How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard / Hair Care
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-01-2007
& b

oh god my hair was looking like owl poop not so long ago, I've bleached my hair to white in order to make it red, then i dyed it black, and every week i throw in some neon blue tint to highlight the black, and it has DAMAGED my hair.

two things that are very cheap and have worked for me are the VO5 Hot oils, and That Frizz Ease serum from john frieda right before you get out of the shower and squeeze the water excess, oh god your hair seems to be anothers'.

I also use the Frederick Fekkai olive oil glossing cream while its wet, so the hair looks shiny and silky smooth.

11-01-2007
backstage pass

Last year when my hair was quite damaged (that was before I cut most of it off :p ) I found that Garnier Fructis Oil Repair products helped. It's just a regular shampoo and contioner line (there's also a nourishing treatment and a product I used for untagling after the shower), that costs the same as any other shampoo one would get at the grocery store, so I'd say it's worth giving a try.

11-01-2007
front row

Try the Pantene shampoo & conditioner, it works so well on my hair... I don't know what I'd do without it, lol.

11-01-2007
scenester

Wash it only every other day, take hair vitamins, try really hard to keep blow-drying and straightening to a minimum, eat healthy.

12-01-2007
V.I.P.

^ How often you need to wash your hair is different with every person. There is no damage if you need to wash your hair evey day if you have the right shampoo and conditioner for it - and I have heard this from various hairdressers. I do agree with stopping blow-drying and straightening though.

dsq
backstage pass

i recently bought this, after using it once, my dry damaged hair became very glossy and smooth. i only use it about once a week, but it says you can use it everyday. avocado butter pre-shampoo hair treatment from burtsbees.com

12-01-2007
trendsetter

Pre natal vitamins (the ones you take if you're pregnant) are incredible for getting your hair and nails looking amazing.

14-01-2007
backstage pass

my hair used to be very dry with spilt ends so i had to let it cut a little. after that i stopped dying it and using products with silicone. and it has become much better now.
silicione is tricky as if you use it your hair will look healthy and glossy at first. but after a while the product will loose it's effect. this is because the silicone encases your hair. it builds up a coating which you can't wash out anymore. therefore other treatments can't reach into your hair anymore. it is getting dull and dry.

to get rid of the silicone film on your hair, you should use a peeling shampoo.
my favourit shampoos without silicone are tigi "oatmeall and honey" and mop "hydrating shampoo". tigi's conditioner works very well, too.

15-01-2007
In Bloom

My hair is very fine, typical scandinavian, and serums are too greasy. It's just not working. I just want to add some shine. Can anyone recommend a shine spray? BTW, I have long hair (lower back-ish).

we were in love

16-01-2007
trendsetter

I got a new hair dryer and am addicted to it. Is isn't bad to use it on the cool setting, is it? My natural instinct would say no, but all this mojo is making me paranoid.

04-07-2007
windowshopping

I use Alterna Hemp Straightening balm to blow my hair out, and I use Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Creme...Textureline Smoothing shampoo, and Ojon is supposed to be GREAT...Sephora is your friend.

07-07-2007
rising star

Has anyone found any homemade remedies that have helped with dry and damaged hair?

07-07-2007
front row

I've tried all kinds of products to relieve my frizz. The only thing that comes close is Tigi's Bed Head - After Party cream.

07-07-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindi View Post
my hair used to be very dry with spilt ends so i had to let it cut a little. after that i stopped dying it and using products with silicone. and it has become much better now.
silicione is tricky as if you use it your hair will look healthy and glossy at first. but after a while the product will loose it's effect. this is because the silicone encases your hair. it builds up a coating which you can't wash out anymore. therefore other treatments can't reach into your hair anymore. it is getting dull and dry.

to get rid of the silicone film on your hair, you should use a peeling shampoo.
my favourit shampoos without silicone are tigi "oatmeall and honey" and mop "hydrating shampoo". tigi's conditioner works very well, too.
Silicones don't cause build up, and they wash out easily with average shampoos. No clarifying or special cleansing shampoos are necessary.

I actually had a bunch of questions about silicones that were graciously answered by someone who's actually a scientist/chemist herself. Read here:
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ind...owtopic=159112

The build-up must be from other ingredients, not silicones.

Hope that helps!

10-07-2007
front row

i i have become addicted to kerastase. it is expensive but worth the price and process. the first thing i would reccomend for instant gratification (and i mean holy expletive my hair feels nice right away) would be an oleo-fusion treatment... it's a nice excuse for a scalp massage and your hair will feel amazing.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bleached, caring, colored, damaged, frizzy, hair, heat, styled