives shine and alkaline.

Mostly perservere, hair is dead but you can get it back to some reasonable condition with lots of TLC and good products. Use a shine spray to help it look good.

Personally, I found during these times I was best to just wear it in a low ponytail and forget it until it looked better.

Becareful with heavy products like henna oil etc, because they take a lot of washing to remove them and so you put more strain on the hair.

Good luck - it will recover - Monique

15-04-2005
windowshopping

Soory dont have any info on these treatments but I'd like to know about them myself, so hopefully someone will come along and tell us

26-06-2005
The mod squad

I used to have,if not frizzy, but close to frizzy and very dry hair.
I don't know what happend, wether I " outgrew " my dry hair ( at age 21 ? )
or if Sunsilk ( the orange one ) really saved me.

front row

Wow thanx for the thread
i have learnt to NEVER brush my thick curly hair unless i got conditioner on it and am in the shower to rinse it afterwards!
using an anti friz helps alloooot...try it

hope i helped

29-01-2006
windowshopping

I have thick and naturally frizzy hair, and I find using good shampoo + antifrizz serum really helps.

shampoo: kerastese bain douche or oleo reflex shampoo, or as a cheaper alternative, John Frieda anti-frizz shampoo (I find the one with purple color bottle better than their original formula)
conditioner/ mask: kerastese hair mask (maquinease? not sure about the spelling, but it's fantastic), John Frieda is also fine for me.
serum: Kerastese oleo reflex serum, or L'Oreal anti frizz serum (I find them very similar).

31-01-2006
Storm & Sommer

Beauty secret from Orlando Pita, hairstylist.
Source: Br. Vogue January 06
"To smooth a frizzy hairline, I spray an old toothbrush with strong-hold hairspray and run it over the hair."

pinterest : hanneonpin
31-01-2006
Diamond

I've had great luck with Phyto's Phytodefrisant, Phytojoba shampoo, and Phytokarite conditioner. My hair is just curly enough to be annoying so I'm constantly battling frizz

~Madeleine Albright
31-01-2006
tfs star

i've got fizzy hair and this is what i do....

cut: i keep my hair long -if it's too short my hair is curly but when longer it goes wavy and i'm happy with that

regular trims :my hair looks a whole lot worse when it needs a trim - frazzled ends are yucky!!!!
so i make sure i don't leave it too long - a trim every 2 months

conditioner: i use terax origninal crema - i comb it through my hair and leave for a while

deep conditioning: nothing beats kerastese

my little trick: sometimes i brush my hair and then apply a smoothing cream or serum and then with a scrunchie, tie my hair in a loose bun and leave overnight....it makes it less frizzy the next day

01-02-2006
front row

ive also been using terax crema on my hair (which used to be very frizzy and poufy) and ive found its the only product that removes frizz and adds some heaviness

01-02-2006
tfs star

i swear by it - also, its done wonders for my sister's hair

02-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_butterfly
I used to have,if not frizzy, but close to frizzy and very dry hair.
I don't know what happend, wether I " outgrew " my dry hair ( at age 21 ? )
or if Sunsilk ( the orange one ) really saved me.
I'll try that. Right now I'm using the pink Sunsilk. But I'm not optimistic. The only way I can tame the frizzies is to move to a low humidity country. Humidity sucks!

11-04-2006
i'm almost ready..

i have naturally curly hair and have always struggled with frizziness....
it is not desperately bad, but it is definitely frizzy hair.....curly hair usually is, i think.....and the humidity definitely does NOT help....

ive tried a lot of products.... a LOT....
and the other day i picked up a pantene conditioner....something with amino acids....i will have to check for the 'official' name....
but this is FANTASTIC....

it doesnt weigh your hair down or create any of that oily slick flat nonsense....
i am loving this stuff.....if you cant fix your frizziness, try it!.....

15-12-2006
rising star

Fried Hair
Hi, I looked around and couldn't find a thread on this...

My hair is pretty fried and coarse now thanks to past couple years of straighting it. I've had the ends cut off and use shine serum sometimes but it still feels burnt. How can I get my hair healthy again? Hot Oils?

I'd like to keep my hair straight but with the rate I'm going it's just doing major damage. Any advice on that? My hair is naturally wavy.

Thanks

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bleached, caring, colored, damaged, frizzy, hair, heat, styled